Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

6 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Joe can say, I will look at instituting reforms to prevent what has happened from happening again. It will not be just one thing but a series of reforms. We must get the extreme politics out of the judiciary.

This is pretty much what he has said in referring to his bipartisan commission to study how to balance the court. It provides him cover now and later if he expands the court since he can say it was the result of a bipartisan commission or something similar. 

17 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

This is pretty much what he has said in referring to his bipartisan commission to study how to balance the court. It provides him cover now and later if he expands the court since he can say it was the result of a bipartisan commission or something similar. 

I wonder what happens if the result is disunity and dueling recommendations or a rejection of any sweeping changes.  Hopefully the people who are picked are able to come to a consensus and can get along and come up with something that matters and is legally/politically defensible.

55 minutes ago, visionary said:

Yeah, I was thinking that, myself.  

At this stage, there aren't enough minds to change, to be worth the effort.  

But maybe you can inspire people who are leaning your way, to get off their butts in Election Day.  Less changing minds, more increasing turnout.  

And yeah, I've read that there's a lot of Latinos in surprisingly-close-Texas that haven't voted yet.  (Which is kinda surprising to me.  Four years of listening to Donald Trump encouraging racism hasn't motivated them?)  

I do wonder whether TV ad buys are an effective way of getting out the vote, as opposed to in-person interaction.  

2 hours ago, visionary said:

I wonder what happens if the result is disunity and dueling recommendations or a rejection of any sweeping changes.  Hopefully the people who are picked are able to come to a consensus and can get along and come up with something that matters and is legally/politically defensible.

It said bipartisan panel.  Not equally represented bipartisan panel. You just weight it with Dems and have the report come out to expand the court and you are good to go.  

There's academic literature on this. Late campaign ads can have a larger effect because they'll target people who may not have voted, but can be persuaded to show up at the last minute.

Bloomberg has been doing good work since 2018. His money alone forces Republicans to spend in places they don't want to, and with Biden/Dems raking in huge donations from small donors, this has led to quite a funding advantage for Democratic candidates.

At this point, I don't know what else could have been done to take down Trump. And if he still wins, god help us all.

19 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Trump is doing 3 rallies today. Michigan, Wisconsin and Nebraska. That's nuts. 

What are they putting in his Big Macs. This dude should have died 5 times over by now with this schedule, his age, his health, his diet.

He has a lot of energy for a guy his age.  That is the only compliment he gets from me.

12 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Bloomberg should be dropping massive as buys in PA, FL, GA and TX. 

He already dropped a ton in FL, which really depleted Trump's cash reserves combating it. TX and OH are his final push.

I think Dems already have massive campaign spending in PA.

Not sure about GA. I haven't seen Democrats go really hard after voters in GA, maybe the internals aren't as strong as the polls suggest.

49 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Trump is doing 3 rallies today. Michigan, Wisconsin and Nebraska. That's nuts. 

What are they putting in his Big Macs. This dude should have died 5 times over by now with this schedule, his age, his health, his diet.

Not an endorsement of Trump, but I respect the energy.  To be able to do that is taxing for anyone, no matter what their age is.  And also, the anger he harbors and the anger people direct towards him, it would be a lot for anyone.  

That said, I do believe he's hopped up on Adderall or other stimulants. 

49 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Not an endorsement of Trump, but I respect the energy.  To be able to do that is taxing for anyone, no matter what their age is.  And also, the anger he harbors and the anger people direct towards him, it would be a lot for anyone.  

That said, I do believe he's hopped up on Adderall or other stimulants. 

It worked for the Nazis on their first go around so they figured it would work on their return.

Archived