Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

Anyway, Beto is returning to the campaign with a new approach. He is taking the fight directly to Trump. 

Beto O’Rourke plans to present himself to the country as a changed candidate on Thursday, with his presidential campaign recast as a moral crusade against President Trump in the aftermath of a mass shooting in El Paso, his hometown....

Mr. O’Rourke said he would now plan his political activities around confronting Mr. Trump in direct and personal terms, and highlighting what Mr. O’Rourke views as the injustices of Mr. Trump’s administration. He intends to seek out immigrant-rich towns to campaign in, and to make gun control a central issue...

He planned to follow the speech with a trip on Friday to Mississippi, where federal authorities recently detained hundreds of undocumented immigrants in raids targeting workers in the poultry industry....

Beyond his imminent trip to Mississippi, Mr. O’Rourke said he envisioned campaign trips to visit Muslim communities that Mr. Trump had demonized, as well as people who were in jail and certain parts of the country that voted heavily for Mr. Trump.

“More than ever,” Mr. O’Rourke said, “we have to run a national campaign.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/15/us/politics/beto-orourke-2020-trump.html

I don't know if this is the right idea to win a primary but he wants to make his case that he is the guy to take down Trump and he is going to bring the marginalized communities and groups that have been victimized by Trump with him. The 3rd debate is in his backyard of Houston where he cleaned up during the 18 Senate run.

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Looking forward for all the calls of Mayor Pete, Booker and Castro to drop out and run for Governor or prep for either 2020 or future Senate runs.

Well, Mayor Pete is from Indiana, so a statewide race would be incredibly tough for him.  Booker is already a Senator.   I guess Castro could run for Senate in 2020 or Gov in 2022.   

I'd very much like to see Beto drop out and run for Senate in Texas.  He could win given the right conditions.  I'm very happy to see Hickenlooper drop out and probably run for Senate.  Dems really need to recruit someone good to Maine, Georgia (with one obvious name) and NC.  The rest of the R Senate seats up this cycle seem pretty much locks. 

58 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I'd very much like to see Beto drop out and run for Senate in Texas.  He could win given the right conditions.  I'm very happy to see Hickenlooper drop out and probably run for Senate.  Dems really need to recruit someone good to Maine, Georgia (with one obvious name) and NC.  The rest of the R Senate seats up this cycle seem pretty much locks. 

We've talked about this before. IMO, nobody rides the coattails of a senate election as the presidential nominee. It starts at the top in a presidential election. 

If anyone thinks Beto can actually turnout the vote enough to win Texas as a Senator then he should be considered an even more valuable Presidential nominee where he would take the Senate seat with him and could do the same in other swing states. 

58 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Well, Mayor Pete is from Indiana, so a statewide race would be incredibly tough for him.

If Pete is good enough to be what many consider a top tier primary contender, he should be good enough to run for statewide office.  

We need quality candidates in red states to run and not abandon our base in these areas. We will concede these states to the GOP forever if good candidates are too afraid to run for any statewide seats. 

I dont think Pete brings anything to the table anyway so I think a statewide election would be good for him to cut his teeth and try to improve his minority support for future elections 

8 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

We've talked about this before. IMO, nobody rides the coattails of a senate election as the presidential nominee. It starts at the top in a presidential election. 

If anyone thinks Beto can actually turnout the vote enough to win Texas as a Senator then he should be considered an even more valuable Presidential nominee where he would take the Senate seat with him and could do the same in other swing states. 

Pointing out that this oft-repeated (and never supported) claim is based on the notion that every person who will vote for "Beto for Senate", will vote for "somebody else for President, and Beto is holding his clipboard".  

I will point out that it's at least possible that Beto could win a Senate race, but not deliver Texas.  (Heck, it's possible that Beto could win a Senate race, and not win Texas as the Presidential candidate.)  

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Well, Mayor Pete is from Indiana, so a statewide race would be incredibly tough for him.  Booker is already a Senator.   I guess Castro could run for Senate in 2020 or Gov in 2022.   

Arizona is, imo, the second most likely Dem flip, after Colorado.

Montana could be a good possibility if Bullock wold stop farting around with a Quixotic Presidential run.

Instead, benefits from what President Donald Trump called “the biggest reform of all time” to the tax code have dwindled to a faint breeze just 20 months after its enactment. Half of corporate chief financial officers surveyed by Duke University expect the economy to shrink by the second quarter of 2020. Two-thirds expect a recession by the end of next year.

Corporate executives blame the darkening outlook on Trump’s trade war with China. The president blames mismanagement by Jerome Powell, the Federal Reserve chairman he appointed.

On 8/14/2019 at 8:06 PM, Hooper said:

Trump has eventually ruined everything he has touched.

Not sure why anyone thought the economy would be different.

The irony is that Trump did what the GOP fear mongers about the Dems all the time. 

Presidents typically exert little influence on the economy on their own. But here we see Trump directly interfering in markets, waging a trade war that is hurting the economy, and all the GOP can do is shrug and express “disappointment “. 

Not only is he well on his way to tanking the economy, his party is blowing up the deficit and bailing out and subsidizing the sectors that they rely on votes for. 

The GOP is a parody of its own fears and incessant whining. The party of market interference, buying votes and garbage economic theories.

Archived