Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

Hillary Clinton, I'll give you.  Jimmy Carter.......why are people even asking him at this point?  Leave the man alone while he builds homes for habitat for humanity. 

I got nothing against him 

other than what we’re talking about

For some reason republicans hate him. I never got it but never really looked into it. 

I feel like at this point there is little much more Biden can do or show to get it across to the American people that there is a mad-man in the White House, and unfortunately we need another elderly white guy to take his place temporarily.   All we can bank on now is that Trump gets crazier and crazier as the election gets closer and while his die-hards will love him even more for it, hopefully it sheds off enough...."omg what did I help do in 2016" regretful voters.   I feel like we are already at the point that if you still support Trump there is little to nothing he could do to lose it. 

4 minutes ago, tshile said:

Your post? The thing I made the funny emoji on?

got a problem? Do something about it?

You mean like vote? Unlike you? Clearly more effective then looking like a massive jackass, and thinking it's funny on top of it.

But it's really my fault, thinking you are capable of more, when you are clearly stuck at this perpetual sad ass level 

Just now, tshile said:

I don’t get it. Does he have a bigger lead? I’m missing something here?

Every time new polls are released showing Trump losing, the same characters point to 2016 showing Hillary winning right up to election.  What they fail to mention is that all those polls actually showed Trump pulling into the margin of error in battleground states by election day.  So the polls weren't ever really wrong, or at least not as off as some folks would like everyone to believe.  Even the 2020 polls showing Biden up, it is the same thing for a lot of them. He is up, but Trump is within margin of error, which I believe is what, 3% ?

3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

You mean like vote? Unlike you? Clearly more effective then looking like a massive jackass, and thinking it's funny on top of it.

But it's really my fault, thinking you are capable of more, when you are clearly stuck at this perpetual sad ass level 

I do vote. 

I laughed at your post because in the mist of a conversation about people not declaring trump an illegitimate president, you came in and literally said it. And I thought it was funny. I genuinely thought it was funny. It wasn’t trolling. 

but there’s obviously something wrong with you. Cause you went all mr internet tough guy over it😂

it’s cool. You’re not hard to figure out. Carry on!

Just now, tshile said:

I do vote. 

I laughed at your post because in the mist of a conversation about people not declaring trump and illegitimate president, you came in and literally said it. And I thought it was funny. 

but there’s obviously something wrong with you. Cause you went all mr internet tough guy over it😂

it’s cool. You’re not hard to figure out. Carry on!

"Mr tough guy", says someone who told me if I don't like something, do something about it? Yeah, sure...

Stay at that level tho. You do good work there.

My cousin who's a few months younger than I and lives in Williamsport PA told me today that she's still undecided. Since her dad is a far right wing Limbaugh Republican, she's been brainwashed her entire life. I am soooo glad my parents moved when I was young enough to miss the brainwashing. My parents were both Republicans and luckily my mom woke up later in life.

11 minutes ago, tshile said:

For some reason republicans hate him. I never got it but never really looked into it. 

It was his foreign policy at the time, Zbig (Mika's dad) was his NSA.

(And everyone hated the conservationist that he was..."put on a sweater, etc.) If anyone asks how I "get by on the cheap", I know how to save on small stuff so I can enjoy the occasional vacation. 

Thank you, Mr. Carter. 🙏

Just now, tshile said:

I fully believe in jumbos quote. Something about reserving the right to meet you at the level you bring me

I'll meet you at a decent place as soon as you tell me who abused/bullied/abandoned you as a child. Maybe we can get past it, and you can actually be sn adult finally, and not hide behind emojis.

16 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Every time new polls are released showing Trump losing, the same characters point to 2016 showing Hillary winning right up to election.

Ok. Yeah I used to also have a problem with the 2016 polls. Then I read Nate silvers 10(?) article series on it and understood. 

Just now, Mr. Sinister said:

I'll meet you at a decent place as soon as you tell me who abused/bullied/abandoned you as a child. Maybe we can get past it, and you can actually be sn adult finally, and not hide behind emojis.

See! I was right! Even with a full explanation you still think I was trolling you. 

