Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

there are some interesting results from the poll here, though I'm not sure how reliable this is or how useful  a national poll is at this point

Bloomberg loses to everyone, Pete only beats Bloomberg, Biden beats Pete and Bloomberg, Warren beats everyone but Sanders, Sanders beats everyone.

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/we97h9ywxh/20200213_yahoo_primary_crosstabs.pdf

35 minutes ago, visionary said:

(tweet)

"Berniebros: they can dish it out, but they can't take it."

I remember scoffing at the people who said there were similarities between Bernie bros and Trump supporters.  

9 minutes ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

I think Sanders has the momentum now, but that can change quickly. The video of him lauding the Soviet Union is pretty bad.

Yeah, he's certainly the frontrunner right now.  

Suspect that Super Tuesday is going to make it much larger.  

Kinda sad.  I think he's the only Dem candidate I'm kinda rooting against.  (Not a lot.  I'm not going to have any trouble voting for him in the general.  Just really not one of the ones I wanted.)  (I'd easily pick Pete, Liz, or Biden over him.)  

2 hours ago, Dan T. said:

It does seem like the hard core Bernie bros and the Trump morons are two sides of the same coin.

I made this comparison a while ago and was yelled at for “both side-erism” 

1 hour ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

Bernie vs Trump is my absolute worst case scenario. I'll still end up picking Bernie, but Jesus Christ....can we not produce a better candidate?

I won’t vote for either.  I’ll probably just make sure I’m stocked up on food, water, and ammo and head for Canada.

4 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I made this comparison a while ago and was yelled at for “both side-erism” 

I won’t vote for either.  I’ll probably just make sure I’m stocked up on food, water, and ammo and head for Canada.

Theres a pretty big philosophical distance between Bernie and Trump, very little between their “movements”.

Doubt you were yelled at, tho...it’s been common knowledge for a while.*

*Benning might have, poor thing.  I wonder how he’s doing these days...

On 2/16/2020 at 4:43 PM, Hersh said:

who isn’t a progressive in the race?? The far left needs to wake the **** up and realize where the Democratic Party is these days. Fighting Climate Change with alternative energy, health care for all in some form, gun control, equal rights for all, and on and on. Many are moving toward a wealth tax.
One is mostly certainly a progressive without saying “you will get everything for free” and “all corporations are evil.”

Sanders and Warren are the only progressives I see and Warren is someone I still consider a corporate Dem. However, I'm not picky at this point, but I would prefer a progressive.

2 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Sanders and Warren are the only progressives I see and Warren is someone I still consider a corporate Dem. However, I'm not picky at this point, but I would prefer a progressive.

serious question cause definitions of progressive may differ: what do you consider progressive positions on health care, climate change, tax reform/wealth tax, and whatever other issue you defines progressives?

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Every single sane person knows that Warren is the strongest, most well-rounded candidate policy-wise.  It’s only the Sanders cult of personality that’s holding it back.

How do we beat it?

What do you mean we? She needs to ****ing fix it. 

Liz's campaign has been absolutely horrible. Not a single voter I talk too can say a single thing Elizabeth Warren actually does/did/wants to do. 

I try to explain to people that if you pay attention to what politicians DO rather then what they SAY then who to vote for is very obvious. Liz is one of the few that's made her career in Consumer Protection and Oversight. She's one of the few out there willing to represent the average American. 

14 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

How is Mayor Pete not a progressive? 

His platform is identical to Warren/Sanders' platforms.  He has trillions in new social programs that will be paid for primarily by a wealth tax and a capital gains tax. 

34 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Theres a pretty big philosophical distance between Bernie and Trump, very little between their “movements”.

Doubt you were yelled at, tho...it’s been common knowledge for a while.*

*Benning might have, poor thing.  I wonder how he’s doing these days...

I believe the phrase I used was “both sides of the same coin”.  And maybe “yelled at” is the wrong phrase but yea, it was not well received.  I think some of us have seen some Bernie supporters for what they are for a while now.  But many have only recently begin to even kinda realize it.  Past the last week or so, I wouldn’t say it has been common knowledge.

*Benning probably would have been one.  But it wouldn’t have stuck out to me if it were only one person, much less only him. 

32 minutes ago, Hersh said:

serious question cause definitions of progressive may differ: what do you consider progressive positions on health care, climate change, tax reform/wealth tax, and whatever other issue you defines progressives?

On healthcare, I want single payer. Climate change, its probably too late, but I want out govt to invest, embrace and research renewable energy. Taxes, tax the wealthy. I'm not saying take everything from them, but please tell my why it makes more sense to take less from people who have more and take more from people who have less? Also, corporations are not people, they don't get away with not paying taxes and Citizens United would be gone (we'll have to find some work around that, if there is one).

How is Mayor Pete not a progressive? 

His platform is identical to Warren/Sanders' platforms.  He has trillions in new social programs that will be paid for primarily by a wealth tax and a capital gains tax. 

Its not necessarily that, my main gripe with Mayor Pete is lack of experience, but he can't do any worse than Trump. Warren and Pete have flip flopped on important issues, important progressive issues. I'm not saying that they can't learn or change their minds, but Sanders' message hasn't changed...whether it was popular at the time or not.

Also, this is the best chance to get a progressive into office and I would like to see what a 100% can do. I don't expect all of his policies (hell, not even most) to pass legislation, but I'm sick of half assed Dems bunting all the time. Lets swing for the fences, we might strike out, but at least we tried. We can let a reality star have the reigns, but we can't try Bernie?

That said, it isn't 'President's Day'....😛

#CallOfTheWild
In Theaters Friday
Promoted by Walt Disney Studios
·
NASCAR · Trending
#pit4busch
Trending with: #Sweepstakes, #PitForBusch, Hamlin
·
Politics · Trending
#PresidentWarren
45.9K Tweets
·
Video Games · Trending
#RTXOn
208K Tweets
·
NASCAR · Trending
Logano
Trending with: Joey Logano, Kyle Busch, The Big One

8 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

On healthcare, I want single payer. Climate change, its probably too late, but I want out govt to invest, embrace and research renewable energy. Taxes, tax the wealthy. I'm not saying take everything from them, but please tell my why it makes more sense to take less from people who have more and take more from people who have less? Also, corporations are not people, they don't get away with not paying taxes and Citizens United would be gone (we'll have to find some work around that, if there is one).

The so-called moderates are far more progressive than you give them credit for these days. They may not all be for single payer but the party is all in for health care for all. 

Archived