Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

16 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

This was at a memorial for victims of the Parkland shooting. The boy at the end lost his father in the shooting.

It's sad how inured we've become to having someone like Trump in the White House that even a 20 second clip of a leader showing true human compassion and empathy feels almost alien now. 

• Like 8

No idea how I didn't see this ad before.  Little background to the above video.  😢

EDIT: Corey's dad was a hero 😢

https://parklandtalk.com/family-of-chris-hixon-holds-second-annual-memorial-5k-6551/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Chris sped towards the gunfire in a golf cart and was gunned down while trying to stop the shooter — and despite his wounds, he stood guard until police arrived.

After the Parkland tragedy, Chris’ family chose to do something positive to remember him while making a difference in the community.  His wife, Debra, and sons, Corey, 24, and Tom, 27, chose to start a scholarship fund as a way to encompass who Chris was, raise money, and bring awareness to what happened on that day. They also created the Chris Hixon Memorial 5k as a fun and positive way to raise funds for the scholarship fund and honor his memory.

Edited by bearrock
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

It is really remarkable how much Joe's consistent and honest expressions of empathy are affecting me now.

I was not enthused about Biden at the beginning of the primaries - a lot of the other dem contenders had more appealing policies and more rhetorical connection for me.  That said, I'm now so excited to have him as president.  The need for a role model who actually cares about his/her fellow humans, with real empathy, is so great now.  It should be assumed that any leader would want to understand and empathize, but the modern GOP has demonized that trait to the point that they nominated and elected Trump.  It is awful how callous and cruel the party has become.  

There is no margin of victory large enough to satisfy my desire to rid the country of the GOP's culture of cruelty.  Good riddance.   I hope everyone who sees things the way I do is doing everything we can to make sure this happens.  

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2
9 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Watching now on MSNBC. Obama is a great role model for President.

There aren't words for how much I miss him, despite some things I have issue with (but were out of his control). 

He & Joe are of the same character...they give a ****.  What a novel idea.  :rolleyes:

• Like 4
12 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Watching now on MSNBC. Obama is a great role model for President.

Catching some of it now, I miss him just because of his character. Seems like he's finally, REALLY ripping into Trump. I don't know why he didn't do this sooner.

• Like 2
  • Rdskns2000 changed the title to Presidential Election: 11/3/20- Joe Biden WILL BEAT Donald Trump. Yes he will, U-watch. Friday or Saturday, Joe will win!
  • Jumbo changed the title to Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread