Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20- Democracy’s Savior Joe vs Super Spreader Dictator Donald

8 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

was a poor attempt at humor.

You are probably right. The problem is he uses that excuse when he just plain screws up. So it's hard to tell when he is making a poor joke or just that ****ing stupid. 

Edited by goskins10
  • Like 1
55 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Let's be real, if Trump loses then the governor is gone as the next step (in what, 2 more years?).

Let's be real.  After 8 years of W, the massive Blue uprising of outrage lasted 2 years, before handing both houses of Congress back to Team R.  

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Larry said:

Let's be real.  After 8 years of W, the massive Blue uprising of outrage lasted 2 years, before handing both houses of Congress back to Team R.  

This is true. Democrats are dumb like that. With their silly platitudes. If Biden happens to win, they'll find some way to be upset with him. "He isn't liberal enough!", "He didn't fulfill his promises!" or something else dumb like that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

This could go in various different post but putting it here because it's about Harris' seat replacement.

https://www.ocregister.com/2020/09/01/rep-katie-porter-is-open-to-filling-kamala-harris-senate-seat-if-harris-becomes-veep/

September 3, 2020 at 1:17 p.m.
Rep. Katie Porter of Irvine says she’s grateful to hear her name included in talks about who Gov. Gavin Newsom might appoint to fill Kamala Harris’ Senate seat if Harris is elected vice president in November.

And Porter said Friday that she’s definitely open to the idea of moving from the House to the Senate. “I can’t imagine saying no to any position in which I could make a real difference in people’s lives.”

I need to live in a world where this happens.  Apparently she's considered to have an outside chance cause she flipped an Orange county district and she's white (Dems better tread carefully with how far they go in this line of thought).  I don't care.  She's a superstar.  She's one of the future of the party and needs to be fast tracked to party center stage in everyway possible.  Give her Harris' seat.  Primary out Feinstein.  Make her a prominent cabinet member.  Something.  The fact that she'll be among the first vulnerable house members when national sentiment swings back to GOP in that OC district is another reason why she should be given a bigger platform pronto.

Edited by bearrock
  • Like 7
2 hours ago, Springfield said:

Well I know that @Larry is a person of honor and I was trying to explain why I have no problem with Hunter Biden on some company's board as a son of Joe.

Say my kid has a degree in automotive engineering and I know the CEO of Ford. I know for sure, I'll call up the CEO of Ford and say, "Hey, my kid has a degree in your field, why don't you hire him?"... and further, say I am publicly notable and my kid has a degree in automotive engineering and Elon Musk somehow finds out about him and hires him to get in my good graces, no big deal. Wont make me do illegal things for Elon Musk, but certainly will make me like him a little more.

Let's be real, if Trump loses then the governor is gone as the next step (in what, 2 more years?).

You would hope Desantis loses in 22. We will find out which governors win reelection. Those who were more strict during the pandemic or those who were following Trump and open things quickly.

The thing is the Burisma stuff was already investigated by the GOP led Senate intelligence committee and they found nothing wrong about it.  This whole NY Post laptop story sounds like it is pretty much a case where Rudy was working with foreign agents/spies/hackers to get a hold of Hunter's personal information/emails/etc etc and when they did they concocted the "Computer repair shop" story as a way to claim this is all circumstance that it got into the public by coincidence.   The story already has so many holes in it.  

Bottomline is, Hunter Biden very likely got his job on that board due to nepotism.  It's no secret that gov't officials look to give their children cushy jobs that pay them well.   The problem with the way the media handles stories like this is they never frame things in context, they go for the most sensationalist approach.   If we had a real media, the first thing they would do when handed this story (and this is assuming they don't outright reject running with it in the first place) is identify what the meat of the story is, which is Hunter Biden got a job because of his last name.  Ok wonderful....no law broken, nothing out of the norm.  So if you decide to run with the story, you  better have some context as in pulling up data on every congressmen, Senator, governor, PRESIDENT etc etc....that has handed their children or other family jobs.  

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Springfield said:

This is true. Democrats are dumb like that. With their silly platitudes. If Biden happens to win, they'll find some way to be upset with him. "He isn't liberal enough!", "He didn't fulfill his promises!" or something else dumb like that.

I suspect a big part of Obama losing Congress two years into his term, was that he didn't fix the steaming mess he inherited in less than two years. 

Good thing Biden won't have that problem. 

13 minutes ago, visionary said:

My brother just went down from Rehoboth to MD and said he saw a ton of Trump signs out in the country (he said more than he remembers ever seeing before) and very few masks.  

My working theory in MD is that people that voted for him last year didn’t feel comfortable putting signage up. This year they are comfortable with it and putting it out. 

Also, southern MD can be very rural and the target demographic for him. 

33 minutes ago, GoSkinsGo said:

My working theory in MD is that people that voted for him last year didn’t feel comfortable putting signage up. This year they are comfortable with it and putting it out. 

Also, southern MD can be very rural and the target demographic for him. 

Yes. SoMD can be a crapfest

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Yesterday y’all were trashing Bmore and today you’re putting it on Salisbury.

Tough crowd.

I have a good friend who lives in Crisfield and works in Salisbury and she sees nothing but trump crap. Very large % of the Eastern Shore is trump territory. However, the state is overwhelmingly Dem. If trump wins Md it means we are totally ****ed. Last I saw biden was up by almost 30%. 

• Like 1