Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Going back over the first 30-40 pages of this thread, kinda interesting to see how things have turned out.  At one point, some of you were madly in love with Beto.

What a journey. I still remember watching the chaos of the iowa caucus, and seeing masses of voters next to Bernie and Warren names, and like 4 people next to Biden. And everyone was making fun of them like they didn't have a chance (including me). Crazy what a phone call from obama can do

2 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Thank goodness Texas counts mail in ballots once they are opened and verified. I appreciate my county and trust them to operate the election apparatus fairly. I'm still going to vote in person early next week. I have some things to do this week.

It's baffling that all states don't do this. 

I hope Jack gives them that condescending smirk and wears that hoodie to the hearings.  Fact is that Jack Dorsey built a successful company that changed how we communicate with each other.  I don't particularly like twitter as I believe the interface does a magnificent job of allowing users to take serious topics and boil them down to nothing more than 280 characters and everyone competing for a punchline or a knockout blow.  In other words, it's hard to have a serious conversation about a serious topic when you don't have much room to work with.  But for staying up to date on news and sharing media, it's pretty unparalleled.  

Anyway, Jack's built a great company that's changed the landscape, I give him kudos for that.  I always find it funny when career politicians haul in people who have achieved great things for a slap on the wrist and a finger wag. I do believe these politicians chafe at the idea of others who have achieved more than them and they're envious of it.

3 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

This is a good idea.  I'm planning on watching baseball tonight but I'll stream the town hall on the computer in the other room so I can pitch in.  Tempted to tune into the Trump debacle but I won't give him the satisfaction.  I'm sure there will be plenty of clips going around tomorrow anyway.

3 minutes ago, visionary said:

I feel like the tik tok teen idea is bad here.  That gives Trump an out, if he does bad in the ratings.  He might even blame China.

To that snarky guy's point, thats not how votes happen.  Ratings tonight don't really matter, but whatever gets under the skin of Trump, I'm for it.

3 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Florida, Michigan* and Pennsylvania (and NC and GA since they appear to be in play) will have a head start in counting votes by virtue of being on east coast time.  I agree with 2000 that it would be helpful if the result was pretty clear relatively early on election night.  I hate that everyone is buying into the narrative that if the result isnt crystal clear on Nov. 3, Trump can somehow declare the election rigged.  Like, counting votes takes time, that's not indication of anything being rigged.  

*Yes, I had to google what time zone Michigan is in.  

Trump is going to attempt to have mail in ballots thrown out in states with a Dem governor. He won’t do that in GOP governor states.

So, if Trump can win the election by winning those states with GOP governors; his strategy will be pointless. He will have already lost.

I could be wrong, but i dont think watching on a non-TV device effects “ratings.”

Also, who ****ing cares?  Sure, more people are prolly gonna watch Trump. It’s because he’s a ****ing train wreck. 

7 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Trump is going to attempt to have mail in ballots thrown out in states with a Dem governor. He won’t do that in GOP governor states.

So, if Trump can win the election by winning those states with GOP governors; his strategy will be pointless. He will have already lost.

giphy.gif

I would think that the streaming services that show ads would be counting and selling viewing numbers (as well as clicks) 

Just now, dfitzo53 said:

I don't even think the average Joe's TV matters for ratings, if I understand how the system works correctly. I think you specifically have to have a box that Nielsen is monitoring.

Right. That is how Nielsen traditionally worked. I would expect they are folding in online viewership too if they want to keep their media customers who want both TV and streamed viewership.

9 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Also, who ****ing cares?  Sure, more people are prolly gonna watch Trump. It’s because he’s a ****ing train wreck. 

Like with Howard Stern. People who loved the show listened for 20 minutes People who hated it  listened for twice as long so they could get even more offended. :ols:

Archived