Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread


Message added by TK,

 

Recommended Posts

46 minutes ago, bearrock said:

 

My two cents is that short of an actual insurrection, no.

 

By in large, if there is gonna be a muffled transition, Biden camp is just the president elect team to handle it.  President elect and VP elect are as experienced as they come in Washington, senior advisers are old hands in Washington, many of them with recent Obama admin experience.

 

 

 

Totally agree with everything above - just want to highlight the bolded.

 

Several months ago while "hiding" in his basement, he, along with his team were assembling his State Department. He was preparing for this eventuality. You have to assume he has done the same for other departments. There are reason to not like politicians, any politicians (I agree with @KDawg which BTW glad to see you over here!), but the people behind the politicians that actually get things done are vital.

 

Biden and his team have been around long enough to know who will get things done and navigate the trump administration to the point where their ignorance and meddling with be almost fully negated. 

 

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, michiskin said:

 

I believe that's their plan. Muck things enough enough before the electors vote so the Republican-controlled states can put on airs about correcting the "fraud" and sending their guys to vote for Trump.

 

If they do that, the blood will flow like rivers in the streets.

I think this is an accurate representation of where we are. Does anyone have the wherewithal to stand up? If not, our nation is in serious trouble because, I agree blood will flow like rivers in our streets. The nation is at stake, leaders must end this and end it now.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, DCranon21 said:

 

So I want to ask my conservative friends who aren't radicalized by Trumpism is what do you do? 

 

For this election, I went almost straight Dem.  Any candidate that supported Trump was an automatic no for me.  I voted for one Republican at the local level because I couldn't find anything about him supporting him and the Dem had zero policy proposals that I could find.

Going forward, I don't know what I will do.  Someone who supported Trump will still be a no but I will probably rely more on their policy ideas.  If I don't like them, I'll probably go back to 3rd party/write in votes.  I think Dems lucked out this cycle because of the anti-trump vote.  Going forward, I think Dems will see the country isn't as left as they think it is and they will lose more elections.

 

I know this theory isn't popular here though.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

 

Only three justices are Trump appointees.  Three others were Obama and Clinton appointees (Breyer, Kagan, Sotomayer) and the three others (Thomas, Alito, Roberts) were appointed by Bush Sr. and Bush Jr., who hate Trump.   I'm not even really sure that the three Trump appointees would even rule in his favor.

 

I don't think there's much to worry about.  Its likely the SC simply concurs with a lower court without even hearing the case.

 

Make no mistake, Thomas and Alito will 100% find a way to rule in favor of Trump.  

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PleaseBlitz said:

 

Make no mistake, Thomas and Alito will 100% find a way to rule in favor of Trump.  

Thomas and Alito are political hacks posing as Supreme Courts justices. Have doubts? Just do a little investigating about Thomas' wife. It's gross.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump is going to do what he's going to do.

 

Joe can handle it, even with Trump making the transition difficult.

 

WE just have to pray there is no blood that get shed or Trump damages national security so much that there's some major attack on the U.S, before Biden can take over.   If that happens; Trump should be tried for treason and then suffer the ultimate fate and we all know what the ultimate fate for treason is.   If people die because Trump's B.S. these next 2 month; then he must pay for that.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

 

Only three justices are Trump appointees.  Three others were Obama and Clinton appointees (Breyer, Kagan, Sotomayer) and the three others (Thomas, Alito, Roberts) were appointed by Bush Sr. and Bush Jr., who hate Trump.   I'm not even really sure that the three Trump appointees would even rule in his favor.

 

I don't think there's much to worry about.  Its likely the SC simply concurs with a lower court without even hearing the case.

 

I don't think the Bush's like Trump, but I'm not sure that matters to Thomas, Alito, and Roberts (and really, I'd put Roberts in a different category).  But the 3 of them with 2 of Trump appointees have handed the Trump administration a number of Supreme Court victories (ending the census, deporting people without a hearing with a judge, etc.) and there would have been more if Roberts decided with them more often, and now they don't even need Roberts

 

I'm not saying it is a likely out come, but can I imagine the three Trump appointees, Thomas, and Alito giving Trump election related victories in the Supreme Court that create more chaos over the election?  Yes, I can.

 

**EDIT**

I wouldn't be surprised if these things go against Trump if it is 5-4 with Gorsuch voting with the majority and Alito and Thomas voting with the other Trump nominees.

Edited by PeterMP
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Isifhan said:

Assuming you mean besides all the Covid related deaths....

I'm not talking about Covid.

