Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

Message added by TK,

12 hours ago, hail2skins said:

Does anyone know what time Monday the certifications are supposed to take place in PA and MI? I thought I heard one of them was going to be at 1 pm, but didn't know if that was Eastern or Central time.

I thought I saw a tweet from George Conway indicating that Michigan at least was going to be fine even if there's a deadlock, and Pennsylvania seems like its a lock too, but for whatever reason I can see more chain-yanking occurring tomorrow that is just going to serve to raise the temperature higher pretty quickly. 

1pm today for Michigan 

35 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

She's refusing to show up, heard it on the news a couple hours ago.

This **** is why Biden can't ignore these crimes and "move on" for the good of the country.  Every Trump admin official feels empowred to ignore congressional calls to testify.  The administration needs to show that there are consequences for ignoring calls to testify, subpeonas, hatch act violations and every other crimy mccriming thing these idots feel like they can do. Otherwise what the hell is the point of laws if people in the highest offices can just ignore them. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 6
5 minutes ago, Isifhan said:

This **** is why Biden can't ignore these crimes and "move on" for the good of the country.  Every Trump admin official feels empowred to ignore congressional calls to testify.  The administration needs to show that there are consequences for ignoring calls to testify, subpeonas, hatch act violations and every other crimy mccriming thing these idots feel like they can do. Otherwise what the hell is the point of laws if people in the highest offices can just ignore them. 

100% agreed. People that can't be replaced immediately like the folks on the USPS board and people at the FCC need to be put in front of congress so their corruption can be fully exposed. 

• Like 5

POTUS doesn't really have any power to give teeth to Congressional subpoenas. But one of the FIRST things that the new Congress should do IMO is re-open the jail cell they used to have but which was shut down some time ago, and enact rules that allow them to send the Sergeant at Arms of the House to arrest and incarcerate people who refuse to comply with lawful Congressional subpoenas. 

This bull**** can't be allowed to stand. I don't give two flying ****s which party is in the WH.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
4 minutes ago, mistertim said:

As a public service, I'll provide an example of the kind of stuff that's going around on Breitbart (and is being believed)

yfuzygdSGjhZDTEbytoDXRjtaJk3aINEoFfGp-ejLJ_ZboXbVDZAoTOe_MD_h0CnQYyrwm-TqbAgIVSiOS7KG4w5HbS_WNbTvIkKjasoxidM-TmbbrPfgbXPgvon8LS1dY-sUyIw7S_zactqf-Kjk4uSZpqy9NbOWkgujPgk-L6SHvsJ_kAmzAyZDy5s6YkdeUbKeTzLYhmdvQ

You hear that President elect Biden?  You know what to do in 2024.  Thanks Breitbart!

• Haha 4
1 hour ago, spjunkies said:

100% agreed. People that can't be replaced immediately like the folks on the USPS board and people at the FCC need to be put in front of congress so their corruption can be fully exposed. 

Just pointing out . . . .

The reason why people like that can't just be replaced, is because the law was written that way intentionally. To make those bodies more resistant to changing administrations. 

Edited by Larry
37 minutes ago, mistertim said:

POTUS doesn't really have any power to give teeth to Congressional subpoenas. But one of the FIRST things that the new Congress should do IMO is re-open the jail cell they used to have but which was shut down some time ago, and enact rules that allow them to send the Sergeant at Arms of the House to arrest and incarcerate people who refuse to comply with lawful Congressional subpoenas. 

This bull**** can't be allowed to stand. I don't give two flying ****s which party is in the WH.

This law you're describing has to be signed by POTUS, to pass. 

Although a GOP-controlled Senate would likely be perfectly happy to pass a law that doesn't apply to the Trump admin, but would, to Biden.