Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

15 minutes ago, visionary said:

Wait...hold up.  

The hypocrisy of the anti-abortion group seems to know no bounds. "You can't do that!" they scream for decades! Then the feckless bunker boy uses a drug as a result of said "You can't do that!" research and they can't wait to make it acceptable. Nothing but a bunch a ****ing idiots. Absolutely pathetic. 

And that post-vote massage was so awesome.  (My best friend here for almost 30 years, she's the best in the local area and usually overbooked, but we managed to work out a monthly schedule 🥰). 

Her husband is a bass player who used to tease me about being a Repub from the stage back in the 90s...he always followed it up by saying, "She's got a short left leg, she just doesn't know it yet." :ols: 

20 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

The hypocrisy of the anti-abortion group seems to know no bounds. "You can't do that!" they scream for decades! Then the feckless bunker boy uses a drug as a result of said "You can't do that!" research and they can't wait to make it acceptable. Nothing but a bunch a ****ing idiots. Absolutely pathetic. 

You should probably read the article. The summary in the tweet is clickbait nonsense and completely misrepresents his own organization's reporting. 

Only one of the pro life groups they reached out to replied that way... Sort of.

2 minutes ago, techboy said:

You should probably read the article. The summary in the tweet is clickbait onsense and completely misrepresents his own organization's reporting.

And what makes you think I did not read the article??  Because I did not come away with your interpretation??  Bad to make assumptions, because, well you know the rest..... 

So yes  I did read the article and it's actually worse but I decided not to get into the details. But since I must - they are playing semantics by saying "We will not engage in this controversy". And then try to further justify not doing their standard scream crazy **** by changing the definition of fetal tissue. They certainly had no problems with screaming like the crazy ****s that they are before? And then the say it's OK since Trump and his doctors did not do the abortion themselves. Give me a ****ing break. 

I stand by my original comments. The entire lot of anti-abortion nut cases are ****nig idiots and thier hypocrisy knows no bounds. 

14 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

And what makes you think I did not read the article??  Because I did not come away with your interpretation??  Bad to make assumptions, because, well you know the rest..... 

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt with my original statement. I really didn't want to suggest any of the alternatives. I still don't.

You are correct that there is some element of dodging there. In truth, it reminded me most of NOW and other feminist groups doing backflips to support an ally, Bill Clinton, when he was credibly accused of things that would have had them howling with rage were it Newt Gingrich.

People don't like to undercut their own causes. That's politics.

If, however, you think that this:

[Quote]

In Regeneron's testing of the drug, the fetal cells were used to create virus particles that mimicked the coronavirus. Those, in turn, were tested on mice antibodies and antibodies from a live human donor who had recovered from COVID-19.

According to MIT Technology Review, most scientists don't view HEK 293T cells as fetal cells because of how many times they've been divided, changed, and used over the past few decades.

"It's how you want to parse it," Alexandra Bowie, a spokeswoman for Regeneron, told the MIT Technology Review. "But the 293T cell lines available today are not considered fetal tissue, and we did not otherwise use fetal tissue."

A Regeneron representative previously told Insider these cells "are immortalized epithelial cells, not stem cells, embryonic stem cells, or fetal tissue." [/Quote]

And this 

[Quote]However, each group told Insider they would not engage in this controversy — some because they said they believed the cells used in testing bore little connection to the 1972 abortion and others because the antibody ****tail itself didn't contain traces of fetal tissue.[/quote]

are the same as what was in that tweet, or worse, I don't know what to tell you.

Trump is absolutely a hypocrite on abortion. I can't prove it, but I'd bet good money that he's paid, cajoled, and bullied countless women into getting them.

THIS issue, though, has a lot more nuance than extremists (pro-choice OR pro-life) would have you believe.

Or clickbaiting managing editors of Business Insider.

15 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Edit, add:  am I adding too many posts together? :silly:

I appreciate your attempt to defuse the situation with humor, but @goskins10's posts are the FINAL STRAW! I was going to vote for Biden, but now I have no choice.

I'M VOTING FOR TRUMP. 

Don't blame me... @goskins10forced me to do this.

Now to set up a Twitter account. I need to share this with the world!

1 minute ago, dchogs said:

just typing that must have been hard, @techboy...

Not really, but I didn't actually pull it off, either. My spelling and grammar was too good.

This was actually a problem several years ago. I'm a special education teacher, and back when the SOL writing test was done on paper, some sped kids got the accommodation of using a computer with spell check. So they didn't stand out, later teachers had to transcribe the typed essays exactly. This led to silly things like being forced to leave weird blanks if a kid hit the space bar a few times.

The thing I struggled with the most, though, is that my brain's "auto-correct" kept accidentally fixing their spelling and grammar.

@techboy   I still disagree about the article only in that I was not there to debate the nuances. There is proof that the anti-abortion folks are keen to play word games and use semantics to justify their ever fluctuating position. 

You seem to be hung up on the tweet not fully reflecting the content of the article. I agree it does not have full content. The company thinks they did not use fetal tissue by their definition. But that has nothing to do with the anti-abortion floppers response that they don't want to get into the controversy. That's a cop out. Why not say "There is no controversy as the tissue used was not truly fetal tissue"  They did not. 

I agree the use of embryonic tissue overall, and specifically from aborted fetus is much more nuanced than is typically discussed. However, the point of the tweet was still valid. Both can be true. 

Edit: No intent to respond after this - at least not here. Glad to continue in the abortion thread (I think there is one.)

32 minutes ago, techboy said:

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt with my original statement. I really didn't want to suggest any of the alternatives. I still don't.

You are correct that there is some element of dodging there. In truth, it reminded me most of NOW and other feminist groups doing backflips to support an ally, Bill Clinton, when he was credibly accused of things that would have had them howling with rage were it Newt Gingrich.

People don't like to undercut their own causes. That's politics.

If, however, you think that this:

[Quote]

In Regeneron's testing of the drug, the fetal cells were used to create virus particles that mimicked the coronavirus. Those, in turn, were tested on mice antibodies and antibodies from a live human donor who had recovered from COVID-19.

According to MIT Technology Review, most scientists don't view HEK 293T cells as fetal cells because of how many times they've been divided, changed, and used over the past few decades.

"It's how you want to parse it," Alexandra Bowie, a spokeswoman for Regeneron, told the MIT Technology Review. "But the 293T cell lines available today are not considered fetal tissue, and we did not otherwise use fetal tissue."

A Regeneron representative previously told Insider these cells "are immortalized epithelial cells, not stem cells, embryonic stem cells, or fetal tissue." [/Quote]

And this 

[Quote]However, each group told Insider they would not engage in this controversy — some because they said they believed the cells used in testing bore little connection to the 1972 abortion and others because the antibody ****tail itself didn't contain traces of fetal tissue.[/quote]

are the same as what was in that tweet, or worse, I don't know what to tell you.

Trump is absolutely a hypocrite on abortion. I can't prove it, but I'd bet good money that he's paid, cajoled, and bullied countless women into getting them.

THIS issue, though, has a lot more nuance than extremists (pro-choice OR pro-life) would have you believe.

Or clickbaiting managing editors of Business Insider.

The only problem with their position is that if they had their way, this treatment likely wouldn’t exist at all.

Well, our votes are in the bag. We got there around 7:30 and there was already a line of a hundred or so people. It took us about two hours to get in. When we left, the line snaked all the way around the parking lot on the left side of the picture below and out to the sidewalk.

Go to hell Tя☭mp. Go directly to hell. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200. Go directly to hell.

AC4C2BA2-48AF-4F55-8266-13128B438D0E.jpeg

Archived