I think at this point this is a “you” problem to figure out. I wish you luck 

17 minutes ago, tshile said:

I'm currently reading a book called "Reaganland" by Rick Perlstein, who has written previous books about the ascendance of conservatism in the 60s and 70s, from Goldwater to Nixon to Reagan. This whole book focuses on Carter's presidency. I haven't gotten very far through it, but I get the sense so far that Carter was trying to please too many people. Of course, stagflation and the Iran hostage crisis doomed his presidency, and the only other incumbent that has lost since (GHWB) was in the third term of one party occupying the WH and had to run against a political rock star in Clinton. That's why I still think Trump is going to win, but man is he really pushing the envelope and seemingly trying his best not to. 

41 minutes ago, tshile said:

calling into question the legitimacy of the election process without proof is absolutely despicable. And you all know it because you said the same things about trump for doing it prior to the 2016 election. And you’ve said the same things about him saying this election is rigged too. And you’ve said it about the politicians/groups that have pushed any number of bogus law changes, for filings claiming fraud they have no evidence exists. 

I specifically recall referring to John Lewis doing it as scum when he went on tv shows claiming he was not a legitimate president right after the election. Trythebeal wasn’t happy with me

there was actual reason to believe he wasn't and question it at the time and only more has come to light to further confirm that notion since then. 

On the other hand, voter fraud there is like 1,071 documented examples which may seem like a lot but considering like 400 million votes are cast over a decade, it’s hardly noteworthy or something to start basing claims of illegitimacy on, particularly declaring this before the election even occurs. 

1 minute ago, tshile said:

Ok. Yeah I used to also have a problem with the 2016 polls. Then I read Nate silvers 10(?) article series on it and understood. 

See! I was right! Even with a full explanation you still think I was trolling you. 

I think at this point this is a “you” problem to figure out. I wish you luck 

I wish you health

6 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

there was actual reason to believe he wasn't and question it at the time and only more has come to light to further confirm that notion since then. 

I don’t believe anything has come to light that suggests the votes counted were not the votes cast. Nor that votes cast werent counted. 

the sole criticism hinges on how Russia trolled a portion of our country into believe a bunch of nonsense that wasn’t true. Both in terms of anti-Clinton and in terms of drumming up false support for trump on the internet. 

the legal issue revolves around whether trump worked with them. The collusion aspect. 

but there was never any evidence of election fraud. There was never any evidence out for that suggested the outcome of the election was fraudulent; that Trump did not win the electoral college. There was never any evidence the election process was fraudulent or altered. 

(edit: I agree with the other part of your post)

9 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

I'm currently reading a book called "Reaganland" by Rick Perlstein, who has written previous books about the ascendance of conservatism in the 60s and 70s, from Goldwater to Nixon to Reagan. This whole book focuses on Carter's presidency. I haven't gotten very far through it, but I get the sense so far that Carter was trying to please too many people. Of course, stagflation and the Iran hostage crisis doomed his presidency, and the only other incumbent that has lost since (GHWB) was in the third term of one party occupying the WH and had to run against a political rock star in Clinton. That's why I still think Trump is going to win, but man is he really pushing the envelope and seemingly trying his best not to. 

I think Carter was also one of the final victims in the battle to usher in Reaganism/trickle-down economics.  Until then, FDR's New Deal was the prevailing model, which built the middle class and attempted to keep things in somewhat check.  There was a huge push behind the scenes that they needed to tear down every part of the new deal systmatically over the years. One of Rush Limbaugh's most famous earlier career quotes on his show was "Roosevelt is dead....his policies live on, but we're going to do something about that too."  Carter ended up being scapegoat in some sense of what had been nearly a 50 year messaging campaign against the more collectivism vision of FDR.  Much like what we are seeing from Trump and the modern GOP is a result of the 30+ years of right-wing media post-Reagan.   Reaganism was really only scratching the surface of where these oligarchs and autocrats want to eventually take the country back to.

1 minute ago, tshile said:

but there was never any evidence of election fraud. There was never any evidence out for that suggested the outcome of the election was fraudulent; that Trump did not win the electoral college. 

i wouldn’t consider votes being tampered with or not counted or specific “election fraud” as the only thing that can make a presidential candidate illegitimate. 

i think working hand in hand with a foreign adversary, delivering campaign polling data to a Russian agent to use, coordinating with a front for russian intel  to release stolen information at key times to benefit you and hurt your opponent etc are all types of “election fraud” that warrant the idea that you didn’t win legitimately. 

10 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

SETTLE DOWN, ALL OF YOU. This is not the time, nor the place. 

We need each other.

Let's never forget that. 

Archived