Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

1 minute ago, TheDoyler23 said:

Yea. It's about getting people who would have unenthusiastically voted for Biden to not vote at all. They will shout it from the rooftops every day until election day!

The hypocrisy will also be lost on a group of people that voted from Trump and thought Hillary was corrupt and lazy.  

3 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

Yea. It's about getting people who would have unenthusiastically voted for Biden to not vote at all. They will shout it from the rooftops every day until election day!

Will probably have impacts down ballot on the the believe all women crowd....if suppressed

14 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

I'm well aware of that. My point isn't about Biden. No one is enthusiastic about Biden except those who have a tough time deciding between cereal and oatmeal every morning.

People are enthusiastic about Trump getting out of office, which is why so many have said repeatedly "I am voting blue, no matter who." This election isn't pro-Biden, but anti-Trump. Its the same fervor that drove Trump to barely win in 2016.

The obvious problem with this thinking is that its short-sighted, but I guess people will deal with that in 2022 2024.

16 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

She says that she filed a complaint back then and there's rumors that records from Biden's office at that time are stored somewhere in the U of Delaware. Access and disclosure of these documents is the only way to lend credibility to her claims.

The last NYT article I read recently was about her neighbor confirming Reade complained about it to her and they were confirmed neighbors at the time.

I agree her credibility makes this really hard, and this isn't keeping conversation honest based on comparisons to what Trump has been accused of.

I don't think this can be proven true, which is why it's a scab that will keep getting picked, even Sanders endorsing Biden wasn't enough to stop the progressive subreddits from showing how woke they were.  They don't care about this woman even if it was true, it's just fuel for their own prerogatives.

4 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

So what is your principle here?  That the third way candidate is superior because it can win?  Well then what happens to that principle if the third way candidate loses to Trump again?

You and others have complained about how alienating the progressive wing of the Democratic Party is because of loudmouths on twitter saying mean things about the other candidates.  You know what's alienating?  Crapping on your most energetic base, making a mountain of false equivalency comparisons to Right Wingers.  Turning off a generation of future Democrats.  Nominating crappy, unprincipled, reactionary candidates based upon the argument that they can win, and then losing to Republicans.  So Biden better not lose.

It's a self-fulfilling prophecy when part of the left does everything they can to make it harder for those running.   People need to learn to work with what exists instead of destroying the good for the fantastical and ending us up with the terrible.

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I don't think this can be proven true, which is why it's a scab that will keep getting picked, even Sanders endorsing Biden wasn't enough to stop the progressive subreddits from showing how woke they were.  They don't care about this woman even if it was true, it's just fuel for their own prerogatives.

That's something that makes me upset.  A lot of people attacking Biden over this on the left and the right, not on here, would be attacking him anyway, just as they have or would savage the other candidates.  Now they have a moral veneer to hide behind and there's likely no good ending here.  It kind of makes me want Biden to dropout, just to see the pivot to attack whoever takes his place. 

On the other hand I can't help feeling bad for Biden and his family considering everything they've gone through over the years and Biden has tried to so hard for decades to get where he is today. If he ends up dropping out after coming so far not because some damning evidence comes out if there can be any at this point, but for the good of the party and the nation, it's kind of heartbreaking to think this may be how he's remembered if he dies in a few years. And keep in mind Biden was one of my least favorite candidates. And I feel bad for Tara too, no matter if she's telling the truth, or not.  I'm sure she's going through a lot of **** right now either way. and went through a lot to get to this point.  Eventually most of us will move on from this, (and many people who pretended to care will abandon those involved) whether in the coming weeks or after the election and Biden and his family and Tara and those close to her will be left with the fallout.  

Biden told donors at the online event he was thinking about “maybe announcing not the whole cabinet, but some,” before the election to give voters a better sense of how his administration would look.

“I don’t have any limitation on if someone were a Republican if they’re the best-qualified person to do it,” he said. “But I’m not there yet.”

Biden began thinking about what he wants a hypothetical administration to look like even before he became Democrats’ presumptive nominee to take on Republican President Donald Trump.

He is close to naming a committee to run background checks on possible running mates. He has already indicated he will choose a woman for that role and hopes to have the person vetted by July.

“I have made it clear from the beginning that, if I’m president, my administration, my cabinet, my vice president, the Supreme Court, etcetera, it will look like the country, it will look like America,” he said on Wednesday.

