Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

A Redskin fan since a very early age and rooting against the Cowboys to then also lose my beloved Senators to Texas, I have spent 60+ years rooting for all things bad to happen to that state.

I will push all of those negative thoughts aside and cheer on Texas Democratic voters to come out & vote for Biden/Harris. We need you! Let's freaking do this!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

People might mock the double mask, but as my wife started making cloth masks for our family, we tested the two ply versus three with a sprayer (think windex). There was a noticable difference in how much made it through the cloth with only 3 sprays. At 5 it starts to go through even the triple ply.  Now think how much you might expell in the course of a normal conversation. Then imagine projecting your voice to be heard at any distance (or in our case be heard over 4 kids).  She takes the time to make the masks 3 peaces of cloth thick now. 

I recommend this as a fun experiment for thosr of us with kids.

Edited by gbear
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

:ols:   So much for the October surprises

‘Unmasking’ probe commissioned by Barr quietly concludes without charges or any public report

The federal prosecutor appointed by Attorney General William P. Barr to review whether Obama-era officials improperly requested the identities of individuals whose names were redacted in intelligence documents has completed his work without finding any substantive wrongdoing, according to people familiar with the matter.

The revelation that U.S. Attorney John Bash, who left the department last week, had concluded his review without criminal charges or any public report will rankle President Trump at a moment when he is particularly upset at the Justice Department. The department has so far declined to release the results of Bash’s work, though people familiar with his findings say they would likely disappoint conservatives who have tried to paint the “unmasking” of names — a common practice in government to help understand classified documents — as a political conspiracy.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, goskins10 said:

30 years ago this Biden/Harris ticket could have been a legitimate Republican ticket with maybe only abortion the primary difference. That's why I can't help but laugh (angrily) when i hear morons talk about how far left Biden and Harris are. What a joke. 

It doesn’t really matter how the actual positions of the parties change or that the Dems have moved so far right since Slick Willie’s “Third Way” that ideologically they’re now where moderate Republicans used to be. The Grand Oligarch’s Party’s “They’re all communists” game plan never does. It’s the same schtick year after year after year.

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

It’s a well known thing. OTOH, I don’t think it’s done to try to win black folks over as much as it is to provide a virtual one black friend so that the majority of the Republiklan’s base who don’t even know a POC have something to point at to provide plausible deniability of their own racism.

9F14A7D5-8054-43B3-82AB-823B5F816F45.jpeg

• Thanks 1

objectively speaking, and  especially considering environment/venue, the last ten pages of this thread has been a tribute to intelligent (and funny) political discussion in these very dark times....and i'm not even hyped up on experimental covid meds

i had been thinking of vis when i saw a post he made about the old days when he and zoony and i ran into each other at the wapo thing pre-es and it's kinda 'wow, that's been a long time'

i gave vis his "custom description" under his screen name in a "from all of us" spirit some time back :) 

he's been indefatigable in channeling useful and informative content, holding to good standards even for this radical lefty hellscape :ols:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Why are people voting early in person? Why not just vote on election day? I get the mail in ballots but i’m assuming the early voting isn’t open every day so i’m trying to figure out why they do this and have long lines in a pandemic instead of just voting by mail or whatever.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
Just now, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Why are people voting early in person? Why not just vote on election day? I get the mail in ballots but i’m assuming the early voting isn’t open every day??

why would you put it off any longer than necessary and take any risk at all that something might keep you from making it that day?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5
3 hours ago, DCranon21 said:

Done and there were lines requesting a ballot too today at the elections board here in Maryland. Time to get this asshole and his cronies outta here.

F847261A-BC5D-4CAF-96D7-09A0FE670951.jpeg

BF9695A3-5437-4462-AF60-3905E5F2A961.jpeg

doesn’t early voting happen between 10/28 and 11/2 in MD?

• Rdskns2000 changed the title to Presidential Election: 11/3/20- Joe Biden WILL BEAT Donald Trump. Yes he will, U-watch. Friday or Saturday, Joe will win!
  • Jumbo changed the title to Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread