Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

3 hours ago, No Excuses said:

There are plenty of Democrats fundraising without resorting to kissing ass in the upper east side. 

I'm confused, why is this bad again? Politicians (at least, successful ones) kiss ass.

On another note...Jumbo you must be a hell of a dad because dealing with these types of posters make me extremely pro-choice these days. 😁

6 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

I'm confused, why is this bad again? Politicians (at least, successful ones) kiss ass.

On another note...Jumbo you must be a hell of a dad because dealing with these types of posters make me extremely pro-choice these days. 😁

It’s part of the Bernie Bros programming.  Curiously, Trumps base also hates wealthy, elite city folk.

6 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

A big part of the problem is the perception of "That's what politicians do" and the pretty much universally accepted idea that catering to people with power, money and influence is what got the rest of us exactly where we are today. 

Its why Obama won, its why Trump won and it will be why he wins again if it comes down to that. You dont want it to come down to that. Thats why its bad. 

You can argue the validity of any of that until you are blue in the face. But the majority of Americans are struggling and the majority feel like its exactly because of this mindset. And if you have learned anything at all over the last 4 years, its perception matters and facts dont. 

9 hours ago, visionary said:

Two candidates claiming they will cure cancer. What do they know about possible recent advances in this field that we don't? For either one to be so bold makes me wonder how close we are.

8 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

I guess it matters whose ass you are kissing. I am not enthusiastic about any Democrat who still feels the need to hit up wealthy donors to promise them that he’ll look out for their interests. Feckless liberalism brought us Trump. It might end up keeping him in power too.

13 minutes ago, Chachie said:

Two candidates claiming they will cure cancer. What do they know about possible recent advances in this field that we don't? For either one to be so bold makes me wonder how close we are.

We are not. They are both blowing smoke up everyone’s ass. 

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

It’s part of the Bernie Bros programming.  Curiously, Trumps base also hates wealthy, elite city folk.

Bernie is probably the last person I’ll vote for in any primary ever. 

Bernie and Biden are both two sides of the same coin. One is a raging blowhard who will accomplish nothing, and the other is an empty suit who will also accomplish nothing. 

Both for some reason appeal to a certain demographic that cares more about style than substance.

It is going to take GOBS of money to defeat Trump, who has already raised over $100 million for the 2020 election, still 2 years away.  As CNN put it, that is a totally and completely unprecedented fundraising haul for a sitting President.

I understand people's reservations about big money in politics, and I share those concerns and FULLY support overturning or legislating over Citizen's United, which I think is one of the most harmful decisions in SCOTUS' history.

HOWEVER, now is not the time to shoot ourselves in the face with our principles.  Nothing is more important that defeating Trump, and that is going to take A TON of money.  For this particular cycle, the rules are the rules, both sides can get money from whoever.  I don't see any sense in Democrats handcuffing themselves in what i believe is literally a battle for the soul of our country by eschewing large amounts of money that is essential to defeat Trump.  I don't like it, but I accept the situation as it is.  

31 minutes ago, Chachie said:

31 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

We are not. They are both blowing smoke up everyone’s ass. 

Biden has been very involved in the issue due to his son and it's no surprise he wants to do this.  He has, at least, couched it in terms of a moonshot, i.e., a massive national effort to take us from where we are (not close, as No Excuses correctly notes) to accomplishing the goal.  He has a very detailed strategic plan that he released as VP and involves public and private resources, including the Dept of Defense and like 50 other federal agencies.  

Trump then said we'd do it, and doubled down with curing AIDS, because he saw Biden get attention for his statement and Trump can't abide that.  At some point during the election, I fully expect that Trump will claim that he is going to, or already has, fixed climate change.  He won't have a plan or any details, but he'll say it.  

1 hour ago, StillUnknown said:

If he gets the nod i'll vote for him, but i'm really hoping Biden does not get the nod

If he wins the primaries that’ll be disappointing. There’s a wide array of candidates. 

We’ll get what we deserve either way. Just like last time. 

58 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Style matters and money matters.  To insist otherwise is empty, ego-driven virtue signaling.

You are right. In a country full of low information voters, style and money typically do matter, even moreso than substance.

It also explains why we are a mess today and we will likely continue to do be one until people start taking their civic duty seriously.

8 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Easy way to get approval is to poo poo a kumbaya moment about a segregationists. The only thing I've seen from de Blasio that I can get behind 

Every time Biden speaks, I dislike him more. This is unacceptable. Even his comment about “nobody’s standard of living will change” is as inspiring as a wet sock. He is a terrible candidate. 

He may still beat Trump if he is the nominee but he will wreck the Democratic Party if he becomes president. Nothing will get accomplished, we will give up the game on healthcare and progressive reform that actually helps people and improves their lives. Then after 4 years and nothing to show for it, Dems will be tossed aside for the next GOP demagogue.

Trump presents an opportunity to seize the working class, seize the poor and middle class and actually reform America. This is their chance to take America forward and significantly grow their base. 

Biden will squander all this 

7 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

He needs to drop out and push his support to Warren 

He’s a sinking ship

I can't remember who, but recently I heard some pundit note that candidates don't drop out due to lack of support, they drop out due to lack of money.

So Bernie's in for the duration.  

2 hours ago, No Excuses said:

It also explains why we are a mess today and we will likely continue to do be one until people start taking their civic duty seriously.

Until? That’s never happening. Look around you. One side is full of people who seem to want to make life difficult for people not like them, the other just doesn’t show up to vote because they weren’t “inspired”

8 minutes ago, tshile said:

Until? That’s never happening. Look around you. One side is full of people who seem to want to make life difficult for people not like them, the other just doesn’t show up to vote because they weren’t “inspired”

This **** makes me so so sad

Archived