 

I'm talking about physical violence in the streets leading to deaths.  I am talking about Donald ****ing up national security in the last 2 months; there is another 9/11 style attack killing many Americans.    Those things happening; he needs to pay for that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

 Christians didn't act like this over Romney, McCain or Bush.  We don't get the cult worship of such a con-man as Trump, especially by Christians.  It's scary... 


actually, they did with Bush and his run up to war against Islamic states.

 

McCain and Romney weren’t viewed favorably with the evangelical community.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

"Both sides do it" is what has allowed Trump to act like Trump and get away with it.  It is what has given cover to the GOP Senators and House members that placate him and abandon all the bad things they had to say about him before he was the nominee, knowing full well the clear & present danger he presented if given the keys to the car. 

 

Even most of the liberals on this board have a healthy skepticism of "government" in the abstract sense of questioning power structures, authority, and big-monied interests in general, and rightfully so.  That is not the same as saying things like "Biden & Trump are the same"  What you are seeing from Trump and his minions isn't a "healthy mistrust of gov't" it is the opinion that the law and gov't is there to serve themselves and to use against anyone who disagrees or stands in the way of Trump enriching himself and his family. 

 

When it comes to the Hunter Biden stuff specifically, most everyone acknowledges that the dude has a lot of personal demons and got his gov't position because his last name is Biden and he likely looked for ways to parlay that into financial gain. If Fox News had left it at THAT, I don't think there would be much disagreement from liberals. The problem is they couldn't leave it at that, because if that was all they accused him of then the it could be easily pointed out how many of their own children, spouses, and family members have been appointed to boards, gov't roles, various positions on cabinets, they weren't qualified to hold, for the same reason, nepotism.   

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheMalcolmConnection said:

My wife and I aren't as informed as many of you, so please reassure us, there's nothing he can do right?

 

Listen to the advise above. But, if there is one more thing that might help in easing your mind, take solace in the fact that they've lost somewhere around 10 court hearings already. Please don't quote me on the specific number, but it's somewhere around there.

 

But, they are trying to take over this country. It's really friggin scary. I've never been afraid of something like this. It's been said that people would try, but it was all just noise. This is not noise and they are going to give it their best effort.

 

I say, for now, just follow the actual facts and not listen to the Trump dinguses. Follow some NPR, AP, Reuters, PBS, or others that seem to be less opinionated. The more opinions you take in, the crazier the situation is and the scarier it seems.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I think Dems lucked out this cycle because of the anti-trump vote.  Going forward, I think Dems will see the country isn't as left as they think it is and they will lose more elections.

 

I know this theory isn't popular here though.

 

I'll even go a step further.  Does anybody actually believe that Trump doesn't win this election if it isn't for the pandemic (and his inept handling of it)?

 

Edited by PeterMP
Link to post
Share on other sites

Rest assured that if Trump is the President past January 20th 2021 then we have likely seen the end of elections actually mattering in America.  I have heard this same story over and over that "those close to Trump have been advising him to..." yet he decides to do the stark opposite thing, then those close to him magically get on board with what he wants to do and start parroting the message and actions.  

 

Right now there are two mindsets regarding Trump's refusal to concede.  He is either trying to bilk his supporters for as much money as he can under the false guise of "stop the steal fund" before leaving office in a couple months or he is actually going full force in refusing to accept the results of an election and like every other norm we thought was intact, he will test just how solid the foundations of our institutions are in preventing this kind of thing from happening really are. 

 

The strategy is pretty obvious, his legal team is going to scour all the close states for any instance of anything "irregular."  They will never find any evidence that is enough to suggest it would actually effect the outcome, but that isn't really their goal.  All they want is a small handful of instances that they can bring in front of the courts because they will keep appealing upwards until getting to the Supreme Court where they have the 6-3 advantage, not to mention the fact that it sounds like Kavanaugh, Alito, & Thomas are ready to rubber stamp any grievance Trump's team claims to have without even hearing it at all. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I agree with everything @bearrock said above.

 

I'd also add that all of the cases I've seen Team Trump bring have basically been laughed out of court because they don't have any actual evidence of the election not going by the book.  If some actual evidence emerged, then maybe things would change but right now it's just Trump's monkeys throwing their **** against the wall.  To bearrock's point, this is probably less about the outcome actually being changed and more about Trump (and therefore his followers) having a grievance, which is the lifeblood of his movement.

 

This whole charade allows Trump to show he is a fighter not a loser, at least in his mind and thus with his cult members.  And this allows them to try to carry the "Dems cheated" canard right through Biden's administration as justification for all the obstructionism to come.  And, in the short term, it allows the Trump campaign to send out a barrage of solicitations to "fund the fight against fraud." That fundraising is going on now on a massive scale... and buried right in the text of those solicitation letters is an admission that 60 percent of what they rake in goes toward paying down the campaign's massive debt.  But plenty of suckers will write checks.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

 

I'll even go a step further.  Does anybody actually believe that Trump doesn't win this election if it isn't for the pandemic (and his inept handling of it)?

