Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

3 minutes ago, visionary said:

I’m not going to spend all day arguing about this, so you can keep making a point you seem hell-bent on making, actual context and details be damned.

The point that an invalid argument is invalid, and that just changing the teams involved doesn't make it valid?

What context and details am i ignoring when it comes to:

- Does it matter how long it takes a person to report an issue

- Does it matter how they treat the accuser after the alleged incident occurs

- Does it matter if her details on something from 20 years ago are hazy

- Does it matter if she never went to the police when it happened

Or any of the number of things that we were told don't matter, and are just vicious nasty people attacking a woman when they make those argument

You seem to think that just because there are other arguments are valid that means using invalid arguments doesn't matter... or that it somehow fixes that they're invalid.

If you'd prefer to just continue to dodge or dance around this very specific issue that's fine too.

Honestly I don't really care, I'm just trying to keep up with the ever changing standards. If we just want to write it all off as a matter of political convenience, that's fine. But call it what it is.

Look, I know how this works.  if I spend time to reply to all the things you said, you’ll say something to disagree and then I’ll have to reply and so on and I’ll end up spending a good portion of the day on this and making sure I’m not saying something wrong and getting more and more frustrated and I just don’t have the time and energy for that.  

2 minutes ago, visionary said:

Look, I know how this works.  if I spend time to reply to all the things you said, you’ll say something to disagree and then I’ll have to reply and so on and I’ll end up spending a good portion of the day on this and making sure I’m not saying something wrong and getting more and more frustrated and I just don’t have the time and energy for that.  

the ignore function still works (mostly, not for blocking quotes) and is worth it. 

4 minutes ago, visionary said:

“all the things”

it’s two basic statements. It’s always been two basic statements. How long they take and how they treat the accused. 

but yeah you “know how this works”

pathetic excuse by you. 

2 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

the ignore function still works (mostly, not for blocking quotes) and is worth it. 

you’re right it works great when being called to task on something incredibly basic and simple becomes uncomfortable 

sorry I made you guys question whether using argument experts told us not to use, should be used. 

Shame on me 

7 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

I don't put people on ignore unless they're just here to troll or spout crazy things every post.  I'm not going to ignore people I respect even if they piss me off. 

21 minutes ago, tshile said:

you’re right it works great when being called to task on something incredibly basic and simple becomes uncomfortable 

sorry I made you guys question whether using argument experts told us not to use, should be used. 

As I was reading through all this I thought for sure that many people would have been responding with a "yes it's not right and we need to do better guarding against this type of double standard."  

Maybe some more introspective posters will come along.

If they want to beat trumpydump, make a show of him with so much coverage failarmy style under one month before the election.

Point out his goofs, lies, womanizing and history of preying on women, conceded to foreign leaders who America kept in check, inaction on Covid, poor administrative turnover, vengeful behavior to whistle blowers, two face behavior to friends, locking children in cages, support for racist, promoter of violence against minorities, poor behavior amongst allies........whew.....somebody voted for this guy.

Two weeks before the election,  emphasize how America is a laughing stock that was once respected and how the other candidate help change the perception.

1 hour ago, visionary said:

I don't put people on ignore unless they're just here to troll or spout crazy things every post.  I'm not going to ignore people I respect even if they piss me off. 

Seems like you could be checking those boxes. 

Tbf, who here isn't or hasn't been espousing a nuanced approach to these claims? 

Every case is different and should be treated as such.

Imo, this doesn't diminish the "Believe women" hashtag..it just means that each claim can and should be further vetted (and not just dismissed before it becomes public). 

But I suspect those who think that this movement damages their manhood would have a different viewpoint and would see hypocrisy everywhere. 

Sometimes with these types of things there is nothing that is going to be 100% discernible in proving or dis-proving the allegations.  The only way to approach it is to have all the cards laid on the table and use your best judgement.  The main problem I had with the Kavanaugh stuff is it seemed like there was no real interest to investigate anything and when they finally announce one, limitations were put on it designed to make sure nothing turned up.  Kavanaugh was also obviously lying about a lot of his past antics and behavior which of course does not make him an attempted rapist but it does show some character flaws and make folks question whether he was the right person to be a Supreme Court Justice.  His hearing was looked at by a lot of people more as part of the interview process and not some kind of cross examination and to me he failed miserably.

Biden, so far at least seems to be saying the right things and open to going along with whatever will bring information to light.  I suppose you could question the University records thing but it sounded to me like his argument against that was the fear that other private political/business things that are rightfully private, could end up being leaked and exposed depending on who was doing the investigating.  

