Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

always need to be attentive to the reality that the entire gop congress knwos the score on everything about this admin all along and is not juts helping, but has been necessary and instrumental in pulling off what he has to date...because they know the "republican base" is fully his

he's what they've long waited for, someone who truly is a "rich and famous" version of so many of them

while he gave a good case on his accomplishments as a big part of the obama admin's salvaging of the economy last time, biden's barely getting through tapper's pressing him on some of his economic policy record from a pov of a 'blue collar midwest' worker ala those the dmes lost in the 'firewall' states

he gets flustered on nafta and china polices and switches over to attack trump on those issues, not all that smoothly either...jake pressed him throughout and he came off so-so...now it's still light years ahead of trump level and even not that diff form flusters i've seen form julain castro or booker or harris or amy or etc

I don’t get the hang ups on NAFTA and trade policies for democrats.  The party is traditionally pro worker, and they need to remember that.  Every trade deal should be for American workers first and foremost.  That’s what the working class wants to hear, and that what the vast majority of the big tent does too.  The US is so far behind the developed world on the working class.  No living wages, horrible benefits, over priced health care... and now the entire government seems to be happy to watch offshoring jobs happen while still dishing out corporate welfare and tax benefits.

This should be an easy issue to win for democrats.  It’s maddening to think the Democratic Party is losing working class votes to republicans.  

1 hour ago, DCranon21 said:

I tried to listen to his Press Conference, can't do it. He opened up with a lie and just using more word salad with a heavy cup of lies as the dressing.

You shoulda waited for the fruit. :) 

image.png.00207ce536fbfd11f30947e12ed6a8cc.png

1 hour ago, visionary said:

Uh oh!

Looks like someone might be joining Susan Collins soon in writing a letter to the Trump WH that expresses lots of sort of strongly worded semi-disapproval (complete with frown emojis) and may even hint at some vague potential action taken if Trump does it 315 more times...maybe. But only after they've listened to the interviews another 20 times and taken time to stew pensively about it while pacing. 

33 minutes ago, Destino said:

I don’t get the hang ups on NAFTA and trade policies for democrats.  The party is traditionally pro worker, and they need to remember that.  Every trade deal should be for American workers first and foremost.  That’s what the working class wants to hear, and that what the vast majority of the big tent does too.  The US is so far behind the developed world on the working class.  No living wages, horrible benefits, over priced health care... and now the entire government seems to be happy to watch offshoring jobs happen while still dishing out corporate welfare and tax benefits.

This should be an easy issue to win for democrats.  It’s maddening to think the Democratic Party is losing working class votes to republicans.  

They want tech and wall street money while needing blue collar and union votes.  Full throated change won't happen until grassroots donations completely displace bundler fundraising at every level.  

2 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Damn, no Chucks. What a disaster. 😁

That was the coolest thing ever 🤣I wasn't her biggest fan, but that helped endear her to me. 

(And sensible shoes are the staple point for a sensible woman. I miss my espadrilles, had em in about 6 colors in the 80s.) 

11 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

>>>It's hard to recall a candidate whose support was more concentrated among 50-64 year olds than Trump's has been all year.<<<

The heart of Gen Xers and those younger boomers.

And yet Trump seems to be trying his damnedest to get as many of them killed as possible these days.

tenor.gif

1 minute ago, FuriousD said:

Just saw a bumper sticker that said, MAKE LYING WRONG AGAIN...  and frankly, I found myself smiling and wincing at the same time.  The bar is sooo low these days. 

At the very least, I think we should demand a better class of liar. 

23 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

>>>It's hard to recall a candidate whose support was more concentrated among 50-64 year olds than Trump's has been all year.<<<

The heart of Gen Xers and those younger boomers.

Not really.  GEN Xers might twchnicaly be as old as 55 but most people don't consider themselves Gen X unless they were born 1970 or later. Boomers are Trumps base. 

8 minutes ago, FuriousD said:

Just saw a bumper sticker that said, MAKE LYING WRONG AGAIN...  and frankly, I found myself smiling and wincing at the same time.  The bar is sooo low these days. 

It really is, isn't it?

I'm at the point where I'd just take a person at POTUS who is capable of acting like an adult.

Hell, I'd probably crawl through broken glass to vote for George W. Bush at this point if he were somehow the one on the ballot against Trump. That's some scary ****. 

Archived