Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

That sucks, I don't mind Newsom. Gun to my head if I had to pick a likely democratic candidate to be president, he is the one I would pick.

There is this great story about a mop sink regulation in one of his small business that he tried to fight that at least gives the appearance of some pragmatism when it relates to businesses. I'll try to edit with a video if I can find it.

10 minutes ago, Weganator said:

That sucks, I don't mind Newsom. Gun to my head if I had to pick a likely democratic candidate to be president, he is the one I would pick.

There is this great story about a mop sink regulation in one of his small business that he tried to fight that at least gives the appearance of some pragmatism when it relates to businesses. I'll try to edit with a video if I can find it.

Really...a mop sink?  Back in the day we called it a can wash, but whatever!!...he'd be my fave, too--and Liz would do nothing but help.  That's the golden ticket right there.

4 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Really...a mop sink?  Back in the day we called it a can wash, but whatever!!...he'd be my fave, too--and Liz would do nothing but help.  That's the golden ticket right there.

Its a dumb name, but its what it has been called at the restaurants and bars I have worked at over the years too.

Closest I could find is this: http://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article165220752.html.. search for 'mop sink' near the bottom.. there is a video with a caption.

Newsom had an affair with the wife of his campaign manager (and former Chief of Staff). It was after he had separated from his first wife, but the woman he had the affair with was still married (to his campaign manager).

Tbh, I tend to think of Newsom as an empty suit. We will see if he proves me wrong.

Edit..forgot to mention. His ex wife is a co-host of Five on Fox News (Kimberly Guilfoyle).

11 minutes ago, jschuck12001 said:

What is the Democrats plan to build the economy, innovate, and create more jobs?  I have no clue what they stand for when it comes to economic policies, I know they want infrastructure but who doesn't.

It surely won't be terribly different than this...nor need it be.

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/issues/

16 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

It surely won't be terribly different than this...nor need it be.

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/issues/

2 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

How about cleaning up Republican messes like always?

I'm being serious, whoever the candidate is they need a strong economic message to pull in the moderates who are embarrassed they voted for Trump.  If you look at Hillary's 5 point plan that Beal posted only the first bullet point is a real job creator and it's not much different than what the Republicans want besides investments in clean energy.

Profit sharing and debt free college seem to be pipe dreams IMO but who knows.

Both sides are against TPP and neither has any love for China but nobody does anything about it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2017 at 7:32 PM, jschuck12001 said:

What is the Democrats plan to build the economy, innovate, and create more jobs?  

It's called A Better Deal. The name sucks, hasn't received a lot of publicity, and I really don't know much about it. I remember Chuck Schumer mentioning it on one of the Sunday shows a couple of months back. The day they were going to reveal it to the public, something Trump did stole the headlines. Haven't heard about it since.

https://democrats.senate.gov/abetterdeal/#.WbqJ6MiGOMo

Dems need to remember that the Republicans are seeking to dismantle the Great Society of LBJ. That included non-discrimination legislation, Medicare/Medicaid, food stamps, and so on. 

That's their short term goal. The end game is rolling back to before FDR. You all remember, it's known as the Great Depression.

45 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Dems need to remember that the Republicans are seeking to dismantle the Great Society of LBJ. That included non-discrimination legislation, Medicare/Medicaid, food stamps, and so on. 

That's their short term goal. The end game is rolling back to before FDR. You all remember, it's known as the Great Depression.

Well it should be mildly comforting to you that they also wanted to repeal the ACA and they can't even get that done when they have a majority.  Doubtful they can get any of this other stuff done.

Hopefully, Jan. 20; 2021 we see President Trump or President Pence; fly away our and new POTUS 46/47 takes over.

They say that when times call for it, the country gets the leader it seeks.

1992 - The Cold War has ended and the economy is in the dumps.  Papa Bush is old, tired and out of touch.   The country elects first baby boomer. A new generation of leadership.

2000 - Bush Jr runs, in part because of papa's 92 loss and the Clinton scandals.  Even though the times were still good, people got tired of the Clinton drama and decide to go with Bush.  Another boomer.

2008 - The economy collapses. Years of war, has made the country wary.  A man of hope appears, Obama.  He wins and hope is through the air; as the nations first black president is elected.

2016 - Sadly, the Obama years don't go as we hoped. Some of it Obama's fault and the rest intense opposition to everything he did. People are angry and tired of the status quo.  Bernie Sanders ignites the passions of the left and our idiot in chief: Donald Trump ignites the right.  Trump wins and we are living in a ****show.

They say each President from Bush on, brought about their successor.  Clinton gave us Bush Jr. Bush Jr. gave us Obama and  Obama gave us Trump.  There might be some partial truth to that.  I do know, that the next elected President; needs to be among the greats.  This country is falling apart and the current president is making it worse.  If we survive him, we need a real leader next time a president is elected.  I say elected because I am taking into the account, we could get a President Pence before the next election. We need someone who is a real leader and can unite this country and start solving the country's problems. We need someone, who will probably go down as one of the greatest presidents of the 21st century.  I know that's high expectations.  After our current nightmare, we are really going to need that person.   Will we get that person in 2020 or 2024?  I'm accounting the fact that it's 50-50 Trump gets reelected.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived