Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

8 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

2). Settle in for four+ years worth of white-hot, fiscally responsible “Liz is my queen” posts.  Fair warning...

That’s fine. You’ll still be a long, long ways away from “it’s ok to throw those votes out only because they voted for the other guy”

I just have to remember every time I want to flip out about the left’s drastic proposals that Trump existed as a president and for the most part the republicans fully embraced the idiocy. 

And by “I just have to remember” what I really mean is I thankfully have you guys to remind me constantly

2 hours ago, tshile said:

I’m struggling to come up with a series of events that would ever allow me to consider the Republican Party in an election, much less actually vote for them

Unless the Dems somehow go down a similar path, I don’t really see it happening. And even then I’m struggling to figure out why I would vote for a Republican in that case. 

they’ve lost a voter for life

(until the next time we get warren trying to push free college)

((haha I kid))

(((kind of)))

The reads very much like a letter written by Rudy. 

“trump didn’t make me delay I pinky promise”

Come join the INDEPENDENTS!

We will safeguard this country at some point in the future when everyone gets frustrated enough with going back and forth over issues that seem the same every year but yet the same people that are living off of government cheese while making lots of dough and then there is red stuff everywhere and it smells like pizza.....argh.....q’s pizzagate.

nevermind.

26 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I do caveat it with if the person was always a never-trumper like Kasich

as an individual at this time? Yes. 

but as a Republican? If he lets the exodus of trump be the end of his criticism and runs as a member of the ticket? Nah.  Doesnt get a pass from me. 

The problem of what we’ve seen over the last four years is bigger than trump being trump. It’s the number of people that sat by quietly knowing better but never being able to find their balls to do the right thing. 

they’re the florida sheriff sitting outside hiding around the counter while someone shoots up the children inside the school. 

they had a basic and fundamental responsibility to this country and they decided to take a pass on it for 4 years. 

I don’t know why I just ranted that. I know you agree (in some sense, one that matters) I guess the idea was that if the criticism of what happened here ends the day he’s gone then that’s inadequate to me. We’re owed more. We need to demand more. 

A legitimate Republican Party doesn’t exist until an honest autopsy on the years of 2008-2020 is done. By them. 

27 minutes ago, tshile said:

And by “I just have to remember” what I really mean is I thankfully have you guys to remind me constantly

Post your mailing address and we’ll send you a t-shirt with a suitable graphic for the days when you don’t visit the Tailgate.

18 minutes ago, tshile said:

as an individual at this time? Yes. 

but as a Republican? If he lets the exodus of trump be the end of his criticism and runs as a member of the ticket? Nah.  Doesnt get a pass from me. 

The problem of what we’ve seen over the last four years is bigger than trump being trump. It’s the number of people that sat by quietly knowing better but never being able to find their balls to do the right thing. 

they’re the florida sheriff sitting outside hiding around the counter while someone shoots up the children inside the school. 

they had a basic and fundamental responsibility to this country and they decided to take a pass on it for 4 years. 

I don’t know why I just ranted that. I know you agree (in some sense, one that matters) I guess the idea was that if the criticism of what happened here ends the day he’s gone then that’s inadequate to me. We’re owed more. We need to demand more. 

A legitimate Republican Party doesn’t exist unto an honest autopsy on the years of 2008-2020 is done. By them. 

There is an important place for conservative theory in American thought and practice. I don't think you find that in the republican party anymore. Trumpism began way before Trump. What has happened because of the echo chamber and the political shock jocks has led to something that needs to be excised. Unfortunately, it won't be. Republicans gained in the House and likely will keep the Senate and that means they don't have to learn their lesson. More Trump garnered 70 million votes. That means that the conservatives don't have to have a reckoning. It also very, very likely means they won't.

They will take the lessons of Trump and double down on many of them. What the country needs is a third party that blows up the Republican Party and replaces it. Likewise, but to a much lesser degree, it would be great for the country if the Dem party split into a centrist party and a Bernie/AOC party. Frankly, if we had five viable parties we'd be in a better place.

For now though, in my opinion, Republicanism needs to prove they are not the party of cages, cruelty, hate, and lies before any of us give them a shot. With that said, I still mostly do like Maryland's governor who is a Republican.

33 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

Post your mailing address and we’ll send you a t-shirt with a suitable graphic for the days when you don’t visit the Tailgate.