In the end, I just don't know for sure, but I am leaning towards this not have happened, but I am plenty open to new credible information coming out that would change my mind.

4 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

As I was reading through all this I thought for sure that many people would have been responding with a "yes it's not right and we need to do better guarding against this type of double standard."  

Maybe some more introspective posters will come along.

I'm game, but this isn't the best thread for this, imo.

It's like the #MeToo movement needs an honest to God retrospective thread, I already gave my grade a couple pages ago.

@tshile do you believe Tara Reade or Biden?  I don't believe her, and if they can't prove he did what she said he did, then she's in the same boat every other woman is because of the failure of the #MeToo movement, no hypocritical political bias necessary. 

You're talking about two things at the same time while Trump has a tidal wave of allegations and burning the country to the ground, that's why I don't believe a lot of people want to have this conversation with you right now in this thread, right or wrong. You're asking Democrats to play fair when Republicans don't, what did you expect? 

Not pointing you out because I forget where your stances are on abortion, but I don't believe anyone pro-life should be acting like a woman's rights crusader for Tara Reade, this whole conversation is hypocritical times pi, another reason no one wants to have it with 2000 people dying a day will the guy Biden is trying to replace is talking about giving folks Clorox via IV. You have to be within 6 feet to grab someone by the p****, last I checked.

What are you asking for here? To prove we aren't hypocrites?  None of us can pass this test, he without sin cast the first mf'n stone, fa real fa real.

Can we please get back to our regularly scheduled program of trying go get this shmuck out the white house and maybe point this Tara Reade in-depth conversation here instead?:

I'm getting tired of being told what I should or shouldn't be angry about, I already have my own list and I plan to do something about it in November.  Biden has a better chance of winning Texas then getting charge with sexual assault, why are we doing this to ourselves?

No one cared about the women trump accosted until he ran for potus

No one cared about the woman biden accosted until he runs for potus

No one cared about the women cosby accosted until he tried to buy nbc

No one cared about the women weinstein  accosted until he made a bad movie

No one cared about the women rkelly accosted until his music sucked

No one cared about the women nasser accosted until his training sucked

don’t you see the theme here......you have to run for potus to get away with it.

i think you guys are doing fine as it is complicated

there are qualities of integrity and consistency of standards in play, complex issues of "fairness" to all parties unclear since the beginning of #metoo, and many forms of clearly established unfairness, and all these things are important and should be addressed

then you have relevant pragmatic realities like everything being on the line in this election, and one side trying to win playing by the rules and the other side using every cheat they can....and you can get bogged down arguing about this with terminally hypocritical bad faith dickheads, which would be 96.3 % of everyone on the right* who brings this up, and waste a lot of energy

just ignore them and work this out without participating in their nonsense noise and distraction

*(definitely not including our buzz btw who i think long has and still does identify as "a conservative", just the now-rare non-toxic version who hates trump)

and yeah, if this goes on much longer move it to the thread renegade linked

I wonder how this accusation will impact the choice of VP.

Will he be comfortable with someone who gladly threw Frankin under the bus to get ahead?

might be like selecting Hillary

No way he puts Hillary a heartbeat away from the presidency when it’s his own heartbeat.

https://blog.simplejustice.us/2020/04/29/short-take-the-seven-womxn/#more-43525

stolen comment

16 hours ago, ClaytoAli said:

If they want to beat trumpydump, make a show of him with so much coverage failarmy style under one month before the election.

Point out his goofs, lies, womanizing and history of preying on women, conceded to foreign leaders who America kept in check, inaction on Covid, poor administrative turnover, vengeful behavior to whistle blowers, two face behavior to friends, locking children in cages, support for racist, promoter of violence against minorities, poor behavior amongst allies........whew.....somebody voted for this guy.

Two weeks before the election,  emphasize how America is a laughing stock that was once respected and how the other candidate help change the perception.

None of this will change anyone’s mind.

Trump is going to lose this election because the economy tanked, many people will die due to this disease and Biden isn’t upsetting the corporatocracy.

More for TWA.

A Hillary Clinton-Barack Obama ticket to replace Joe Biden? Is it even possible?  

>>>Desperate times do indeed call for desperate measures. For the Democrats, a truly desperate time could come if Joe Biden is forced to withdraw from the presidential race. While the former vice president is the presumptive Democratic nominee to face off against President Trump in November, his nomination is still far from official....<<<

Archived