Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

Voting Done. 

My wife surprised me and voted JB.... even though she went GOP for the House and State seats.

Vote by mail CA and our family went to the 24 hour drop box. 

I am sleeping on the couch because I wanted to vote for allowing weed to be grown in our county.  We do know someone whose family is dealing with weed problem.  I am way more libertarian than my wife.  

49 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

Voting Done. 

My wife surprised me and voted JB.... even though she went GOP for the House and State seats.

Vote by mail CA and our family went to the 24 hour drop box. 

I am sleeping on the couch because I wanted to vote for allowing weed to be grown in our county.  We do know someone whose family is dealing with weed problem.  I am way more libertarian than my wife.  

Weed problem is an urban myth like the female orgasm 

6 hours ago, Destino said:

Yes we should be looking at what the world is doing, but we should also note that natural resources are not equally distributed.  

Well, except for the Sun :silly:

But I agree. I think the energy puzzle is one in which all sources play a role in a certain measure. It would be amazing if one day there was no need for dirty energy. I don't think we're there yet. However, we can be further along then we are and we ought to be moving in that direction. After all, the nation that leads technologically is today's super power. Innovation leads to strength and security. So, even outside of health and environment, it's worth heavily investing in alternative energy.

6 hours ago, Destino said:

Yes we should be looking at what the world is doing, but we should also note that natural resources are not equally distributed.  It’s going to be a hard sell to the electorate that good paying energy jobs should vanish because of what nations without comparable resources are doing.  

Renewable is the future, that’s clear, so the US should invest heavily in it.  That doesn’t mean shutting down the oil fields is going to be popular right now though.  Especially not in a badly damaged economy when people are scared enough.

On the resource distribution, dont think it is all geothermal that Iceland is using. Their method for taking the oil out of the ground and capturing the gas is light years ahead of ours in terms of pollution. We are burning our oqn house down and not caring whether we take other's houses with ours.

Listening to an interview this morning has me concerned. 

my assumption was that majority of the newly registered voters (over a million in SC alone since 2016) would be D’s. But what she was explaining is that in March both party’s shut down their voter registration systems. R’s quickly resumed and have been at it ever since. D’s never started it back up. 

that’s the first seemingly credibly analysis I’ve heard that has me concerned. 

I think my confidence in the situation is driven by my experience where Iive. We’ll see. 

Here's the thing, the oil industry will continue and remain an important economic asset. Just taking it and burning it is dying out, even that mindset is 19th century, but there are a host of useful products that flow from it. You'll need lubricants forever, you'll need better ones. You'll still be using plastics, you'll need better ones. It just cannot continue being the Mr. Creosote around the world without ever picking up the check.

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Well, after last night... I’m pretty sure we are ****ed. Biden is a good man, I like him a lot, and I think he’d make an excellent president.

Just too many stupid, gullible people in the country. Trump’s going to win and all those idiots are going to gloat.

i think you're preparing yourself for disappointment.  

I still feel confident that Biden will win and it won't be close.  That doesn't mean there won't be hijinks on the Trump side.

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I admire the optimism from many of you, but this thing is still way too close for me to feel any level of comfort whatsoever.  Perhaps it's being surrounded by Trump crap everywhere that plays on my psyche, but I just can't kick this feeling that he's going to once again lose the popular vote and win the EC.

His support with seniors and women is in the toilet, that is going to be what ultimately does him in.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Looks like Megyn Kelly has punched a ticket on the Trump Train. These people are so stupid

I just do not get how people like her who have been brutalized by him turn around and support him. I mean WTF!!  Very disappointed. I disagreed with most of her politics but I thought she at least had a brain of her own.

Just another Ted Cruz, Lindsay Graham suck up. 

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I admire the optimism from many of you, but this thing is still way too close for me to feel any level of comfort whatsoever.  Perhaps it's being surrounded by Trump crap everywhere that plays on my psyche, but I just can't kick this feeling that he's going to once again lose the popular vote and win the EC.

Unless we get majorly screwed with, I thinkbits largely over.

But... I can easily see the plug being pulled . Overheard a conversation with Jim Woolsey 8 years ago (my Dad did a lot of Black Project stuff in the Air Force, and was invited to a military gala, taking me with him,  and a lot of other Intelligence folks were there) and he kept going on  about the vulnerability of the electric grid,  and how easy it would be to strike at the heart of American civilization without firing a shot.

This was 2012, long before Trumpets positioned themselves in various powerful sectors of govt. So basically, I'm expecting anything and everything,  because at this point, I strongly believe that's the only way Trump can win.

Ultimately I don’t think there are really any undecided voters. Trump is so polarizing that anyone trying to still make their mind up will either not vote or is just lying. At this point and probably much earlier people came to their choice, I think the big thing is whether people are openly saying their choice. 

Going along with that, I think the polling is pretty accurate. People aren’t hiding their support for either candidate like in 2016. I live in Annapolis and in between two houses with Biden signs is a guy with a Trump sign. I’m 100% positive he voted for him last year but now is completely comfortable putting it out there. 

21 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Looks like Megyn Kelly has punched a ticket on the Trump Train. These people are so stupid

That's not surprising.  I'm sure Megyn Kelly makes over 400k a year and doesn't want her taxes to increase.  

But even then, people that vote for Trump...I think there's a large contingent that really do like him and are passionate about him, but a lot of that passion stems from their desire to stick it to liberals.  And that's all it really is:  Party first.

Archived