I would like this free tailgate political tshirt.  Do I just pay shipping and handling?  

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I’ll believe it when I see it.

And I’ll never forgive the last three+ weeks of bull****.  Never.

Forgiveness isn’t on the table right now, but a peaceful transition is good start.  

im still waiting for him to take questions so I can watch his reaction in slow motion when someone asks him if he’ll attend the inauguration.

I also want Kaitlan Collins (yes it must be her) to ask him, with a totally straight face “You said that you’d disappear if you lost to Biden, do you have a time frame you can share with us for that?”

57 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I swear if I hear one more of these people compare 2020 election to the 2000 election. 

the only thing similar is that both of them put national security at risk

3 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

That Hitler video is over used.

Trump will never concede but he can’t stop Joe on Jan. 20.

trump just told Biden to begin the transition... 

43 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

the only thing similar is that both of them put national security at risk

trump just told Biden to begin the transition... 

I know that but you will never get a formal concession from Trump’s mouth. He will not speak the words, “I concede this election.” He will spend the next 4 years saying, the election was stolen from him .

Him allowing the transition to begin, is accepting reality but he will never mouth those words.

Christina Bobb.... any relation to Baghdad Bob?  

What disheartens me is that I wouldn like to know how many GOP media personalities flipped against Trump between 1 January 2017 and today.  I don't believe Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, Mark Levin, et al. are anything but public frauds.  They either don't believe the BS, but sell it everyday.  Or are intellectually bankrupt.  

8 years of Levin's nasally, "Obamas DESTROYING THE CONSTITUTION!" and Trump isn't right now?

2 hours ago, TheDoyler23 said:

Oof, you don’t do your job for two plus weeks and then act like a goddamn martyr when you do. Nice. 

I got into one helluva long twitter argument with a truckload of Trump supporters basically stating the same thing lol...well, not directly, just kinda hinted at it. one guy told me that Emily Hudson "worked for the president," the GSA was part of the Executive Branch, and that I should "look it up". I corrected him and quoted the GSA website while doing so lol. We left off with him telling me Hudson was coerced by violent threats into allocating the limited funds to Biden... I corrected him by quoting Hudson's letter lol...no response (yet).

Another guy said the right doesn't threaten people. I responded with a link to the Georgia SoS saying he received death threats from Republican supporters. I got an explanation about the SoS working for the Liberals, so the death threat was ok...or something...hell, I dunno.

Long story short, I frustrated the ever-loving **** out of whoever decided to test me lol...I don't get bothered, ever, by online debates...each one of them absolutely did ( I mean, come on...you guys know me).

Secret Service members asked about protecting soon-to-be-former president Trump full time in Florida: Sources

As states begin to certify election results that seal a victory for President-elect Joe Biden, even though Donald Trump hasn't conceded there is one clear sign his post-presidency life is taking shape: Secret Service agents in the president's detail are being asked whether they're interested in transferring to Palm Beach, Florida, sources have told ABC News.

The Secret Service's Miami field office also has begun looking at physical reinforcements to Mar-a-Largo, the president's club to which he refers as "the winter White House," the sources added. These moves are considered unofficial as Trump has yet to concede to Biden.

Trump, a longtime New Yorker born in the borough of Queens, changed his residency to Florida last year and voted there in late October.

Click on the link for the full article

21 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

I got into one helluva long twitter argument with a truckload of Trump supporters basically stating the same thing lol...well, not directly, just kinda hinted at it. one guy told me that Emily Hudson "worked for the president," the GSA was part of the Executive Branch, and that I should "look it up". I corrected him and quoted the GSA website while doing so lol. We left off with him telling me Hudson was coerced by violent threats into allocating the limited funds to Biden... I corrected him by quoting Hudson's letter lol...no response (yet).

Another guy said the right doesn't threaten people. I responded with a link to the Georgia SoS saying he received death threats from Republican supporters. I got an explanation about the SoS working for the Liberals, so the death threat was ok...or something...hell, I dunno.

Long story short, I frustrated the ever-loving **** out of whoever decided to test me lol...I don't get bothered, ever, by online debates...each one of them absolutely did ( I mean, come on...you guys know me).

I'll Venmo you $$. Heroism ain't free.

Archived