Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

No to Warren, Biden, Bernie, Clinton and the old guard. I’d like younger, charismatic and diverse candidates. 

Absolutely not to Warren, she would be the preferred candidate for Trump.  He'd LOVE to campaign against "Pocahontas."  Warren would push Trumplings to the booths in droves. 

Lemme get dat John Hickenlooper/Kamala Harris ticket  :wub:

27 minutes ago, Chew said:

Absolutely not to Warren, she would be the preferred candidate for Trump.  He'd LOVE to campaign against "Pocahontas."  Warren would push Trumplings to the booths in droves. 

Lemme get dat John Hickenlooper/Kamala Harris ticket  :wub:

I don't like his name. It seems silly but you need a strong name. Hickenlooper doesn't pass the test. 

I hate to say it, but we need a white man, in his 50s that's squeaky clean and moderate. Then a woman to balance the ticket. Maybe McCaskell, she is freed up and lost in a very Red state. Has moderate to liberal positions.

I want Kamala Harris to stay in the Senate. I don't want her distracted by a campaign.  I want Warren in the Senate. She might be the compromise candidate to keep Sanders out of the party.

2 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I hate to say it, but we need a white man, in his 50s that's squeaky clean and moderate. Then a woman to balance the ticket. Maybe McCaskell, she is freed up and lost in a very Red state. Has moderate to liberal positions.

I want Kamala Harris to stay in the Senate. I don't want her distracted by a campaign.  I want Warren in the Senate. She might be the compromise candidate to keep Sanders out of the party.

I don't agree with this at all.

Recent political results have not been friendly to the “safe, politically correct” candidate. They’ve been friendly to the outsider candidate that exudes authenticity. Obama won a MAJOR upset against Hillary in 08 because of how he delivered his message but also because he was different. Trump did the same in 2016 with his supporters (Trump of course is a serial liar but his supporters refuse to see it). Bernie, for a kooky near-octogenarian, did extremely well against Hillary in 2016 as well.

IMO experience and and fitting into the “white male” category is completely irrelevant to 2020 odds. Find the inspirational candidate. Find the candidate that you believe is honest and not at all tactical/political. Support the **** out of that person because that’s how candidates get people to the polls. 

People like Biden because of Obama nostalgia but also honesty. People like Beto because he’s inspirational. Elizabeth Warren doesn’t quite have “it” like those two but I do like her a lot. Same with Kamala. 

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Dude, we elected a guy named Barack Hussein Obama.  I think we can get past Hickenlooper.

I stand by it. Both Barack and Obama are short strong names. 

President Hickenlooper sounds ridiculous. It’s like 75 syllables. I’m all for the best candidate but that won’t even fit on a bumper sticker. 

Donald Trump

Barack Obama 

George Bush 

Bill Clinton 

George Bush

Ronald Reagan 

Jimmy Carter

Gerald Ford 

Richard Nixon

Lyndon Johnson

John F Kennedy 

John Hickenlooper? 

I think there is something to the name 

19 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Dems better have a woman on the ticket AND I'm already tired of Beto. He may be peaking a bit early. 

I haven’t heard a peep from him since the election. 

He is riding a wave much like Obama did after winning his Senator seat and getting rockstar status speaking at the DNC for Kerry. When you have the momentum you go for it. 

Beto needs to be on that ticket 

58 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I haven’t heard a peep from him since the election. 

He is riding a wave much like Obama did after winning his Senator seat and getting rockstar status speaking at the DNC for Kerry. When you have the momentum you go for it. 

Beto needs to be on that ticket 

He’s in the news a lot.

He really does not NEED to be on the ticket. The Dems have a strong group including a couple from the Midwest. At this point I can see Brown or Klobacher as a VP depending on who the top of the ticket is.

21 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

So I know this is a weird concept for the left but how about letting the voters decide who is on the ticket?  You know, like actual primaries without a thumb on the scale.

I don't even know what this means. The voters on the left always decide who is on the top of the ticket. 

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

We need a way to leave multiple laughing emojis.

Was the thumb on the scale to elect Obama in 2008? Or Bill Clinton in 92? Hillary won the vast majority of the actual primaries in 2016. Your narrative is false. Feel free to look up the results.  

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

Was the thumb on the scale to elect Obama in 2008? Or Bill Clinton in 92? Hillary won the vast majority of the actual primaries in 2016. Your narrative is false. Feel free to look up the results.  

The discussion has been had about 2016.  We can rehash again though.  2008 many would argue the thumb was on the scale for Hillary.  Obama was just awesome enough to overcome it.

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

The discussion has been had about 2016.  We can rehash again though.  2008 many would argue the thumb was on the scale for Hillary.  Obama was just awesome enough to overcome it.

You mean voters on the left decided who was on the ticket? I rest my case. 

The race on the left is wide open. 

Archived