Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

Topic will be automatically locked at 05:00 PM

39 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

There's a whole bunch of people digging up old videos of Tucker Carlson debunking 9/11 "inside job" conspiracy theories, as if that makes him look bad. But then I realized that all 9/11 truthers are now GOP voters.

That they are simping for the party, which would have orchestrated 9/11 if it were an inside job, is lost upon them it looks like.

They’ve become the party of conspiracy theories and we’ve grown desensitized to it.  That Rudy press conference yesterday left Geraldo on fox exclaiming “why not elvis” in response to it.  Hugo Chavez’s vast international plot to switch votes via international servers that were captured... but maybe by “bad guys”.  These were lawyers for the president saying this.

We should write an original conspiracy theory here and then seed it around the Internet.  

“Why did the Redskins really change their name?  Consider the timing....”

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On James Woods...

About 7-8 years ago before it was ever really brought to my attention how insane he was, my wife then fiance and I went on a trip to AC at the Borgata.  I played poker with him after his big mixed game couldn't get going.  He was the 'life' of the game.  No political talk, just actually a funny dude.   The next evening he saw my wife and I in Bobby Flay's restaurant and sent us dessert and ****tails, because I let him bum a cigarette the evening before (this was back when I still smoked).

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 4
30 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I'm just waiting for the moment when he pisses himself on national television.  You know it's coming.

I feel like there's probably a very good chance that Rudy wears Depends. So he probably already has.

EDIT: Dammit. Beaten to the punch by @China

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
10 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

On James Woods...

About 7-8 years ago before it was ever really brought to my attention how insane he was, my wife then fiance and I went on a trip to AC at the Borgata.  I played poker with him after his big mixed game couldn't get going.  He was the 'life' of the game.  No political talk, just actually a funny dude.   The next evening he saw my wife and I in Bobby Flay's restaurant and sent us dessert and ****tails, because I let him bum a cigarette the evening before (this was back when I still smoked).

That is a heartwarming story and I'd still like to fart right in his face. 

• Haha 4
3 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

That is a heartwarming story and I'd still like to fart right in his face. 

I mean clearly he’s a loon but I didn’t know that at the time and we actually thought it was really cool.  Then a few years later, I started seeing all his crazy tweets and my wife wouldn’t believe me, and made me show her the depths of his crazy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

re: That caller on Rush.  A big problem with these people's psyche is that they have somehow pushed it out of the realm of possibility that Trump could ever lose.  In 2016, despite Hillary being heavily favored by most polls, there were a lot of Democrats feeling nervous about the election, and when she lost & ultimately conceded, I saw a lot of disbelief about the loss, some self-reflection, but not straight up denial that it happened.  These Trump supporters are acting as if it is he could not have lost because they personally love him so much.  It is just weird and bizarre.  The guy was always polling at record level disapproval numbers even in Fox News polls.  I just don't understand the heads of these people. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
45 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I mean clearly he’s a loon but I didn’t know that at the time and we actually thought it was really cool.  Then a few years later, I started seeing all his crazy tweets and my wife wouldn’t believe me, and made me show her the depths of his crazy.

Yeah it's kinda disheartening when someone who seems so cool turns out to be a total loon when it comes to something like politics (especially if it's a celebrity who tend to often be sorta dicks many times).

I've seen it a bunch in my personal life as well. I've been around Trump supporters who are super cool, laid back, helpful people. But as soon as it turns to politics they basically become a completely different person with the flick of a switch.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 3
5 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yeah it's kinda disheartening when someone who seems so cool turns out to be a total loon when it comes to something like politics (especially if it's a celebrity who tend to be often be sorta dicks many times).

I've seen it a bunch in my personal life as well. I've been around Trump supporters who are super cool, laid back, helpful people. But as soon as it turns to politics they basically become a completely different person with the flick of a switch.

No doubt.

There is an entire stretch of road in my neighborhood donning Trump flags.  Some of them were surprising to me as I would have never thought them to be Trumpers.  Just really nice people that volunteer quite a bit.  Very easy to get along with. To be fair, I definitely never thought they were 'liberal' but I didn't expect them to like Trump enough to purchase a flag and wave it proudly for everyone to see.

