Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

Message added by TK,

16 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

If he dies before the election, does Pence get to rush and pick a VP? People have already voted. Seems too late to change that.

Rather Trump hobled then dead, folks might find Pence more reasonable.

My dream scenario is that Trump becomes so incapacitated that he needs to step down. Pence also succumbs and steps down. President Pelosi then as acting President weithdraws the nomination of Coney Barrett for Supreme Court. Heck, while I'm at it she fires William Barr, Betsy Devos,  and Pompeo.

I know there is nearly a zero percent chance this happens, but it should.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
39 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

If he dies before the election, does Pence get to rush and pick a VP? People have already voted. Seems too late to change that.

Rather Trump hobled then dead, folks might find Pence more reasonable.

I would think it would continue as is.  Pence could make it known who his potential VP would be, but the election would continue with a Trump/Pence ticket.  Then should Trump/Pence win, it would be just like if Trump had died in office. 

I don't think Pence has "it" to energize people enough to get people out to vote.  The only thing keeping that ticket afloat is Trump being involved. 

• Like 1

The thing is unless Trump really gets the worst of it, he is going to recuperate, he has access to the best medical care in the world right now.  If anyone sees his potential recovery as any kind of indication of how things would be for the general population they are idiots. 

Fact is Hope Hicks tested positive, they tried to hide it in hopes no one else would catch it.  They put numerous people in danger of contracting it due to politics.  That is how this President and his team work.  If no one else had tested positive, who knows if we would have ever found out Hicks tested positive.  I am sure McKenany behind closed doors is not too happy right about now.  I wonder if she will get a page dedicated in her spin-binder to actually be truthful about this situation? Unlikely. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

The thing is unless Trump really gets the worst of it, he is going to recuperate, he has access to the best medical care in the world right now.  If anyone sees his potential recovery as any kind of indication of how things would be for the general population they are idiots. 

The overwhelming majority of people eventually get better, but the timeframe for that can vary quite a bit.  If you are young and healthy, two weeks seems to be the general timeframe.  Trump is neither of those things.  More severe cases, which tend to happen to older people and obese people, among other risk factors, take longer to recover from, like 6 weeks.  The election is literally happening now and ends in 4 weeks. 

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

The overwhelming majority of people eventually get better, but the timeframe for that can vary quite a bit.  If you are young and healthy, two weeks seems to be the general timeframe.  Trump is neither of those things.  More severe cases, which tend to happen to older people and obese people, among other risk factors, take longer to recover from, like 6 weeks.  The election is literally happening now and ends in 4 weeks. 

If it doesn't knock him on his ass and put him through the ringer, then he'll minimize it or talk about what a strong guy he is and there's nothing to worry about.  He started out all this comparing it to the flu.

And given how he's only out to serve his self interest, I doubt he'll worry to much about anything other than how he looks. I can't envision a change in tune.  He went this long being anti-mask, I think he'll keep doing it. 

2 hours ago, Burgold said:

I may have to question myself for this, but I find myself wishing him the worst. For all he has put families through, by all the malice that has led to tens of thousands of unnecessary deaths, for orchestrating internment camps for children, for every act of cruelty  he has championed.

I have no sympathy for him or his family. I feel a little bad about myself for not being able to rise up, but that's what I feel.

Edit: I could imagine about testing positive, but only if he thought he was losing with no hope of winning. In which case, I could imagine him stepping down due to illness and having Pence pardon him. It is hard for me to imagine that a narcist like him would be able to admit the weakness of being sick or deny himself his crowds. He needs to be strong, the best.

My cousin died from this, trying to help people that Trump and his ilk have been ****ting on from unfathomable heights since he took office, while mocking and lying his ass off on everything about it.

Got no sympathy left

• Like 7
1 hour ago, Burgold said:

My dream scenario is that Trump becomes so incapacitated that he needs to step down. Pence also succumbs and steps down. President Pelosi then as acting President weithdraws the nomination of Coney Barrett for Supreme Court. Heck, while I'm at it she fires William Barr, Betsy Devos,  and Pompeo.

I know there is nearly a zero percent chance this happens, but it should.

You never know. This final season of The Apprentice has been WILD so far.

• Haha 1
37 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Herman cain had access to some pretty damn good health care too.

Statistically speaking the odds of a full recovery are certainly in his favor even with all the high risk factors, but if he develops severe symptoms he could succumb to it just as hundreds of thousands have who have had access to excellent health care.

Edited by redskinss
  • Like 1
12 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

I don't know what to make of all this.  At this point I just want a legit election with no complications, a Biden win, and a peaceful transfer of power.

One benefit is that this may be the thing that Trump rethink whether he really wants the Presidency.  Especially if the virus really does a number him, and he loses the election.  He gives him an out and he might not fight in court, etc. as hard as he would have.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, goskins10 said:

Let me preface this with I do not wish death on anyone, not even this total piece of garbage and the garbage around him.  I do hope if they actually come down with Covid they fully recover, even bunker boy.

But in the end I agree with you here. People will have to forgive me if I am enjoying him getting covid a little too much. We have lived through 4 yrs of bullying from this total POS of a president that him getting a **** slap by mother nature just feels good to me. I realize it's fairly juvenile but  - Sorry, NOT sorry!!  

You're a better man than I am. He is personally responsible (albeit aided and abetted by spineless Republican cronies) for the U.S.'s high death total. He deserves everything this disease can throw at him and worse.

The only reason I want him to recover is so that he can face justice after he leaves office and be recorded in the history books not only as the worst president in history but as a convicted criminal.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

One benefit is that this may be the thing that Trump rethink whether he really wants the Presidency.  Especially if the virus really does a number him, and he loses the election.  He gives him an out and he might not fight in court, etc. as hard as he would have.

Aaaaand it gives him the perfect excuse why he lost (couldn't campaign the month before the election), which he can complain about for the next few years.  He loves playing the persecuted victim, so this works well for him.

• Like 1
  • Rdskns2000 changed the title to Presidential Election: 11/3/20- Joe Biden WILL BEAT Donald Trump. Yes he will, U-watch. Friday or Saturday, Joe will win!
  • Jumbo changed the title to Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread