Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

2 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

As are now in the middle of September, the skeptic in me is trying to ignore all this positive polling and wait for a shoe (and then another shoe) to drop on Biden that slows, stops, or even reverses his momentum.  I know it is likely going to be nothing of substance, but that sums of the last 4 years of Trump and it hasn't mattered much to his supporters.  

That new audio just released from the Woodward interview can't be good for Trump though. He was flat out calling Covid19 a plague behind closed doors. 

p24k6

Be afraid. Be on edge.  Prepare yourself for the horror of 4 more years.  If Biden wins, it's probably will be by the Electoral College Skin of the Teeth. What I posted above seems like a possibility.  I think Biden's likely electoral college win is anywhere from 270 to 292.  

Before the conventions there was a poll that showed 56% of Biden's support was just people opposed to Trump.  I don't know where that stands now, less than 50 days before the election.  I think those of you in Virginia can vote maybe as soon as this weekend.  Biden has no enthusiasm driving his campaign.   What's driving Biden's vote is mostly anti-Trump anger.   Will that be enough in the key states to get 270?    Will the anti-Trump vote be larger than the pro-Trump vote.  The Trumpsters are enthused and will vote for Donald in droves. Most of the Trumpsters will be voting on election day or early voting days.  Most the Dems are expect to vote by mail.

The Trump campaign is knocking on doors.  The Biden campaign really isn't; choosing to do things virtually. 

If Biden wants it, then he needs to get people out there.  Even if it's risky; you need to mount physical presence.  Joe needs to be more aggressive.

This election will be a true test of what drives out more voters.  For a candidate vs Against that same candidate.

If Trump wasn't the nominee; there's no way Joe would even be the Dem nominee.  

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

@Rdskns2000How in the world do you have VA going to Trump? Current RCP average has him 14 points underwater there.

Ya, no way VA goes to trump

48 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Most of the Trumpsters will be voting on election day or early voting days.  Most the Dems are expect to vote by mail.

Aside from clear voter suppression that will happen, this statement is what scares me the most tbh. I think its inevitable that trump will be up after election night, and he'll be fighting like hell to get the election called ASAP before waiting for the mail-in vote count. With his droves of new conservative judges, DOJ, Barr, etc, he might have a chance to be successful there, even with Biden ultimately getting the most votes a week or so later. Gonna be ugly

Has Trump said anything he took action on regarding Covid besides the China travel ban?  Do people ever push back on that and say.....the virus was already here and spreading, so what did you do for THIS COUNTRY you blathering fool, besides downplay it and try to pretend in public it would magically go away?

When Trump keeps harping on "lowest black unemployment ever" what he fails to acknowledge is that the black unemployment rate fell by 52% under Obama and has continued by another 20% since.  Trump will never admit that most of the economic conditions in his first term were taking place and set in motion.  He didn't course correct anything, much to the contrary the rate of growth has slowed under him precisely because almost every economic recovery has a stop watch and will eventually slow, stop, and recess somewhat.  That is when the guy coming in on the next term (Trump) has to start coming up with ways to keep the growth going with infrastructure jobs and other means to weather the slowdown that usually always takes place after a certain number of years of growth.  This is just how it works, but instead of facing reality, Trump and his administration are trying to act like the Obama economy didn't actually exist and the day Trump was sworn in everything got magically better.  

It's sad that people are still falling for this garbage when it was damn near the same story when Bush43 was elected and instead of addressing the slowing down of Clinton's economy, he doled out a huge tax cut most of which, SURPRISE, went to the wealthy.  The biggest difference is the Iraq war was creating unrelated GDP to the rest of the economy that was propping up the statistics while jobs were starting to shed. 

Archived