 


I look at it like this.  COVID was the Hail Mary that would have absolutely insured his victory if he rose to the moment and showed even a minimal amount of “presidential” substance/leadership.  Literally, any other incumbent ever would’ve seized the moment and closed the show...regardless of how many cases/deaths piled up.

 

Trump botched so badly it almost defies belief.

  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Rest assured that if Trump is the President past January 20th 2021 then we have likely seen the end of elections actually mattering in America.  I have heard this same story over and over that "those close to Trump have been advising him to..." yet he decides to do the stark opposite thing, then those close to him magically get on board with what he wants to do and start parroting the message and actions.  

 

Right now there are two mindsets regarding Trump's refusal to concede.  He is either trying to bilk his supporters for as much money as he can under the false guise of "stop the steal fund" before leaving office in a couple months or he is actually going full force in refusing to accept the results of an election and like every other norm we thought was intact, he will test just how solid the foundations of our institutions are in preventing this kind of thing from happening really are. 

 

The strategy is pretty obvious, his legal team is going to scour all the close states for any instance of anything "irregular."  They will never find any evidence that is enough to suggest it would actually effect the outcome, but that isn't really their goal.  All they want is a small handful of instances that they can bring in front of the courts because they will keep appealing upwards until getting to the Supreme Court where they have the 6-3 advantage, not to mention the fact that it sounds like Kavanaugh, Alito, & Thomas are ready to rubber stamp any grievance Trump's team claims to have without even hearing it at all. 

 

I'll point out it certainly can be both.  It can be, let's do what we can to make as much money, but also lets throw things at the courts to see if we can get some decisions that go our way and let us stay in power.

 

I don't see it as an either or case.

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

 

 

We can't figure out why Trump is worth going to these lengths over for Christians.  They act like no other President has been as pro-life.  Trump proclaims, "I am the most pro-life President" and people somehow take it and believe it at face value.  Christians didn't act like this over Romney, McCain or Bush.  We don't get the cult worship of such a con-man as Trump, especially by Christians.  It's scary... 

 

 

 

It's got nothing to do with Trump himself, IMO.  You could plug in anyone and as long as they have an R next to their name, they'd get their support.  

 

IMO, I think they believe in socialism/Marxism coming in from the left and with that an attack on religion or religion becoming irrelevant.  They don't give a **** about Trump and who he really is as a person, they know that as a Republican he'll cater to their beliefs because they're his base.  It's about staying relevant and power, IMO.  They see themselves becoming less and less relevant in society today and they think if a Republican stays in power, they'll have a seat at the table.  

 

Christians didn't act like this over Romney, McCain or Bush, but they were just as invested.  Add Trump, who amplifies everything, and their voices suddenly become amplified, too.  Much like the KKK and white supremacists have been emboldened over the last 4 years, the hardcore Christians think they can puff their chests out a bit more, too.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

  Going forward, I think Dems will see the country isn't as left as they think it is and they will lose more elections.

 

I know this theory isn't popular here though.

 

I am going to disagree based on polling (I know, I know....polling, ugh) when it comes to the actual issues themselves.  Progressive leaning policies almost across the board seem to be popular or at least in the majority of what people want, but messaging and campaigning for Democrats remain to be a problem.  It seems like all Republicans ever have to do is throw out the word "socialism" or "un-American" and it is a poison pill to 75% of what Democrats want to do legislatively.  Some voters are so much more caught up on what makes them appear to be a liberal or conservative that it almost becomes a cosplay at a certain point and it supersedes the actual policy issues.   

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

 

I am going to disagree based on polling (I know, I know....polling, ugh) when it comes to the actual issues themselves.  Progressive leaning policies almost across the board seem to be popular or at least in the majority of what people want, but messaging and campaigning for Democrats remain to be a problem.  It seems like all Republicans ever have to do is throw out the word "socialism" or "un-American" and it is a poison pill to 75% of what Democrats want to do legislatively.  Some voters are so much more caught up on what makes them appear to be a liberal or conservative that it almost becomes a cosplay at a certain point and it supersedes the actual policy issues.   


But if you go carrying pictures of Chairman Mao, you ain’t gonna make it with anyone anyhow...

 

See also, “defund the police”.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

You know...

we’ve watched other countries refuse a dictatorship. 
 

I am somewhat curious how we would compare. 
 

like, would we do it better? Or worse?

 

what % of our population wound take the attitude of “meh I just work here”?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...