Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

I'm reading FL has had a record of early votes cast, and apparently they report early votes first. So there's a good chance Biden is leading FL once Nov. 3rd ends, regardless of the final outcome. Don't think he can win without FL, so I can see him walking back those words pretty quickly

When Obama was elected in 2008 he went out of his way to try and work with the GOP those first two years.  A lot of people suggest it was much to the detriment of the policy(s) he actually wanted to, and likely could have passed if he just flexed his muscle with the Dems in charge of the House & Senate.  I understand why he did it at the time, and I still partially think it was the correct thing to do given the situation.

That ends if Biden wins, Dems flips the senate & retain the house.   There is just too much that immediately needs to be reversed, thrown out, and fixed that happened in the last 4 years.  I am not even necessarily talking about legislation specifically, but as far as the institutions and processes are being worked right now.  In fact, I would probably suggest besides a stimulus package, tax plan, making further improvements to healthcare, and getting to work on repairing foreign policy ally partnership, our actual institutions are in the most need of attention and repair.

15 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

I'm reading FL has had a record of early votes cast, and apparently they report early votes first. So there's a good chance Biden is leading FL once Nov. 3rd ends, regardless of the final outcome. Don't think he can win without FL, so I can see him walking back those words pretty quickly

Florida will Florida on election night. I actually expect Trump to win Florida for that reason. 

1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

That ends if Biden wins, Dems flips the senate & retain the house.   There is just too much that immediately needs to be reversed, thrown out, and fixed that happened in the last 4 years.  I am not even necessarily talking about legislation specifically, but as far as the institutions and processes are being worked right now.  In fact, I would probably suggest besides a stimulus package, tax plan, making further improvements to healthcare, and getting to work on repairing foreign policy ally partnership, our actual institutions are in the most need of attention and repair.

we are looking at the busiest first 100 days in history. The House is just going to be pumping **** over to the senate to get it on Biden’s desk. 

As I said, they have about a year and a half to reshape this country and pass a new voting a rights act before the midterms. 2 years of gop propaganda and a likely Dem complacency in the base could make this admin nothing but a speed bump on the road to fascism. It has to be corrected and prevented fast. 

48 minutes ago, visionary said:

checks and balances is proving woefully inadequate.  Trump appointed a saboteur to run the post office , which has defied the courts and congress.  His executive branch is now arguing states aren’t protected against it.  

republicans really are willing to sacrifice democracy to win.  I’m not talking about their leadership either.  I mean their voters.

20 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

I still will never believe in Florida. But if he's pulling money. Then Biden and Friends needs to double down there, especially with ads in Spanish.

Apparently, The ads in Florida will continue.  They're just being paid for by the RNC, instead of Trump.  

I suppose maybe that indicates that Trump thinks he's lost Florida, but the RNC hopes to hang on to down ballot races.  But there's other explanations, too.  

2 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Remember how when you were little and got out of school for Christmas it seemed like it took forever for Christmas to come? 

thats this week x 10. 

Aw, man...I've only got 2 errands to run tomorrow & nothing pressing to do for the rest of the week.  I plan on sleeping a lot & watching a lot of Family Guy/Forensic Files/whatever else. 

Archived