Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

8 hours ago, visionary said:

Unfortunately that seems pretty typical, although a dozen a day seems like a lot.  I remember getting dozens of emails for months from politicians I never even donated to.  Maybe they got my name from a list somewhere.

I dont hide how intentionally angry I get when someone texts me asking me if I'm going to support their candidate.

At first I think the big question everyone had about a candidate and whether or not a voter would support said candidate was simple: "Can they beat Trump?". Now, according to polling, a dried up, white turd that even flies won't eat can beat Trump. it has opened up the primary to candidate who would never have a chance and I think that is a good thing. Eventually, we will focus on one candidate and another question will become important: "Can they beat the GOP?".

I loved Obama, but I don't know why he completely rolled over for the GOP. I get that being the first black president put him on a short leash, but the GOP swore to never work with him from the beginning. Why he took their crap, I'll never really know, but I think that will pick our next nominee. Is this person going to take the GOP's BS, say thank you and roll in it or will they shut it down? I know Bernie won't take it, but Mayor Pete, Warren or Amy? I don't know. Beating Trump is the first step, but far from the last. We can take out the general, but we still have to take out his army.

44 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Then why did you donate

Certainly not because I wanted to be spammed by emails all day.

This is brought by the same person that said 'Then just vote for trump and get it over with'

Not sure what's up with you, but it's obnoxious.

36 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

You guys getting emails ain't using Gmail? Automatically sending promotional emails into their own inbox is a godsend.

I am not putting a google app on my phone :(

i'm using the mail app. i like it. this is one area the gmail app is better :( (not saying it's the only, just one that I am aware of)

6 hours ago, Simmsy said:

I loved Obama, but I don't know why he completely rolled over for the GOP. I get that being the first black president put him on a short leash, but the GOP swore to never work with him from the beginning. Why he took their crap, I'll never really know, but I think that will pick our next nominee. Is this person going to take the GOP's BS, say thank you and roll in it or will they shut it down? I know Bernie won't take it, but Mayor Pete, Warren or Amy? I don't know. Beating Trump is the first step, but far from the last. We can take out the general, but we still have to take out his army.

That's actually one of the reasons I loved Obama. He tried hard to be a bipartisan president even when the republican congress chose to be infantile about everything. Republican citizens staunchly refuse to acknowledge this but IMO he was actually the most bipartisan president of my lifetime.

(Bracing for impact because here they come....)

21 minutes ago, Chachie said:

That's actually one of the reasons I loved Obama. He tried hard to be a bipartisan president even when the republican congress chose to be infantile about everything. Republican citizens staunchly refuse to acknowledge this but IMO he was actually the most bipartisan president of my lifetime.

He was better than we deserve.

poor john kelly

wait until twa or noinney straighten him out for being so clueless on this vindman deal

speaking of which---i know it's old hat, but remember how all the congress-gopers acted, and how the conservatives here (more at that time) posted, on benghazi and really any hearings or topics they felt demanded them during the obama admin, or how livid they all were at janet reno for talking to bill on a plane? (which i and even most lefties here thought was a genuine issue/bad move)

:ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols:

but these multiple, serous, significant issues across the board from the trump admin are....different....good to see more chaffetz and pinhead trey again...i wish nothing but the absolute worst for those guys :)....same with cronyn again this a.m......some interventionists suggest he should go skull-**** himself with a tire-iron but i think he should try mike's conversion therapy first since those peeps believe if can affect most dramatic change at the deepest level and they would be the ones to know...yay the grand old party....overall, it's been a great movement in america over the last half-century-plus for those comfy with floating in sewage

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Liz campaign texted me yesterday to ask if I was available to knock on some doors next weekend.

”Sorry, I’m not a door-knocker”

It's one thing to say you accept volunteers, it's another to go through your call list asking folks if they can go door to door for you.  The later feels desperate, not grassroots.

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

It's one thing to say you accept volunteers, it's another to go through your call list asking folks if they can go door to door for you.  The later feels desperate, not grassroots.

I think this is common among Presidential campaign. I've even heard of people getting texts from campaigns they didn't donate to.

11 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

I think this is common among Presidential campaign. I've even heard of people getting texts from campaigns they didn't donate to.

Ya, I know, and we probably agree that common doesnt make it right.  I intentionally fry the inhibitor chip when they try that with me, I havent got one from Bernies campaign, but I will if it does jus on principle.  Htf did you get my number and steer that energy towards fixing Citizens United instead.

31 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

it’s incredible isn’t it? They only care when it’s other people doing it. 

big part of the reason I refuse to identify as the same party as them. You are the company you keep. I don’t want to be a hypocrite. 

24 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

poor john kelly

wait until twa or noinney straighten him out for being so clueless on this vindman deal

I have no problem with Kelly's comment or Vidman reporting to the appropriate people....nor with him testifying.

I do have issue with his conversation with Sondland and other actions that have been alleged  

I also have no problem with Trump removing him from the NSC

1 hour ago, Chachie said:

I thought W was 😎, I rank O just below him.

40 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Nah.  It felt pretty grassroots, really.  I’m just not that kind of supporter.

I was merely offering my experience, not complaining.

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Nah.  It felt pretty grassroots, really.  I’m just not that kind of supporter.

I was merely offering my experience, not complaining.

I'm glad you feel that way about her, I dont feel that way about Styer or Bloomberg, who the campaigns that cant take a hint.

I'll take my feelings off the air because that's really all they are.

30 minutes ago, twa said:

I also have no problem with Trump removing him from the NSC

Although it's ethically wrong, I think if I'd been serving within the State Dept. and called out my govt's leader I would expect to be ushered out the door. He was right to do it but nobody should be shocked at his "reassignment."

1 hour ago, Jumbo said:

poor john kelly

speaking of which---i know it's old hat, but remember how all the congress-gopers acted, and how the conservatives here (more at that time) posted, on benghazi and really any hearings or topics they felt demanded them during the obama admin, or how livid they all were at janet reno for talking to bill on a plane? (which i and even most lefties here thought was a genuine issue/bad move)

but these multiple, serous, significant issues across the board from the trump admin are....different....good to see more chaffetz and pinhead trey again...i wish nothing but the absolute worst for those guys :)....same with cronyn again this a.m......some interventionists suggest he should go skull-**** himself with a tire-iron but i think he should try mike's conversion therapy first since those peeps believe if can affect most dramatic change at the deepest level and they would be the ones to know...yay the grand old party....overall, it's been a great movement in america over the last half-century-plus for those comfy with floating in sewage

This is a rather clueless callout given my posting history on Trump. Especially when it comes to Kelly and Vindman or any idiotic Trump interaction with the military.

5 minutes ago, Chachie said:

I had my issues with Bush but I have to say I don't remember him being "overly" partisan. Some others here may be able to correct me on that.

I think both tried well above the mean, despite having issues with both.

Archived