In fact, the more I think about it, a lot of people tend to be really cool until they start telling you about their politics and religion.

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

re: That caller on Rush.  A big problem with these people's psyche is that they have somehow pushed it out of the realm of possibility that Trump could ever lose.  In 2016, despite Hillary being heavily favored by most polls, there were a lot of Democrats feeling nervous about the election, and when she lost & ultimately conceded, I saw a lot of disbelief about the loss, some self-reflection, but not straight up denial that it happened.  These Trump supporters are acting as if it is he could not have lost because they personally love him so much.  It is just weird and bizarre.  The guy was always polling at record level disapproval numbers even in Fox News polls.  I just don't understand the heads of these people. 

This is why I started calling them a cult a while back.  Their behavior doesn’t mirror politics as usual in the US, it’s very cult like.  They’re not frightened or programmed into loyalty like party loyalists born under authoritarian regimes either.  They very much love Trump and see him as some kind of savior.  What he says is truth, anything opposed is a lie, and everything he does must be with the best intentions. 

Much like with other cultists encountering one of these people gives you the creeps.  You immediately recognize you’re dealing with something bizarre and far outside the norm.

• Like 2

What they love about Trump is that he's not a politician.  They believe he's both insanely rich and super smart because he's rich.  They believe he can't be bought 'like all the other politicians'.  They like that he talks tough, they see him like the Red Foreman of politics.  They are willing to overlook the crazy/nasty things he says just like they do their drunk uncle at family gatherings.  They see him as the tough guy that gets things done no matter what.

Which to be fair is a lot of what they were sold in the first place and considering where they get their 'news' from, they've been told that he's doing all that the entire time he's been in office.

• Like 1

Trump's coup attempt won't work because he lost by too much but I could certainly see some of these plots working in the future in a closer election and by people who actually know how to go about strategizing and where to attack where the system might be vulnerable as opposed to Trump's people who have zero standing and are just talking nonsense out loud.  I mean let's be serious Florida in 2000 was pretty much already the Supreme Court deciding to stop the recount because of the chance it could show Gore as the winner.  

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Trump's coup attempt won't work because he lost by too much but I could certainly see some of these plots working in the future in a closer election and by people who actually know how to go about strategizing and where to attack where the system might be vulnerable as opposed to Trump's people who have zero standing and are just talking nonsense out loud.  I mean let's be serious Florida in 2000 was pretty much already the Supreme Court deciding to stop the recount because of the chance it could show Gore as the winner.  

I don't know about a coup, but if it's close, the supreme court will steal the election and vote in favor of the Republican candidate.

13 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

What they love about Trump is that he's not a politician.  They believe he's both insanely rich and super smart because he's rich. 

That is a big problem, their entire idea of who the man happens to be is fraudulent from the beginning. And the entire "not a politician" thing is incredible stupid considering you stop being a "not politician" once you enter.....politics.  It's also why I thought the idea of him "draining the swamp" was idiotic as well because he was already the swamp himself, just the other part of the swamp in the private sector.   I think going into 2016 I had more confidence in the American people as a collective group to realize the sham of the person he pretended to be, but I should have known the lesson learned from 2000 when they tried to paint Dubya as some renegade cowboy when he was a private school northern elite.  They even bought a ranch and would trot him out in cowboy "gear" for effect.  I remember one video clip of him digging around in some dirt and he couldn't even really explain why he was doing it.   It's little things like that which I always assumed as a rational thinking person, regardless of political persuasion, that would tank someone's campaign due to the phoniness.  Turns out, it actually works on the masses.

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 2
Just now, redskins59 said:

I don't know about a coup, but if it's close, the supreme court will steal the election and vote in favor of the Republican candidate.

I tend to agree, I guarantee Alito, Thomas, & Kavanaugh are ready, willing, and able.  Not sure about the others, but I would be less than surprised if it ended up 5-4 (at least) in that direction.