Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

What I find hilarious is Republicans calling Biden winning fair and square a "coup".  Just listen to their rhetoric.  Ooh, it was the radical democrats who won due to a coup.  

No proof for that of course.

I guess the next time Republicans do a real coup (not this stupid stuff), they will claim that they prevented a coup.

3 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I tend to agree, I guarantee Alito, Thomas, & Kavanaugh are ready, willing, and able.  Not sure about the others, but I would be less than surprised if it ended up 5-4 (at least) in that direction.

The two I will guarantee are Alito and Thomas.  These two are the biggest political hacks out there.

2 minutes ago, redskins59 said:

What I find hilarious is Republicans calling Biden winning fair and square a "coup".  Just listen to their rhetoric.  Ooh, it was the radical democrats who won due to a coup.  

No proof for that of course.

Of for sure, in fact sometime in the last few weeks I even heard the idea that Biden winning should be considered a coup because of the media being unfair to Trump.  

If the state gop actually tried to steal the election; blood would be flowing on the streets. Many of those gop officials would be killed by the angry mob of voters.

This isn’t going to the Supremes.

If someone wants to kill themselves because Trump lost; then do it. The world would be a better a place without the cult members.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
13 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

That is a big problem, their entire idea of who the man happens to be is fraudulent from the beginning. And the entire "not a politician" thing is incredible stupid considering you stop being a "not politician" once you enter.....politics.  It's also why I thought the idea of him "draining the swamp" was idiotic as well because he was already the swamp himself, just the other part of the swamp in the private sector.   I think going into 2016 I had more confidence in the American people as a collective group to realize the sham of the person he pretended to be, but I should have known the lesson learned from 2000 when they tried to paint Dubya as some renegade cowboy when he was a private school northern elite.  They even bought a ranch and would trot him out in cowboy "gear" for effect.  I remember one video clip of him digging around in some dirt and he couldn't even really explain why he was doing it.   It's little things like that which I always assumed as a rational thinking person, regardless of political persuasion, that would tank someone's campaign due to the phoniness.  Turns out, it actually works on the masses.

I agree totally.  I'm just saying what they've been sold by their preferred 'news' outlets and right wing memes.

My aunt got mad at me when I told her that Trump is literally the most political president since I've been alive, perhaps in history.  That I had never seen a president play politics to the extent that he has.  She really didn't have any retort for that, just that we should stop talking about it before the conversation goes even further south.

16 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

I hear Susan Collins isn't just concerned... she's deeply concerned.

I’m sure she’s already sent a moderately stern letter.

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

Get a grip, guy.

I love that dude was all like “You and Tя☭mp are all we have left Rush.” I so wish I could remind him that Limbaugh has one foot on a banana peel and the other in the grave while Tя☭mp is headed for the big house. So yeah, you’ll soon have nothing.😀😀

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

At this point reaction to Trump's loss has surpassed the "lib tears" from 2016 when Hillary lost.  It's just so hilarious that all these fake tough guys and conservative cosplay women are melting down and in emotional denial when they have happily preached "Fu...your feelings" for the last 4 years. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4
23 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

I’m sure she’s already sent a moderately stern letter.

I love that dude was all like “You and Tя☭mp are all we have left Rush.” I so wish I could remind him that Limbaugh has one foot on a banana peel and the other in the grave while Tя☭mp is headed for the big house. So yeah, you’ll soon have nothing.😀😀

Dems or PACs or whoever would be wise to push ads pitting republicans against the maga cult. Run ads highlighting how the GOP senate and establishment hung trump out to dry. 

drive a massive wedge between them and try to crush their political power by splitting their votes 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 7
1 minute ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Dems or PACs or whoever would be wise to push ads pitting republicans against the maga cult. Run ads highlighting how the GOP senate and establishment hung trump out to dry. 

drive a massive wedge between them and try to crush their political power by splitting their votes 

I can see it now....

----------------------------

Commercial starts. Camera zooms into a bald eagle clutching an American flag in it's talons, while smoking a cigar and riding a Harley. James Wood's voice comes on softly, yet sternly: "Fox called Arizona for the Traitorcrats. Only assholes watch Fox now. You're not an asshole....are you?"

A opaque image of Tucker Carlson then appears as the bald eagle bursts into flames. He's laughing in slow motion.

Fade to black.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

i love how nancy pelosi has let it 'leak out' through multiple sources that she's lately been referring to trump as a 'psychopathic nut" in numerous meetings and on calls :806:

and obviously, like me, is laughing while imagining his reaction when he sees her quote, as i just did, on a chyron running across his screen throughout the day as he watches cable news :806: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
3 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

I can see it now....

----------------------------

Commercial starts. Camera zooms into a bald eagle clutching an American flag in it's talons, while smoking a cigar and riding a Harley. James Wood's voice comes on softly, yet sternly: "Fox called Arizona for the Traitorcrats. Only assholes watch Fox now. You're not an asshole....are you?"

A opaque image of Tucker Carlson then appears as the bald eagle bursts into flames. He's laughing in slow motion.

Fade to black.

youre hired

• Haha 2

While I totally understand the frustration - I really get worried seeing things like "There will be blood in the streets!"  And if they want to kill themselves let them!  I would be lying if i said I had not thought and even said those those things - or something similar - just maybe not quite a graphic and exact.  

But aren't we reaching territory of being just as bad as trump supporters? This has nothing to do with how pissed they may be - I could care less how mad they get when Joe is inaugurated. My thoughts are quite frankly **** them! They deserve it. 

