Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

40 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Like, won't even talk to you about work stuff or anything or just doesn't want to talk about the Trump/Woodward stuff?

Trump Woodward stuff. I brought it up and he said he didnt want to talk about it and Gotcha books are not his kinda thing. We dont really have to collaborate much on work stuff so no loss there. 

I pushed a bit more and he just ignored me 😕 

Hes sitting here now, saying nothing. Sad! 

Edit: To add, he was just telling me last week how this isnt much more than a regular flu, so I lead with "Hey have you heard that Trump said himself this is much worse than the flu!?" 

So I understand why he didnt want to talk about it lol. But I didnt even get to the good stuff. 

i forget the name of the old white ****-eating senator from lousiana with the overdone southern drawl shtick, but when asked about the breaking reveals in woodward's book the next morning after, the ole sack of gop **** looked all sanctimonious and said  quite smarmily in his stupid southern d-r-a-w-l 'well, i don't really pay much attention to all the tell-all books and they'll be another one next week'...and then blew it all off

he's like so many gopers who try to pretend they are decent reasonable people that just strongly disagree with dems over policies

trump has shown the large majority of the gop constituency to be what many have known or suspected for a long time--and all the relevant adjectives are very bad :) 

seeing trump at his rally and the assembled trumpers doing what they do still leaves me with the sentiment of wishing for as immediate an end as possible to their ability to affect anything :) 

42 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

i forget the name of the old white ****-eating senator from lousiana with the overdone southern drawl shtick, but when asked about the breaking reveals in woodward's book the next morning after, the ole sack of gop **** looked all sanctimonious and said  quite smarmily in his stupid southern d-r-a-w-l 'well, i don't really pay much attention to all the tell-all books and they'll be another one next week'...and then blew it all off

he's like so many gopers who try to pretend they are decent reasonable people that just strongly disagree with dems over policies

trump has shown the large majority of the gop constituency to be what many have known or suspected for a long time--and all the relevant adjectives are very bad :) 

seeing trump at his rally and the assembled trumpers doing what they do still leaves me with the sentiment of wishing for as immediate an end as possible to their ability to affect anything :) 

Thats Senator John Kennedy from Louisiana. He plays the dumb southerner but the guy has degrees from Vandy, UVA, and Oxford. Makes him that much more evil that he acts like an idiot when it benefits him. 

23 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Trump Woodward stuff. I brought it up and he said he didnt want to talk about it and Gotcha books are not his kinda thing. We dont really have to collaborate much on work stuff so no loss there. 

I pushed a bit more and he just ignored me 😕 

Hes sitting here now, saying nothing. Sad! 

Edit: To add, he was just telling me last week how this isnt much more than a regular flu, so I lead with "Hey have you heard that Trump said himself this is much worse than the flu!?" 

So I understand why he didnt want to talk about it lol. But I didnt even get to the good stuff. 

:ols:

"Gotcha" books. Aka: "Books where someone is asked something and they admit to doing it", apparently.

He doesn't need to read the book...the recording is out there. But yeah, they take their lead from Trump himself...never ever admit to a mistake or that you were wrong about something.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/republican-worries-rise-as-trump-campaign-pulls-back-from-television-advertising/2020/09/10/92db20e4-f2b7-11ea-b796-2dd09962649c_story.html?hpid=hp_no-name_campaign-805pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory-ans

Republican worries rise as Trump campaign pulls back from television advertising

Fearing a coming cash crunch, President Trump’s campaign has pulled back from television advertising over the last month, ceding to Democratic nominee Joe Biden a huge advantage in key states and sparking disagreements over strategy within the president’s senior team.

Republican officials have been inundated with calls from worried activists and donors who complain about constant Biden ads in their local media markets, with very few paid Trump responses, according to people familiar with the conversations. Some Republicans close to Trump have been baffled at the decision to sharply curb advertising and have told the president he should change course.

