Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread


Message added by TK,

 

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, rdsknbill said:

McConnel?  Pelosi? Shumer? ( Biden? anyone?)  ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!  AOC?  She's a poison to this country. Anyone from the "squad that promotes a Venezuela type socialism?  How is anyone, that is supposed to speak for their constituency, be so Anti Democracy? Or, IMHO, Anti-American?  As I said in a previous post, they promise everything to their supporters, but, sadly, only do what benefits their own pockets.


While others have made points with some validity, I’d just like to point out that you used an opening quotation mark but not a closing.  Is the whole thing something someone said?  Or are you at the education level of an average trump supporter?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Spicy language

  Reveal hidden contents

 

 

 

 

Yeah, their whole schtick is only sloganeering until cops do something they don't like.

 

Remember when those right wing asshat Trump supporters literally stormed the state legislature building in Michigan? They were absolutely screaming in the faces of cops who were there simply doing their jobs and protecting lawmakers and making sure the people armed with goddamn rifles weren't let into the actual assembly room. They were right in their faces calling them fascists and nazis.

 

"Blue lives matter!*"

 

 

* "Until they tell me that can't do something I want to do."

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, rdsknbill said:

McConnel?  Pelosi? Shumer? ( Biden? anyone?)  ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!  AOC?  She's a poison to this country. Anyone from the "squad that promotes a Venezuela type socialism?  How is anyone, that is supposed to speak for their constituency, be so Anti Democracy? Or, IMHO, Anti-American?  As I said in a previous post, they promise everything to their supporters, but, sadly, only do what benefits their own pockets.

I had a Socialist President as President for 19 years.

And socialism ain't close to what you think it is. Really.

 

And I wouldn't call myself a socialist in any way lol.

 

What you call "Venezuela type socialism" is dictatorship.

 

And you know the common point between Nicolas Maduro and Donald Trump?

Both didn't accepted results elections.

 

Which is usually a good sign of Dictatorship.

Edited by Wildbunny
It was 19, not 14. Forgot Hollande :P But that's understandable, guy was a ghost of a President :P
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Socialism was explained to me in my mid 30s by a fellow bartender who grew up on the island of Ibiza, Spain...his dad was a historical novelist.

Utilities should be socialized.  Medicine should be socialized.  (Those were just the super easy things to grasp.)  It makes it easier for people to SURVIVE. 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, rdsknbill said:

they promise everything to their supporters, but, sadly, only do what benefits their own pockets.

Indeed...like promising their supporters they'll overturn an election if only supporters donate enough money for the fight, only to pocket that money in their own super PAC?

  • Like 3
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to give the radical right credit for their spread of lies and misinformation. Anyone that can read should know that there is no such thing as "Venezuelan Socialism". As a few others have pointed out, what they have is a dictatorship. That people on the right do not know or understand the difference is on them. 

 

But they come up with the false narrative in short easy to remember taglines then just say them over and over and over again. And those that prefer to remain ignorant, and especially if those lies align with their own false narratives, soak up every word ignoring all logic and reason.  

 

I do love how AOC triggers the right. It really doesn't matter what she says or what she does they get all freaked out. She has permanent space in their little brains. I believe there was some reference to her not following through on her commitments and just lining her own pockets - without any proof whatsoever I might add. 71% of her district would like to talk to you. That was her % of the vote in her re-election win. 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, clietas said:

 

Ah classic old timey racist talking points. My favorite. 

 

I don't think pointing to Venezuela and socialism is necessarily racist... They're a country that embraced a socialist form of government, and they've had a terrifying economic collapse with hyperinflation.

 

It IS a lazy analysis, that ignores the collapse in oil prices (oil was the backbone of their economy) and the destruction of democracy and institution of dictatorship under Chavez and Maduro,  as well as the non-collapse of plenty of other socialist countries (like Trump's favorite, Norway), but lazy isn't necessarily racist.

 

It does work, though, especially with people from that region, and is one explanation for Trump's increased numbers with Hispanics, particularly Venezuelans.

 

I'd also agree that Trump is much closer to Maduro than Biden.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a friendly update after briefly sauntering over to the infested waters of Breitbart and Gateway Pundit:

 

The newest COVID-19 thing over on the far right after the recent Rudy diagnosis is "Why is it that this virus seems to only be targeting prominent Republicans and not Democrats??? How are the Chinese and Dems doing this do you think?" (or some permutation of that). 

 

Yes, I'm being serious. And yes, so are they.

 

Thoughts so far are intentional genetic mutation of the virus by China and the Dems, rubbing the virus on car and door handles, and aerosol distribution around Republicans. Again, both of these are real things said by multiple people who are quite serious. 

 

(Anyone who points out that it just MIGHT have something to do with the fact that Republicans are the ones blatantly flouting safety protocols is immediately shouted down as a communist/marxist/socialist/fascist and/or blocked by the other posters).

  • Haha 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Just a friendly update after briefly sauntering over to the infested waters of Breitbart and Gateway Pundit:

 

The newest COVID-19 thing over on the far right after the recent Rudy diagnosis is "Why is it that this virus seems to only be targeting prominent Republicans and not Democrats??? How are the Chinese and Dems doing this do you think?" (or some permutation of that). 

 

Yes, I'm being serious. And yes, so are they.

 

Thoughts so far are intentional genetic mutation of the virus by China and the Dems, rubbing the virus on car and door handles, and aerosol distribution around Republicans. Again, both of these are real things said by multiple people who are quite serious. 

 

(Anyone who points out that it just MIGHT have something to do with the fact that Republicans are the ones blatantly flouting safety protocols is immediately shouted down as a communist/marxist/socialist/fascist and/or blocked by the other posters).

Since thoughts are electrical and chemical stuffs coming out of the brain, I'm pretty sure some could come up with some theories that this virus is only targetting some specific kind of chemical alchemy within brains. Thus the virus remaining silent when hitting Dems, because they don't have the same chemicals working in their brains...

 

What do I win?

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yes, I'm being serious. And yes, so are they.

I’m one that’s always float the “if we could convince them all to go to a big boat at the same time we could sink it a few miles off shore” idea in jest

 

but it’d probably work on these folks. I can think of a number of causes that might encourage a good percentage of them to take the pilgrimage to a boat. 
 

and the way they seem to think about things, we could probably get more than one run at it. I’m sure we could come up with an explanation as to why the boat sank that would not only quell any fear about a future boat pilgrimage, but actually encourage them to demand it and immediately

 

this could be a 2-3 week project with incredibly results and a high ROI. 

Make America great again

 

one boat at a time 

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tshile said:

I’m one that’s always float the “if we could convince them all to go to a big boat at the same time we could sink it a few miles off shore” idea in jest

 

but it’d probably work on these folks. I can think of a number of causes that might encourage a good percentage of them to take the pilgrimage to a boat. 
 

and the way they seem to think about things, we could probably get more than one run at it. I’m sure we could come up with an explanation as to why the boat sank that would not only quell any fear about a future boat pilgrimage, but actually encourage them to demand it and immediately

 

this could be a 2-3 week project with incredibly results and a high ROI. 

Not sure how many people have read "hitchhikers guide to the galaxy" but this is similar to a set of running jokes in that set of books.  Long story short an advanced civilization convinces the useless people in their society (e.g. telephone cleaners) that a civilization destroying event is going to occur and that everyone is going to leave the planet.  They put all the useless people on the first space craft to leave promising that the people society deem useful will be on the next (which oddly hadn't been built yet).

 

For what its worth, the people that deemed themselves "useful" were eventually wiped out by a virus spread by unclean telephones.  The useless people they sent away landed on a remote planet known as earth. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...