Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

6 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Question about your question:  Are you volunteering as tribute to watch GOP ads in full in order to waste the campaign's money?  

Not all heroes wear capes.  :ols:

More or less. They auto play while I'm reading an article. I don't have the sound on so I figured WTF - let it play in full to waste their money. If I keep the tab open all day I'll just hit replay when the mood strikes...😄

1 minute ago, EmirOfShmo said:

More or less. They auto play while I'm reading an article. I don't have the sound on so I figured WTF - let it play in full to waste their money. If I keep the tab open all day I'll just hit replay when the mood strikes...😄

Because I am 100% on board with your crusade and want to help, I found an article that says yes, the advertiser doesn't pay if you skip the ad. 

1. TrueView Ads

TrueView ads are the standard video ad type on YouTube. Advertisers only pay for TrueView ads when viewers watch or interact with their ad (for example, by clicking on a call-to-action), and videos can be easily customized to share a variety of content.

Advertisers only pay when a user watches the ad for at least 30 seconds or until the end of the video or if the viewer takes an action, such as clicking on a call-to-action. YouTube requires that skippable TrueView ads be between 12 seconds and 6 minutes in length, and that non-skippable TrueView ads be 15-20 seconds in length.

https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/youtube-video-advertising-guide

More, this time straight from Google (obv YouTube's parent company) that lays it out.  Yes, I am bored at work. :)

https://support.google.com/google-ads/answer/9149284?hl=en

To understand how video works in the purchase journey, it’s important to have accurate attribution – and looking at the relationship between video ad exposure and conversions we determined that the default attribution window for TrueView for action ads needed to change. To help you more accurately assess the impact of your video ads, we’re adjusting the default attribution window for TrueView for action ads to 10 seconds with a 3 day default conversion window (from 30 seconds with a 30 day conversion window). 

Here’s what’s changing: 

• Our system will now count an ‘Engagement’ whenever a user clicks or watches 10 seconds or more of your TrueView for action ad using maximize conversions or target CPA bidding. 
  • By default,  a ‘Conversion’ will be counted when a user takes action on your ad within 3 days of an ‘Engagement.’ You can ask your Google team to customize this time frame if you prefer an alternative.  
  • For users who click your ad, we’ll still attribute conversions according to the conversion window you have set (the default is 30 days).

This isn't great, but I've never considered FLA anything but a toss up.  

https://cookpolitical.com/analysis/national/national-politics/electoral-college-rating-changes-florida-and-nevada-shift-right

Today we are making two ratings changes in Pres. Trump's favor, moving Florida from Lean Democrat to Toss Up, and Nevada from Likely Democrat to Lean Democrat. 

Biden's Electoral College lead has narrowed to 279 to 187 for Trump. Earlier this summer, Biden held a 308 to 187 lead. 

So basically the dam on the political & corrupt "investigation of the investigation" is beginning to break because unsurprisingly, just like the Ukraine-Biden nonsense, this entire thing is merely about producing something Barr can recite on Fox News and not actually about any type of real investigation, and if the investigation takes say another 6 months to do properly, well then gee, it just doesn't do anything to help Trump's re-election campaining.

Also I read there is usually some kind of 60 day blackout during lead up to election when it comes to this stuff, which of course Barr said he will not abide by for this.

Oh god. I wish we had a reality version of a shadow ban (you keep posting and see nothing wrong but no one else can see your posts) for trump when he’s finally out of office

the rest of us get to move on

but there’s a tv station dedicated to following Trump around and trump thinks he’s still president but isnt, and there’s no way for him to realize it

the idiot provides so much hilarious content (but only fully enjoyable if he wasn’t actually in charge of things)

52 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

This isn't great, but I've never considered FLA anything but a toss up.  

Also... I think any timeline view of support needs to be looked at with a high degree of skepticism. Because there’s really 2 flavors of trump supporters. 

there’s the all-in crowd that boasts about their support and never misses an opportunity to tell you how awesome he is, and how much everyone else sucks (and how all the controversies are manufactured by the meanie media and deep state)

but then there’s the “I call myself a conservative” bunch. And while we’ve sort of on and off labeled and discussed these people over the last year, what we presumed would be the case is playing out in front of our eyes. Which is that yeah back in 2019 or earlier, he’ll even early 2020, theses folks would try to appeal to us on their sensibilities. They’d agree with majority of the criticism and make comments like “yeah I hated Hillary. But this next time around I can’t support him.” And they’d follow along in the dem primaries and occasionally say good things about someone, but mostly sort of whine about how they don’t like any of them. But generally they came off as the “man I don’t really like how trump does things” conservative. 

well. It’s september. And in order for that second group of people to 1) vote for trump in November, and 2) rationalize it all, they’ve started walking back their lack of support for trump. They’re less willing to answer polls certain ways. They’re less willing to agree with criticism. After all, they’ve gotta walk themselves back into a spot where they can vote for him but not feel like a hypocrite. And not let any sense of morals or ethics or decency get in the way. 

so I, personally, am skeptical of long term trends showing small movements of trump gaining support. It seems likely to me that a good bit of it is explained by these people in the second group of supporters just lying less about where they truly stand on supporting him. These people were going to vote for him anyways, they were just playing a con game to ease their conscious for a bit. 

45 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

The U.S. is burning; he isn’t winning a peace prize.

It's a total joke; Trump was nominated by a far-right Norwegian politician. There's less than zero chance he'll actually get it. He won't even have a chance at making the short list, let alone wining the prize. 

Lou Dobbs talking about how it's so amazing that Trump got nominated was nonsense. Anyone with sufficient "qualifications" can submit a person for the prize. This year there are 318 submissions. The "qualifications" for being able to submit is basically anything from a pretty long list including any member from a national assembly or government. 

5 hours ago, mammajamma said:

Does that include online media spending as well? Or just the "airwaves" (tv spend) as theyre saying in the 1st sentence? considering what happened in 2016, online media spending may be a better indicator

yes because at this point Donald trump basically owns YouTube and has a majority share in the internet based on the ads I’ve plastered with every 5 minutes. 

I haven’t seen one Biden digital ad on YouTube or anywhere else. Not even a banner ad on a website 

2 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

yes because at this point Donald trump basically owns YouTube and has a majority share in the internet based on the ads I’ve plastered with every 5 minutes. 

I haven’t seen one Biden digital ad on YouTube or anywhere else. Not even a banner ad on a website 

I have, I don't see trump stuff. Maybe I'm subconsciously ignoring it. 

Seeing LOTS of Biden ads on TV here in GA, but ESPN runs a ton of ads against Jon Ossoff during the day (Senate candidate I've sent $ to.)

Archived