The complaints have upended the dynamics that dominated much of the race so far. With less than eight weeks before Election Day, the once-lean Biden campaign is flush with cash, while the massive Trump operation is facing tough budgetary decisions down the stretch that have increased tensions around the president.

Even with the outside group spending, Democrats have been able to dominate the airwaves where the election will probably be decided. Between Aug. 10 and Sept. 7, pro-Biden efforts outspent pro-Trump efforts by a margin of $9.3 million to $560,000 in Michigan, $17.7 million to $6.1 million in Pennsylvania and $20.5 million to $7.8 million in Florida.

Idiots:  He'll run the country like he runs his businesses!  

Narrator:  His campaign squandered a billion dollars in six months.  

All the talk about Trump’s campaign money running low reminds me that James Carville called Trump’s campaign managers “a pack of grifters” back in May.  Maybe he was on to something?

There’s something wonderful about the idea of Trump’s campaign getting by taken for millions by a bunch of frauds feeding him happy lies he wants to hear.  

"Even with the outside group spending, Democrats have been able to dominate the airwaves where the election will probably be decided. Between Aug. 10 and Sept. 7, pro-Biden efforts outspent pro-Trump efforts by a margin of $9.3 million to $560,000 in Michigan, $17.7 million to $6.1 million in Pennsylvania and $20.5 million to $7.8 million in Florida."

Does that include online media spending as well? Or just the "airwaves" (tv spend) as theyre saying in the 1st sentence? considering what happened in 2016, online media spending may be a better indicator

18 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

"Even with the outside group spending, Democrats have been able to dominate the airwaves where the election will probably be decided. Between Aug. 10 and Sept. 7, pro-Biden efforts outspent pro-Trump efforts by a margin of $9.3 million to $560,000 in Michigan, $17.7 million to $6.1 million in Pennsylvania and $20.5 million to $7.8 million in Florida."

Does that include online media spending as well? Or just the "airwaves" (tv spend) as theyre saying in the 1st sentence? considering what happened in 2016, online media spending may be a better indicator

That's a good question and I believe the answer is just TV.  A separate part of the article states:

Trump continues to outspend Biden online, according to data collected by Bully Pulpit Interactive, a Democratic firm, spending $59 million on Facebook and Google between Aug. 8 and Sept. 5, compared with $43.3 million by Biden. But much of the digital spending for both campaigns is aimed at non-swing states like California, New York or Texas, suggesting the ads are focused on fundraising, not persuading voters or driving turnout.

It doesn't go into how much outside groups like PACS spent on digital.  Overall, a poorly written article.  

24 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Arab countries are getting on board (however briefly, like 2 months) with making nice with Israel. Both right wing Israel and Arab countries want another Trump term. Assholes!

Will all that is going on, do you think anything that happens in Bahrain is moving the needle?

Questions about online ads: I'm getting hammered with online ads from Frietas (Virginia Senate opponent of Spanberger) - those little pop-up ads that auto-play on sites.

Does it cost more to have the ad play in full? Or, do they pay the same amount regardless of how long the ad plays? Also, is there an additional charge if I replay the ad? 

Considering I have now heard "These Gotcha books don't interest me that much" from 3 different right-wing talk show hosts in the last few hours, as well as starting to see that same exact statement on social media for the usual types, looks like the memo/messaging went out sometime in the last 24hrs to just simply not address the words of Donald Trump and instead refer to it as a "gotcha book"  LOL.    The white flag once again is being waved. 

27 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

Questions about online ads: I'm getting hammered with online ads from Frietas (Virginia Senate opponent of Spanberger) - those little pop-up ads that auto-play on sites.

Does it cost more to have the ad play in full? Or, do they pay the same amount regardless of how long the ad plays? Also, is there an additional charge if I replay the ad? 

Question about your question:  Are you volunteering as tribute to watch GOP ads in full in order to waste the campaign's money?  

Not all heroes wear capes.  :ols:

Archived