Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

Biden Is Not Out of the Woods

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/14/opinion/biden-trump-presidential-election.html

One thing continues to stand out, even in the polls these pieces describe, which is that white Democrats, who remain the majority in their party, have been moving leftward for nearly a decade, particularly on racial and moral issues, and that shift has pushed the party further away from the nation’s median voter. This gap has damaged Democratic prospects in the past, but the ultimate outcome of Trump’s determined efforts to capitalize on it has not yet been revealed.

Here are some of the things causing anxiety among Democratic partisans, particularly political professionals.

One way to measure voter enthusiasm is to compare voter registration trends for each party. A Democratic strategist who closely follows the data on a day-to-day basis wrote in a privately circulated newsletter:

Since last week, the share of white non-college over 30 registrations in the battleground states has increased by 10 points compared to September 2016, and the Democratic margin dropped 10 points to just 6 points. And there are serious signs of political engagement by white non-college voters who had not cast ballots in previous elections.

David Wasserman, House editor for The Cook Political Report. wrote on Oct. 1 that voter registration patterns over a longer period in key battleground states show that “Republicans have swamped Democrats in adding new voters to the rolls, a dramatic GOP improvement over 2016.”

Four of the six states Trump won by fewer than five points in 2016 allow voters to register by party: Arizona, Florida, North Carolina and Pennsylvania. In recent months, there have been substantially more Republicans added to the rolls than Democrats in each of them except for Arizona.

Edited by JSSkinz
  • Sad 2
8 hours ago, tshile said:

It should be a new amendment that if you lose by so much as an incumbent then you have to get the **** out the next day. 

8 hours ago, tshile said:

Oh don’t get me wrong I got no faith in what’s going on right now. 

im just saying it’d be cool if the results were so lopsided the rule was nah were not waiting until January gtfo now. 

I thought you meant he gets deported the next day.  I was on board. 

• Like 2
36 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I was gonna post mine when I vote but I thought it was a crime? Maybe only at the actual ballot locations...

This is my first time voting so I have no clue.  I just did a quick google search and found this.

According to state law, no technology devices are allowed in polling places, so taking cell phone photos of a completed ballot in a Maryland polling place is banned. It is permissible, however to take a photo of a ballot before mailing one in. Members of the media can photograph ballots, but they cannot take images that show how someone votes. All clear?

I just dropped mine off at the highschool near me so it has been done!

Edited by purbeast
  • Like 4

Here's what we want on election day:

Joe to win outright Florida, Arizona.  

Winning the states Hillary won plus those 2 gets Joe to 273.  Then if  Joe can somehow win Georgia and/or North Carolina that will be even greater.

The rust belt states votes won't be all counted on election night.  To shut up Donald; we have to hope that somehow Biden wins some red states

like Arizona, Florida, Georgia and North Carolina.  You will know the result election night and there's nothing Trump can do about it. If that can

happen; then some of **** that Trump will try to do will be mute.  Then when the rust belt states are tally, that will just increase the win.

If we have to wait for the rust belt states to declare Joe the winner; then expect hell.

I don't know if it's possible.  Polling seems to be favoring Joe but we won't know for sure.  If Trump loses Florida and Georgia; you know there's

no way he can win.  If somehow Texas can be in that equation; that would be sweet.

Right now, I have Joe barely winning: 270- 268. Winning MI,WI and AZ.  I just have this bad feeling about PA despite the polling and I still don't trust Florida despite the polling. Especially with Desantis running things.  If he sees Trump is losing, he may try to have some ballots just magically disappear.

• Like 3

I think Joe wins FLA and AZ.  The olds have turned on Trump.  

As much as I would like for Joe to win Texas, I think (1) it will be close but Trump will win and (2) it doesn't matter.  If Trump loses TX, he'll also have lost all or most of the for-real battleground states.  Winning TX is like hitting a 9th inning grand slam when you are already up by 10 runs. 

