Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

Message added by TK,

17 hours ago, Jumbo said:

this last few weeks is the first time i'm seeing pa's lt gov, fetterman...i liked him right away, particularly his demeanor a and no-nonsense straight talk style, and he continues to grow on me

i know nothing about him really, but based on that ignorance and my spidey-sense, i like the idea of him running for a bigger office soon

that he looks like a serial killer is a bonus in my book

He sure doesn't come across as your typical politician.  I'm going to keep my eye on him.  He's the kind of Democrat who can turn some MAGA heads on his personality alone.

• Like 4
15 hours ago, bearrock said:

Blanket student loan forgiveness or blanket forgiveness for anyone under a certain very high income threshold is akin to blanket immigration amnesty during the Reagan years.  It may be preferable to the status quo, but it's a poor solution that avoids the hard work of crafting a targeted legislative solution that strikes the appropriate balance between giving relief to those struggling but also not arbitrarily rewarding a randomly selected group over those who worked as best they could within the context of existing rules. More critically, it fails to prevent the repeat of this problem in the future.  

Forgiveness income threshold should be lowered, asset test should be implemented, but also period should be expanded to capture people who attended college in the recent past who made do with their low income and asset to avoid accruing a lot of student loan.  Those group should be rewarded for their responsible behavior.  And any forgiveness amount tied to income/asset threshold or look back period should be phased out in gradual increments rather than a clear dividing line of demarcation.

What is the income theshold?

3 hours ago, Hersh said:

I’m convinced there is a pee tape with her and either POTUS or Don Jr. I imagine her calculus is to run for office in a heavily red Trump district so she thinks she has to lick his balls as much as possible, but damn. 

With all of the people who in the past called Trump an idiot, unfit, etc and who then ended up kissing his ass later...there must have been a freakin' pee orgy on tape.

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I thought his proposal was only $10,000 a year being deducted up to 4 years with some public service requirement 

If we are to forgive some or all of student debt; that person must do some sort of public service. Nothing is free and if the government helps you; you must do something for the government in return.

CNN has Joe reaching 80 million in the popular vote. 81 million, anyone.

• Like 1

The time is right so I am livestreaming the PA GOP meeting now.  Speaker is going off on how they hand duplicated damaged ballots. 

It sounds like they are throwing their election workers, who did their job under a global pandemic environment under the bus. 5 elections since 2010 and these are probably fairly routine practices, but let's put them under scrutiny and malign election workers this time because precious Trump lost. And some state politician wants to raise his status.

My favorite thing is watching reporters or staff staying awake in the background...

• Like 1

Welp, getting work calls.  Main witness I saw, "When Donald Trump walked down the escalator, it changed my life.  I helped out his campaign and chaired some GOP stuff.  Thank God for Donald Trump."

She then proceeds to make some neferious yet non-specific accusations about not able to watch the countings, back rooms they had no access to and pop-up vote registration sites in heavy Democratic areas.  

Now there is a guy talking about how the vote machines can be hacked. 

Also, very few masks in this room... so superspreaders....

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I thought his proposal was only $10,000 a year being deducted up to 4 years with some public service requirement 

Yeah, I think there are several components.  There's the 10K forgiveness to all as covid relief package (I would assume that income test would eventually attach to this too).  The $10K per year forgiveness up to 4-5 years for public service.  Also broader forgiveness for public school undergrad loans for those earning less than $125K per year.

Broader flat 50K forgiveness championed by people like Warren had an income test ranging from 100k to 250k.

2 hours ago, Dan T. said:

He sure doesn't come across as your typical politician.  I'm going to keep my eye on him.  He's the kind of Democrat who can turn some MAGA heads on his personality alone.

Biden's not the idea of rural Pennsylvania man's idea of a man's man. Not sure if Trump is either, other than how he talks . . . even though they don't share **** in common other than skin color. Fetterman could certainly turn them. Wolf is seen as in the mold of Biden: egg-head elite that looks down on the working man. Even though he prob doesn't. Talks too slick.

1 hour ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I think that they should eliminate a portion of accumulated interest from student loans and then renegotiate the interest rates on the principal. Some public service is good too. Plus an income/means test. 

Nah, if you're gonna do it. Do it. There are already forgiveness programs for certain fields, but the terms are draconian (a missed payment voids your chance at forgiveness). You're really going to ask teachers, social workers, etc to give MORE time to undo their student loans? At that point, they may as well get a second job.

Saw this in my FB feed. Interesting.

BREAKING: Look who is now in charge of PA, WI, MI, and GA 

Circuit Courts have been Reassigned

Effective November 20, 2020, ordered pursuant to Title 28, United States Code, Section 42

MI - Brett M. Kavanaugh
WI - Amy Coney Barrett
PA - Samuel A. Alito
GA - Clarence Thomas

• Sad 1
7 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Saw this in my FB feed. Interesting.

BREAKING: Look who is now in charge of PA, WI, MI, and GA 

Circuit Courts have been Reassigned

Effective November 20, 2020, ordered pursuant to Title 28, United States Code, Section 42

MI - Brett M. Kavanaugh
WI - Amy Coney Barrett
PA - Samuel A. Alito
GA - Clarence Thomas

Won’t matter. 3 of those have been certified. Nothing Trump does will overturn the election.

7 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Won’t matter. 3 of those have been certified. Nothing Trump does will overturn the election.

It's also pretty much impossible to imagine an emergency injunction related to POTUS election being issued without the matter being referred to the entire court.  It's not an issue for the election.