But threatening physical violence no matter how much it could be justified just makes me feel like we are lowering ourselves to their level. And hell, maybe that's the only to make them understand. It may be Polly Anna of me but I have to believe there are other way we can come together. 

4 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

While I totally understand the frustration - I really get worried seeing things like "There will be blood in the streets!"  

I don't think it's being encouraged, I think it is more acknowledging what the possible reaction would be to an actual coup taking place before our very eyes.  This isn't a third world country where this is expected, or done in the dark of the night, right? This is all playing out during daylight, being covered and explained step by step, everyone can see it happening (attempted), Trump and his supporters aren't even shy or trying to hide their intentions.  When the 2000 election went down, there weren't riots and blood in the streets despite that coming to about as close to a "coup" as I have ever seen in an American election in my lifetime, but what Trump is attempting would be in an entire different orbit.   

I don't think literal "blood in the streets" is the goal or anything, but I think the pushback if Trump actually ever got close to pulling this off would be massive and it would not end peacefully or quietly. 

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

While I totally understand the frustration - I really get worried seeing things like "There will be blood in the streets!"  And if they want to kill themselves let them!  I would be lying if i said I had not thought and even said those those things - or something similar - just maybe not quite a graphic and exact.  

But aren't we reaching territory of being just as bad as trump supporters? This has nothing to do with how pissed they may be - I could care less how mad they get when Joe is inaugurated. My thoughts are quite frankly **** them! They deserve it. 

But threatening physical violence no matter how much it could be justified just makes me feel like we are lowering ourselves to their level. And hell, maybe that's the only to make them understand. It may be Polly Anna of me but I have to believe there are other way we can come together. 

I haven't wished anything bad physically on the GOP.  But I will say, with how some of them have treated this pandemic, I'm ready for one or more of them to start dropping (to COVID).   Especially when you look at how the deaths of McCain, Lewis and RBG over Trump's tenure have lead to where we are now.  True fighters for democracy and what's right.  It's gotta even out at some point.  Man I wish McCain was still alive during the impeachment hearings.   

Edited by drowland
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, goskins10 said:

That's a great philosophical question you have here goskins.

One that I often ask myself.

Answer is that I have to be better, even if that's definately not the easiest way.

But as better as you can be, it also will probably never stops the other guys from acting like assholes. So this will require time and lots of education.

Clearly, those guys are ignorant. How do you combat them? Through education, and taking them out of their own misery. So you've got to reach out for the kids. But those are hopeless.

And everyone of those politicians and Trump as well as to be treated in the Nuremberg style. This will probably fuel their base for some time but it'll also quickly dies if Government acts accordingly.

What Republicans fail to understand here, is that the first duty of a government is to protect its citizens. If he cannot do that, he's useless. People has voted, so they have to ride with it.

Now It's up to Biden to rise above the melee and starts calling them out. Election was held. People voted, Results are certified, justice is punting Trump through Mars. Now that's to stop. Or every one else will have to face consequences on 1/21/21 through justice.

Then Joe will have to work on the Constitution so that this cannot happen again.

If he's playing it nice and kindly like it never happen... Then, well... You guys lost, because you don't fight dictatorship with flowers and love letters. At some point, you have to show where the true force is.

Being better doesn't mean you have to play it nice and gentle as well. As better as you can be, sometimes, the best answer is a slap in the face.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is the answer I sent to Congressman Don Beyer when he sent an email urging unity and healing.

Yes, the nation needs healing. It also needs to see that we prosecute EVERYONE who breaks laws, particularly in our governing class. Actually, the governing class needs to be more vigorously prosecuted with stringent penalties to make people understand that there are not two rules of law, only one. It was a mistake pardoning Nixon, which gave rise to the current state of corruption we are now witnessing. Please do all you can to see that corruption doesn't pay. Thank you.

Show more

• Like 11
2 hours ago, goskins10 said:

There was no threat meant in my comment .

If the gop state legislators actually went along with the Trump scheme and gave Trump their electors; what do think will happen? That would be an explosive tinderbox that go off. People won’t let that happen and sadly violence will happen and yes those gop legislators would be in danger.  

As for Trump voter wanting to die since Trump lost; sorry if he’s that unstable, the world doesn’t need him. It’s sad when someone feels that and I’ll admit I’ve been on the edge a couple of times, during bad times in my life.

I just don’t feel anything for someone who feels that because a politician they favor lost. Yes, we gave 73 million+ people in a cult.

11 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

There was no threat meant in my comment .

If the gop state legislators actually went along with the Trump scheme and gave Trump their electors; what do think will happen? That would be an explosive tinderbox that go off. People won’t let that happen and sadly violence will happen and yes those gop legislators would be in danger.  

As for Trump voter wanting to die since Trump lost; sorry if he’s that unstable, the world doesn’t need him. It’s sad when someone feels that and I’ll admit I’ve been on the edge a couple of times, during bad times in my life.

I just don’t feel anything for someone who feels that because a politician they favor lost. Yes, we gave 73 million+ people in a cult.

I did not quote you on purpose and i said at the beginning I get the frustration. And i said I had said some things myself. So I tried real hard to keep anyone from taking it personal. Nothing was meant to be a reflection on you or anyone in particular. Just pondering some thoughts. It was meant as more a reflective comment for everyone.

I have been so frustrated with this administration and still am, I totally get where people are coming from. So for myself, I worry about getting caught up in their frenzy and responding in a way i will regret. We are supposed to be better. I know so far that had gotten us kicked in the teeth. I myself said some pages back - **** the trump supporters. And honestly i still feel that way but with a little more guilt. I just hate what we are becoming. Hoping we can do and get better.