I also think Joe sweeps the northern battlegrounds, MI, WI, PA. 

• Like 5
46 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Here's what we want on election day:

Joe to win outright Florida, Arizona.  

Need maybe. Want? No. 

I want a blowout so big that all their lawyers huffing and puffing will get laughed out of every court in the land even a rigged Supreme Court.

• Like 4
7 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

Four of the six states Trump won by fewer than five points in 2016 allow voters to register by party: Arizona, Florida, North Carolina and Pennsylvania. In recent months, there have been substantially more Republicans added to the rolls than Democrats in each of them except for Arizona.

ok? now can we see TOTAL registered voters by party in those states?

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Need maybe. Want? No. 

I want a blowout so big that all their lawyers huffing and puffing will get laughed out of every court in the land even a rigged Supreme Court.

I would say want and need.  A blowout will be great and will do what you say would happen.  

It's a fact that the midwest states votes will take longer than election night to count. Especially, since I think they can't even begin to count mail in ballots until election day in some of those states.   If Joe Biden can be declared the winner by the time the West Coast states polls close; then it means Joe has won some of those red states like Florida, Arizona, Georgia, North Carolina.  He will then be on his way to landslide win, once the midwest votes are tabulated.

We want,need and hope that on election night there's no doubt Joe has won.  Trump and the GOP can huff and puff. Sue all they want but the outcome will already be known.  If Joe wins those 4 states I mentioned; my guess the GOP backs down and doesn't follow Trump in his challenges. Especially, if Texas goes to Joe or some other red states. 

Florida, Michigan* and Pennsylvania (and NC and GA since they appear to be in play) will have a head start in counting votes by virtue of being on east coast time.  I agree with 2000 that it would be helpful if the result was pretty clear relatively early on election night.  I hate that everyone is buying into the narrative that if the result isnt crystal clear on Nov. 3, Trump can somehow declare the election rigged.  Like, counting votes takes time, that's not indication of anything being rigged.  

*Yes, I had to google what time zone Michigan is in.  

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Haha 1

I think Biden wins PA, but this is definitely going to be an issue:

"A million more Democratic voters in Pennsylvania have requested mail-in ballots than Republican voters, a huge difference that could cause a dayslong delay in declaring a winner in one of the most important states in the Nov. 3 election.

The mail-in ballots could take days to count because state law doesn't allow county election offices to begin tallying them until Election Day. Each ballot is inside two envelopes, which cannot be opened until 7 a.m. Nov. 3, and then must be run through a machine."

So Trump will most likely be ahead in PA on election night, and will fight anything after that

Thank goodness Texas counts mail in ballots once they are opened and verified. I appreciate my county and trust them to operate the election apparatus fairly. I'm still going to vote in person early next week. I have some things to do this week.

• Like 1

Gov. Bullock in Montana has prevailed in his lawsuit against Postmaster DeJoy and the USPS, settling out of court and the settlement applies to all states etc. Excerpted text below.

"The lawsuit filed against Postmaster General Louis DeJoy and the U.S. Postal Service on Sept. 9 argued changes implemented in June harmed access to mail services in Montana, resulting in delayed delivery of medical prescriptions, payments, and job applications, and impeding the ability of Montana residents to vote by mail.

The postal service agreed to reverse all changes, which included reduced retail hours, removal of collection boxes and mail sorting machines, closure or consolidation of mail processing facilities, restriction of late or extra trips for timely mail delivery, and banning or restricting overtime.

The agreement also requires the Postal Service to prioritize election mail.

The settlement agreement was reached a day ahead of a hearing in the U.S. District Court in Great Falls. It applies to all states."

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/postal-agrees-reverse-changes-231557929.html

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 9
  • Rdskns2000 changed the title to Presidential Election: 11/3/20- Joe Biden WILL BEAT Donald Trump. Yes he will, U-watch. Friday or Saturday, Joe will win!
  • Jumbo changed the title to Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread