Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

1 minute ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

why?

Sanders and Warren are on the same side. Also, most of Sanders's supporters' second choice is Biden. 

He has no path to the nomination and an endorsement would go a long way toward flipping the “second choice” voters to Warren. She’d be an overwhelming favorite. 

6 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Is that true? I would be surprised by that.

No, not really. There was a poll that had Biden as getting like 2% more of Sanders' second choice votes than Warren a while back, and it gets repeated as something definitive.

For one thing, it's a Morning Consult poll. MC has been the worst poll for Warren this campaign- as an example, if you heard that Warren has pulled into a tiny lead in the Real Clear Politics' average, it's so tiny because 4 of the 5 polls that make up that average have her ahead (an average of over 3 points from those 4 polls), but the 5th is a Morning Consult poll which has Biden ahead by 12 percent. 

Civiqs did a big study last month that had Warren as the second choice of pretty much evey candidates' supporters, but especially by a he margin of Bernie's. There have also been several polls over the months of second choices in Iowa (where 2nd choices mean a lot) and she consistently does the best in the second choice category, including among Sanders supporters. 

40 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Hopefully, Gillibrand is doing her job in the Senate. She can get out once we have a solid frontrunner, she can hit the administration and Trump.

Oh for sure. I didn't mean necessarily stumping on the campaign trail for anyone necessarily, but I recall her sometimes showing up on cable news in general to speak on the topics of the day.  Maybe because I don't really watch much cable news anymore that explains it?

2 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

I know this is random, but......has Kristin Gillibrand been heard from since she dropped out?

I saw her out in public at a nightclub. I remember Al Franken bought her a drink and I guess it didn’t sit well because he was helping her into the trunk of his car like 15 minutes later. Haven’t heard anything from her since though.

Gillum would potentially be a decent VP pick, if he passes vetting (he's been investigated, but nothing has come close to sticking to him yet).

But I really doubt Warren is offering that already. She has no reason to be desperate enough to commit herself to that. Just a guess, but I would think it would  more likely be something like a promise to put him on the VP shortlist and to at least give him a cabinet spot (maybe HUD) in exchange for an endorsement. 

But it could also be literally nothing. 

I don’t really get a debate dedicated to same sex issues. About 5 percent of America identifies homosexual. I’m fine with protecting everyone’s rights to marriage, whatever bathroom they want to use, whatever it doesn’t matter to me... but three hours on something that really only affects 5 percent of the population... idk.

It affects us all,  because decency, human rights, and the rule of law need to be shored up continually. And because education is needed. And because, as a famous preacher once said, injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.

Archived