Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

2 hours ago, Jabbyrwock said:

20th amendment section 1:

The terms of the President and the Vice President shall end at noon on the 20th day of January, and the terms of Senators and Representatives at noon on the 3rd day of January, of the years in which such terms would have ended if this article had not been ratified; and the terms of their successors shall then begin.

I don’t see where it says noon in a particular time zone.  So swear him in at noon Bangkok time.

6 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

"(or he just doesn't want to jeopardize his shot at the NFL)" would be the reason IMO.  When people scrub their accounts it's to cover their ass, it's not like they change their opinion overnight.

I'm really struggling with this. I don't generally do this, athletes are for entertainment and their political decisions are their decisions.  But this is different and this climate is different.  

I’m not sure what the connection to Torrey Smith is, but it sounds like they talk and Torrey is invested him.

So it’s also possible dialogue was eye-opening and moved him in a different direction.

9 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I don’t see where it says noon in a particular time zone.  So swear him in at noon Bangkok time.

No...that part is in US code.  Specifically 4 USC 72 and 15 USC 262:

4 USC 72: Public offices; at seat of Government

All offices attached to the seat of government shall be exercised in the District of Columbia, and not elsewhere, except as otherwise expressly provided by law.

15 USC 262: Duty to observe standard time of zones

In all statutes, orders, rules, and regulations relating to the time of performance of any act by any officer or department of the United States, whether in the legislative, executive, or judicial branches of the Government, or relating to the time within which any rights shall accrue or determine, or within which any act shall or shall not be performed by any person subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, it shall be understood and intended that the time shall insofar as practicable (as determined by the Secretary of Transportation) be the United States standard time of the zone within which the act is to be performed.

9 minutes ago, TK said:

137622782_10159689248839237_592671903077

What...no Incellica?

12 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I’m not sure what the connection to Torrey Smith is, but it sounds like they talk and Torrey is invested him.

So it’s also possible dialogue was eye-opening and moved him in a different direction.

Exactly how many MAGAs have been convinced in a few days to totally change their opinion? Come on man, he removed it to reduce the backlash.

Trump reportedly told Kelly Loeffler he'd 'do a number on her' if she didn't back Electoral College challenge

President Trump was prepared to "do a number" on outgoing Sen. Kelly Loeffler (R-Ga.) last week on stage during the president's final pre-runoff rally in Georgia, a source familiar with the events told The Washington Free Beacon's Eliana Johnson, per Politico.

The implication is that Trump told Loeffler what he said about her on stage was contingent upon whether she backed the Electoral College challenge championed by Sens. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.) and Josh Hawley (R-Mo.), among others.

Click on the link for the full article

Anybody really believe these businesses aren't going to go right back to supporting Republicans when this all blows over?

They get to have their cake and eat it too. Earn PR points for loudly virtue signaling, and then quietly go right back to the well.

Archived