Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

10 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Men's Wearhouse ad just now during the game had "vote.org" at the end.

Everyone's in.  I like that. 

Not everyone.

A big one dropped out.

WWE used to hammer their audience to vote. Not this year. Maybe Vince is embarrassed by his buddy. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

https://electproject.github.io/Early-Vote-2020G/Early_Vote_Analysis_10_18.html

Early Vote Analysis for Sunday, Oct. 18

Lots of early voting data at link (Dems are voting early in massive numbers, Repubs, not so much).  Here’s the wrap up:

While Democrats can feel good about the record number of early voters, I believe the most important story now is tactical.

The Trump campaign spent millions of dollars sending mailers encouraging his supporters to request mail ballots and vote in-person. The Trump campaign sent three mailers to my household, addressed to the prior occupant, encouraging him to request a mail ballot and vote in-person early. (Who hasn’t lived here in several years and is no longer on the voter file. That is some poor targeting.) His money has largely been wasted because Trump’s supporters are listening to his rhetoric about mail ballot fraud. Even if occasionally he grudgingly tells his supports to vote by mail or vote early, Republicans aren’t doing it yet. Maybe Trump feels he can waste his money this way, but throwing away money only means the Biden campaign has even more of a cash advantage over Trump.

Meanwhile, the Biden campaign is analyzing the same early voting data of individual voters available to me. They are merrily scratching names off their target universe and re-concentrating their efforts onto voters they want to vote who haven’t participated yet. This means that Biden is able to more effectively use the money he has.

Trump is putting his eggs into the Election Day basket, and that is risky. It is not unheard of for bad weather to happen on Election Day – a snowstorm, rain, or even a tropical disturbance. Bad weather is known to depress turnout. There will be fewer polling locations because of COVID, so Election Day lines could be unusually long and miserable to stand in with bad weather. A COVID issue could unexpectedly shutter an election office or polling location, creating last minute chaos.

Again, maybe Republican start voting in-person over the next two weeks. If I were running a campaign, I’d much prefer to be the one where I’ve already banked millions of votes more than my opponent.

If I had my choice, it'd be as many people vote early and get their votes on the books as early as possible that way you know where to focus your attention in the final week or so. Go to the areas where it looks like there will be more election day in-person voting.

22 minutes ago, TK said:

Not everyone.

A big one dropped out.

WWE used to hammer their audience to vote. Not this year. Maybe Vince is embarrassed by his buddy. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Ha, I remember that. "Smackdown your Vote." I remember Vince had the Rock of all people, to show up at the '00 RNC

9 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I don’t get slamming anyone that is working to take down Trump. I don’t give a damn what they do after the election. 

Tonight is the first time I’ve been nervous about the race. I still think huge blue wave but I do worry about dumb white people being stirred up for authoritarian/racist reasons. It’s staggering to me what these people believe is true. They live in the world of make believe.

36 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

January, darlin'.  :angry:

Oh I’m sure the final moments of his Presidency after he loses the election will be ugly... but it will also be kind of fun watching him throw tantrum after tantrum during his two month long walk of shame.  I look forward to reporters asking him things like if he’ll attend the inauguration.  (He won’t.)

All we need now is to actually vote him out.  Please God don’t let America screw this up.  

8 minutes ago, Destino said:

Oh I’m sure the final moments of his Presidency after he loses the election will be ugly... but it will also be kind of fun watching him throw tantrum after tantrum during his two month long walk of shame.  I look forward to reporters asking him things like if he’ll attend the inauguration.  (He won’t.)

All we need now is to actually vote him out.  Please God don’t let America screw this up.  

Had a nightmare the other night that Joe won, but was assassinated at his inauguration. 

Hold onto your butts

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Had a nightmare the other night that Joe won, but was assassinated at his inauguration. 

Hold onto your butts

I had an awful thought one day of Trump trying to provoke Biden into taking a swing at him at the next debate and then having agents/police take him out.

Archived