Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

Message added by TK,

37 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Pelosi and Schumer can always call everyone back in.

My question is - when does the Georgia runoff get certified, and when are they seated?  Because if it’s soon, all it takes is Romney or someone else breaking ranks, and unlike previously, I believe he might actually do so.

As for the 25th, am I right that it would strip him of power, but only assent of 2/3 of congress would lead to removal?  Or is the 2/3 apply to both (removal of power and removal from office)?

It really is a miracle more people didn’t die... all of the weaponry available and no one used it.

remember the piles of bricks left in the streets during the BLM protests?  Do you think it is possible that this weaponry was meant to further incite violence and placed there by foreign actors ie Russia?   It just seems strange to me that crazy people would bring weapons to dc, attack the capital, then have the sanity to not use them....

9 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

It really is a miracle more people didn’t die... all of the weaponry available and no one used it.

remember the piles of bricks left in the streets during the BLM protests?  Do you think it is possible that this weaponry was meant to further incite violence and placed there by foreign actors ie Russia?   It just seems strange to me that crazy people would bring weapons to dc, attack the capital, then have the sanity to not use them....

we’ve long seen evidence during BLM protests that third parties have worked to worsen and escalate the situation.  Without knowing exactly who is doing that, and what their motives are, It’s a mistake to assume those same types wouldn’t attempt the same tactics for right wing protests.

Many groups would prefer much more drastic change than the standard republican vs democrat dynamic allows.

I've been off here for a few months. I was super stressed and needed a break. I am brought back by this. I didn't even know about it until 8 p.m. last night. But first, I made an ass of myself with @Larry before I left and for that I apologize to everyone but especially Larry.

Warning: Nothing new here - I'm sure:

I think this situation should bring everyone associated with it down. Everyone from Trump to Fox News (I say that word very lightly when referring to them) to any politician that supported this and anyone that showed up yesterday to attack our capital. It is embarrassing and these people really need to be made an example of. Anything less, and it gives them permission to do it again. If Fox, OAN etc...etc.. want to continue screwing with the simple minded they need to be taken off the air. You can be conservative without promoting stupidity and violence.

I have a lot of thoughts about what to do with these people. Not one of which is legal. I have zero tolerance for the BS that has happened over the last several years.

America needs a serious overhaul right now. I was going to say it needs to shake the fleas off it's back. But, this more feels like a tick infestation that has been there for years and sucking every last drop it can until it bursts. We need to get the tools and remove them, then Frontline this country so they don't come back.

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I've been off here for a few months. I was super stressed and needed a break. I am brought back by this. I didn't even know about it until 8 p.m. last night. But first, I made an ass of myself with @Larry before I left and for that I apologize to everyone but especially Larry.

I'd forgive you.  If I remembered being offended.  

Either it wasn't that bad, or my memory's worse than I think.  

Maybe both.  :) 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
Just now, Larry said:

I'd forgive you.  If I remembered being offended.  

Either it wasn't that bad, or my memory's worse than I think.  

Maybe both.  :) 

Ha, thanks. It really wasn't worth remembering. It was just me being really dumb. I knew then that I needed to step aside for a bit

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

For the first point, I think we should all be glad that DC doesn't allow open carry, regardless of how people feel in general about open carry laws. I think if those people had been carrying rifles things could have turned out much much worse in a variety of different ways.

For the second point I agree with @Destino...wouldn't put it past anyone. The people who are looking to further pretty much any strife probably don't care too much about which side they're "helping". That being said, I would still guess it's a small number and the majority of those people were legit MAGA nutcases.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Larry said:

Local NPR station just aired an interview with "Malcom Nance, National security analyst".  (No more detained qualifications given.)  

Guy comes across as somebody who was specifically picked because he was the most extreme voice of outrage they could find.

He's ex Navy intelligence (20 years), wiki him, he's not talking out of his ass, he's just pissed.

• Thanks 3
1 hour ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Ha, thanks. It really wasn't worth remembering. It was just me being really dumb. I knew then that I needed to step aside for a bit

Don’t worry. We all do. 

last night between midnight and 1 am I wound up posting stupid crap like my cell phone battery status and random remarks about making frozen pizza in the thread.  Too much drinking and no desire to miss something I want to talk to my children and grandchildren about. 

While I needed a break I wasn’t willing to die this

not this. It’s too serious. 

(But not so serious I couldn’t drink all night watching it)

2 minutes ago, tshile said:

last night between midnight and 1 am I wound up posting stupid crap like my cell phone battery status and random remarks about making frozen pizza in the thread.  Too much drinking and no desire to miss something I want to talk to my children and grandchildren about. 

Haha, yeah I went back a few pages earlier and saw your phone status and thought to myself...hmmm weird post...congrats on your 8.5 hours of screen time though. Most excellent!!! And boy will this be a story.

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

It’s really hard to blame the cops on the front line for that though I think. From what i saw they tried to hold the line but were woefully overpowered.

Maybe. Maybe not tho.