Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

4 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

If that son of a **** infected Biden, or God forbid, dies of it before he can be voted out and sent to prison to pay for his disgraceful litany of crimes, then there is zero justice in the world.

I’m with you here, but as a counterpoint: the country is far less likely to descend into chaos after the election if Trump isn’t around to dispute the results and encourage Y’all Qaeda to take up arms against his political opponents or protestors.

16 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Not too sure how many Trump supporters are factoring in his health as a consideration or if he kicks the bucket, that would sway them in any way.

If anything, the “normal” (relatively) crowd that is on the fence may consider him being sick as a potential loosing of the anchor that is Trump and more of a vote for the “normal/more presidential” (again relatively) Pence.

7 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

On the website 

Feeling like I should walk this back....

I read the headline “throws the country into a new upheaval” and a second headline that read “the most significant health risk to the presidency in 30 years” and ran with it....

2 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I don’t believe a word of this.  Trump trying to run the okey-doke.

yeah, but he can’t campaign for two weeks now at the least? Maybe he wants to use it as a reason to delay the election...

21 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Contracting covid is not smart strategy. Especially not when people are already voting. If your strategy takes 2 weeks to be effective then you better do it when people aren't considering your health in their decision.

Really hoping Biden doesn't contract this from Trump's dumbass. 

If their strategy was jump started by the damage of a complete dumpster fire of a debate performance and a ton of serious controversies landing on the front page, though...I wouldn't be surprised if this was brought to the table as a viable strategy in their eyes. This is a campaign team that put "September 31st" on their voter solicitation emails, afterall lol...

2 minutes ago, stoshuaj said:

Can you imagine that conversation?

”I got it!!!!  Let’s all have the Covid!”

”Hell yeah, that’s a GREAT idea!!”

"We'll announce it on September 31st!!"

5 hours ago, No Excuses said:

No one but the diehards will feel sympathy here. And more than anything, it’s a reflection on the bungled job he’s done. His absence and the narrative will be a constant reminder that he couldn’t even protect his own house, let alone the country. 

Agree. I think more people will see this as karma finally getting off of its lazy ass. 

Just now, PleaseBlitz said:

Agree. I think more people will see this as karma finally getting off of its lazy ass. 

Let me preface this with I do not wish death on anyone, not even this total piece of garbage and the garbage around him.  I do hope if they actually come down with Covid they fully recover, even bunker boy.

But in the end I agree with you here. People will have to forgive me if I am enjoying him getting covid a little too much. We have lived through 4 yrs of bullying from this total POS of a president that him getting a **** slap by mother nature just feels good to me. I realize it's fairly juvenile but  - Sorry, NOT sorry!!  

13 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

I’m with you here, but as a counterpoint: the country is far less likely to descend into chaos after the election if Trump isn’t around to dispute the results and encourage Y’all Qaeda to take up arms against his political opponents or protestors.

Maybe I'm naive but I still have faith in the institutional strength of the government to peacefully remove a former president who was voted out, no matter what the entitled sociopath wishes.  The people who would actually commit street violence and get themselves killed or arrested on his behalf would just be outing themselves, and I believe we have the institutional strength to deal with them too.

For once in his disgraceful life, I want Trump to pay for his crimes.  I actually think its necessary to heal the country of a lot of the damage he's done to it.

54 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

They’re just pathological liars and every lie is to benefit themselves personally.  How can I believe this? 

Because the Trump campaigns entire Covid strategy to this point has been to downplay it and act like it has already gone away. That has been their gameplan since April. This news completely torpedos that narrative and ensures that Trumps failure to effectively respond to the pandemic is the main story for weeks and probably until election day.  It also prevents Trump from fundraising and holding rallies for 2 crucial weeks. This doesn’t benefit them. 

7 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Because the Trump campaigns entire Covid strategy to this point has been to downplay it and act like it has already gone away. That has been their gameplan since April. This news completely torpedos that narrative and ensures that Trumps failure to effectively respond to the pandemic is the main story for weeks and probably until election day.  It also prevents Trump from fundraising and holding rallies for 2 crucial weeks. This doesn’t benefit them. 

On top of that, he’s officially considered symptomatic: 

re: doctors, treatment and the WH. Unless the WH has access to completely unknown to the public antiviral science and medication, there isn’t much doctors can do right now except monitor his symptoms and vitals. 

The best defense against the virus remains a persons immune system and underlying biology. An obese, old man is not the group you want to be in with COVID. The best treatments are for when the virus is driving your immune system into overdrive and your disease symptoms are serious. There is currently no known science or medication that effectively blocks viral replication and halts disease progression. And there is zero chance that the WH has a miracle cure unknown to the world here, the science simply doesn’t exist.

9 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

A minimum of two weeks. I read that he was starting to show symptoms as early as Wednesday. Maybe he avoids hospitalization but it still puts him on his ass for a bit. He could be unable to stand or speak for any prolonged period of time. This condition could last through the election. 

Archived