2 hours ago, visionary said:

That's something that makes me upset.  A lot of people attacking Biden over this on the left and the right, not on here, would be attacking him anyway, just as they have or would savage the other candidates.  Now they have a moral veneer to hide behind and there's likely no good ending here.  It kind of makes me want Biden to dropout, just to see the pivot to attack whoever takes his place. 

Agreed, I'm saddened that after everything women have gone through the biggest change we got from the #MeToo movement was modifications and standardization to the social media outrage lifecycle. 

"Outrage approved, permission to retweet granted".

The fact DoD is still allowed to investigate itself for sexual assault cases shows nothing much tangible came from that movement, at least not what many women I know was hoping for.  How many famous men went to jail versus rape kits still in storage expiring throughout the country?  

He needs to address it personally, probably with a Press Conference, release any document, and figure out who can do an independent investigation. 

Get it out of the way now, and have the high road as someone who takes allegations seriously and respectfully. 

But letting it drag on like it is isn't going to be a good thing. Nor should it be.

16 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

The District police department open an investigation and closed it. That's good enough for me.

The media doesn't have the same kind of access to investigate as the police.

LOL. Like anyone thought Joe Biden was going to jail on a 27 year old case.

Never mind, you guys seem pretty set on having this thing remain a campaign issue right thru the fall. 

51 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Never mind, you guys seem pretty set on having this thing remain a campaign issue right thru the fall. 

I want this issue to die. Like I said, the police opened and closed it.

I'm sure the Trump/GOP team is looking at Romeny's Binders full of women; to see if there are other women who will come out. 

If the election were held today, Trump would lose.   It isn't.  If you you Joe has it sewn up; then you are doomed for disappointment.

You go into the election; assuming you are the underdog.  Biden wants it, then he really has to fight for it.  If he does what Hillary did and

assumes he will win; then he will lose.

The GOP/Trump will do everything they can to ensure their victory.

Limit polling stations in Democrat areas.

Remove Democrat voters from the voting rolls.

Spring several October surprises in October. Whatever dirt they gather on Biden; they will wait until late to unleash it.

Spend their millions attacking Biden.

Limited absentee balloting/mail-in voting.

Spread rumors of another corona outbreak in Democratic areas, in a bid to tamper down turnout.

Use deep-fakes to spread misinformation about Biden.

It wouldn't shock me, to see the GOP actually unleash corona again; in Democratic areas. 

Engage in a military conflict in October, to boost Trump's ratings.

Exploit that lack of enthusiasm for Biden.

Get the left even more angry at Biden.

Pay for Tulsi Gabbard or someone like her, 3rd party campaign.

I can go on and on.

I said early one thing that may decide the election is how the voters feels about saving lives vs. saving jobs?  People can't stay home without income.  They will reach a point, where they will risk getting infected to provide for their families, pay their bills, etc..   If the  prevail will is to open or remaining open during the fall and the Dems/Biden want to close up shop again that may work against the Dems.   

People will say, just quarantine the sick and high risk people; so the rest of us can go back to our lives. I honestly can see the government doing that.  

We just don't know where the country will be in Oct/Nov.   Biden isn't assured anything.  He's that creepy uncle that the more you see him, the more he turns you off. 

The back half of the MSNBC lineup is not going to let this Tara Reade/McCabe situation go, Joe needs to address this and I would also like to see Tara Reade put under oath. 

I would like to know why she was re-tweeting and liking positive messages concerning Joe and his fight on sexual assault in 2016 and 2017 when she had previously been sexually assaulted by him.  There are about 8 or so tweets in question.

And then you have this.

1*nOub3P5V175esy6aeb7VLA.png

11 hours ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

What more could we ask for beyond a law enforcement investigation on a 27 year old allegation? (if there are relevant personnel file, I would be happy to see those released).

As for putting this to rest as a campaign issue, will that be after the second congressional hearing or does it require three?

Serious inquiry: Does it reflect poorly on me if I choose to be a hypocrite in this instance through acknowledging that whatever Joe Biden has or hasnt done, hes still better than Trump? 

In the past I would allow my morals to help me manage this and hope by following them I could be and example for others. But in this case those others are ****ing hopeless. 

Archived