Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

4 minutes ago, Larry said:

Funny.  The two places I see it the most often is:  

1)  The front doors of businesses.  Usually alongside the red-stripe version.  

2)  The rear windows or license plates of cars, placed in "Please don't write me a ticket, officer" position.  

That's how I have always have seen it, but like others have noted, they've started flying it at Trump rallies so I'm getting the impression it's been co-opted by the alt-right morons

https://projects.propublica.org/represent/states

This might be helpful  (not certain if it is up to date though)

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/27/pelosi-mobilizes-democrats-house-decision-on-presidency-422359

Under that scenario, which hasn’t happened since 1876, every state’s delegation gets a single vote. Who receives that vote is determined by an internal tally of each lawmaker in the delegation. This means the presidency may not be decided by the party that controls the House itself but by the one that controls more state delegations in the chamber. And right now, Republicans control 26 delegations to Democrats’ 22, with Pennsylvania tied and Michigan a 7-6 plurality for Democrats, with a 14th seat held by independent Justin Amash. 

Amash will likely be replaced with a Republican though, since it will be up to the incoming house delegations.

Edited by visionary

The blue flag began heavy use in direct response to BLM. Where the confederate flag can't be flown, such as military installations, the blue flag is used. It is a bullhorn instead of a dogwhistle. The flags are synonomous.

• Like 5
5 hours ago, TheDoyler23 said:

Anyone think that Trump’s people know he’s going to lose the EC by 135+ and so they’re just sending him to rally after rally as a nice shiny object to keep him distracted? 

No. Joe isn’t winning with that big of a margin.

Didn't check the last page, but are you all talking about the Thin Blue Line/aka "Blue Lives Matter" Flag? 

510BSUuUeLL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

See a ton of those around here (two neighbors have it). Also practically lines the residences of rt 124 outside of my neighborhood and several establishments that (partneredwith police) fly, it, near or at very multicultural areas in neighboring towns.

Yeah, no dog whistle here. More like the horn of Helms Deep 

• Like 3
10 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

I cannot support actions like this.  You voted to nominate the greater of evils to hurt people on the other side of the political spectrum from you to make sure they didn't have anybody they could feel good about voting for so your candidate would look like the lesser of two evils.  You should be called out on acting in bad faith.

Meh. We all vote the way our conscience tells us to. Georgia is an open primary state so it’s well within my rights to do so. If the Grand Oligarch’s Party hadn’t been suppressing votes in myriad ways for the last few decades, I wouldn’t have felt the need to resort to doing that. 

3 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

The thin blue line flag is the 'anti-black people flag' now.

FTFY

1 hour ago, Larry said:

But to my understanding, the flag is designed as more of "Pro-cop" than "Anti-BLM".  And I don't think those are the same thing.  

Your understanding is wrong and naive. It’s sort of like saying they’re not for slavery but they support the overseers.🙄 FWIW, when I used to work in rural Georgia a lot, I would save my road travel trash to throw at the lawns of every house I saw with that or the confederate hate flag out front. I never had enough trash in my car to go around, but it is what it is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Remember 4 years ago when Trump’s pee tape conspiracy made the rounds? And the “mainstream media” range with it and gave it massive amounts of credence just like FoxNews is doing with the Biden laptop?

Yeah? Me neither...

• Like 1
6 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Just wondering if the unforgivable sin that Trump committed, is losing. 

Would the paper be doing this, if Trump was winning?

I had a dream that we are seeing a "Biden Break" with voters.  This guy is trying to be an American dictator.  Media is fake news.  Let's ignore and deny COVID -- twice they are covering up outbreaks.  Walking out on 60 Mins backfires.  

I forgot his new Civil Service proposal to permanently make it partisan and gut CS protections. The worst part is he has finally surrounded himself with "yes men" who will implement all these bad policies. I mean the GOP always was, but I hope all these losers in his cabinet pay a price when he is gone.

• Thanks 2
53 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

I had a dream that we are seeing a "Biden Break" with voters.  This guy is trying to be an American dictator.  Media is fake news.  Let's ignore and deny COVID -- twice they are covering up outbreaks.  Walking out on 60 Mins backfires.  

I forgot his new Civil Service proposal to permanently make it partisan and gut CS protections. The worst part is he has finally surrounded himself with "yes men" who will implement all these bad policies. I mean the GOP always was, but I hope all these losers in his cabinet pay a price when he is gone.

Can you imagine a semi normal daily or weekly press conference that isn't 100% lies? I don't even remember what that's like and I'm not even suggesting that Dems are always fully transparent  

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Fergasun said:

Many of the participants in the "Brooks Brothers Riot" during the 2000 election later listed their participation on their resumes.  

Bill Barr was chosen to be AG, and unanimously confirmed by Senate R's, not despite the fact that he was famous for abusing the DOJ to try to cover up Iran-Contra, or for opining that Nixon should never have turned over the tapes, but because of it.  

Participating in the GOP's assault on morality will not be a disqualifier.  It will be a qualification.  

10 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Yep I've said for years now that we've been suffering through the dumbification of America for quite some time. The election of Trump is/was the apex of that.

You're too optimistic.  

Edited by Larry
  • Like 2
  • Rdskns2000 changed the title to Presidential Election: 11/3/20- Joe Biden WILL BEAT Donald Trump. Yes he will, U-watch. Friday or Saturday, Joe will win!
  • Jumbo changed the title to Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread