Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

Given that the 3rd debate is unlikely to happen, tonight was Trump’s last chance to move the needle in front of a huge captive audience opposite Joe Biden (sort of).  Doesn’t seem like that happened. Something bat**** crazy has to happen, and soon, to change this race. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Joe is the man

I wasn't even half this excited for Hillary.  I think it may be the Obama connection, because I dearly love him...and Joe is the same kind of empathetic human being that it takes to govern with dignity and grace.  I can't wait to hold my head high again as an American.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
9 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I been a day one Biden rider

I knew that I would be voting for the person who won the primary so I didn’t hitch my wagon. But from the beginning, I thought Biden would be excellent because, outside of age, he’s the exact opposite of Trump. 

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

“to all his vanquished children” is a brilliant ending to that story. 

The article that excerpt came from, by Tom Junod, is a beautifully written piece and well worth the read.  The Tom Hanks movie about Mr. Rogers is based (loosely) on Junod's article:

https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/tv/a27134/can-you-say-hero-esq1198/

Edit:

In fact, I just went back and reread it, and I stopped fighting the tears.  To have Mr. Rogers' gentle grace about now in this country would be such a gift.

Edited by Dan T.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Given that the 3rd debate is unlikely to happen, tonight was Trump’s last chance to move the needle in front of a huge captive audience opposite Joe Biden (sort of).  Doesn’t seem like that happened. Something bat**** crazy has to happen, and soon, to change this race. 

Only Joe Biden dropping dead before election day could change the trajectory of this race. 

Joe's on track to win this race.  Only thing unknown is the extent of his victory.  A close one? A comfortable one? A landslide?

I do think Joe is going have problems from the AOC/Bernie wing as they will want him to go full tilt to their position.  Also, the moment Joe is declared the winner; Mitch Mcconnell will be plotting how to undermine and make him fail. The exact playbook they used with Obama.  I know Joe felt confident he could get 4-8 Republicans to go along with his policies but I don't see that happening.  GOP will be looking to retake power in 2022.  If GOP still controls the Senate; then Joe will get nothing major passed. 

Joe made me feel comfortable with voting for him this time, despite my doubts about him.

Seeing on here and the few clips on of Trump's town hall; I didn't miss anything.  If Joe wins the ratings race; then that is a definitive sign people have turn Trump off.  They will no listen to what he has to say.

Edited by Rdskns2000

Joe having his battles with the progressive wing of the party goes with the territory.  That goes for almost every middle of the road corporate candidate on either side.  It is really of no concern when it comes to the election itself as the entire Dem party seems all in on Biden for now.  Get him over the finish line, let him undo the disastrous stuff Trump has done, and prep Kamala Harris for 2024. 

• Like 4
  • Rdskns2000 changed the title to Presidential Election: 11/3/20- Joe Biden WILL BEAT Donald Trump. Yes he will, U-watch. Friday or Saturday, Joe will win!
  • Jumbo changed the title to Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread