Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

At least down to 10.  They absolutely cannot go out their with splitting 20 again, everyone needs a chance to talk, make it longer if you have to.

The criteria doesn't change for the next debate.  It's the Sept./Oct. where it gets harder to get in.

27 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Warren

Harris

Castro

Everyone Else

29 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Warren, Harris, Sanders, Biden

with Mayor Pete & Castro

You all are putting a lot of faith in Castro, polling at 1% who only grabbed the spotlight by being an asshole on a policy position he is dead wrong about. He’s a fake and an opportunist. He was popular and had a chance to take on these issues  but refused to run for Texas Governor or Senate seats because they weren’t easy wins. 

He had to come at Beto because otherwise he is done and pounced on the first chance he got. Admirable, but mistaken.  

11 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Are you telling me I gotta watch this 20 person circus and this alien Marianne again? 

Just now, Momma There Goes That Man said:

You all are putting a lot of faith in Castro, polling at 1% who only grabbed the spotlight by being an asshole on a policy position he is dead wrong about. He’s a fake and an opportunist. He was popular and had a chance to take on these issues  but refused to run for Texas Governor or Senate seats because they weren’t easy wins. 

He had to come at Beto because otherwise he is done and pounced on the first chance he got. Admirable, but mistaken.  

We may not agree on his position of how to deal with people crossing the border instead of going to ports of entry, but the only person more prepared them him last night was Warren.  That's going to add up if he keeps it up.  I don't see him as President yet, but VP, absolutely.  There's already something budding between him and Warren, I saw it on stage between takes, there's rumors they are already reaching out to each other.

5 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Are you telling me I gotta watch this 20 person circus and this alien Marianne again? 

Nah, Vox is, don't shoot the messager.   :rofl89:

Mayor Pete did kind of get told though, and I think it was basically someone coming at him to handle the situation rather then give the usual bureaucratic response.  If the policy is that body cameras stay on at all times, there better be a damn good reason the body camera was off, and if the answer isn't sufficient, you discipline up to and/or termination.  There needs to be consequences for this stuff.   If the cop was telling the truth, guess what would have absolved him? The body cam footage.

Harris really excels in this format. I think she is sort of positioning herself to attract former Biden supporters who might fall off.  She says the progressive script on a lot of issues, but she also has that deliberate-to the point streak in her that gives people confidence she would molly-whop Trump in the debate.

We already know Trump will lose the debates on the actual issues, but someone like Harris can also shut down his nonsense, which might be the more important aspect of the debates next year. 

1 hour ago, StillUnknown said:

So he was ignoring what Biden & Harris were actually talking about and who Biden was dealing with in the Senate at the time?  Tom Cotton is a dummy or purposely being dishonest.

I don't see a bottom of the current polling candidate pulling a Trump (not even Castro).

That said..can we all agree that Bernie looked really really bad tonight? I guess his schtick fails when he's no longer the outsider.

Edit..Biden got run over too. Thought Kamala did the best tonight..but she's got a long hard road ahead of her to make up any ground.

I'm going to give Biden benefit of the doubt from last night in regards to the "defeat Donald Trump" point. He should have said Trumpism. I'm guessing that's what he was referencing. Also, he and Yang were at least respectful of the moderators and time. Harris, while great last night, was one interrupting often in spite of her food fight comment. I thought Mayor Pete was also great. When asked why he didn't fire the police chief and gave the death stare, I wish he would have had more of an opportunity to respond. He was going down the due process road but not able to explain why. 

If last night was Joe Biden getting hammered for his work with segregationists on the issue of bussing, there are plenty more debates where he’s going to be hounded for his support of the Hyde amendment and his treatment of Anita Hill. 

I think the Jeb! comparisons are accurate.

I thought Bernie was also mediocre as usual. He’s a broken record and he no longer has the novelty and anti-establishment flair that made him popular in 2016. 

7 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

When you say stuff like this you make me wonder if you're serious about voting for any of them.

Well then wonder away. If you’d rather try to read into my posts and make stuff up than just take what I say as what I mean then have at it. 

Quick thoughts maybe not worth discussion for real 

- Kamala looks good right now. Real good. Got a real "black mom" feel and i dont know how other interpret that but I like it alot. Its going to get harder for her though. I dont think black people are going to just go for the black person this time around. Despite what people think they didnt take Barry seriously immediately either. And I actually think they are gonna make her earn their support. The opposite of what they are doing with Biden. 

- That bot storm is gonna come for her hard. Putin, like Donald, dont want any strong woman in front of him. 

- Last night debate made Wednesdays look like amateur hour. I like the randoms. Cause I like seeing people like Swallwel (sp....whatever) go after people like Bootiejudge (ima have to learn how to spell names) so directly. We will get more of that. 

- That one chick I never heard of until yesterday needs to go. She is embarrassing. And clearly on drugs. 

- Biden taking blows every time he opens his mouth. It wont be long until anyone under 40 writes him off completely. That said I still think he could make a strong VP.

- Crazy thinking that Burnie was too left to be serious last time. And not left enough to matter this time. There is truth to the dems moving left. But I still dont think its wrong. 

- Bootijudge stank eye was real. 

- Forgot Yang was there. Hes done. Liked some of the stuff he said. But he aint ready. 

- Uncle Joe doesnt mind invading your personal space, but he will respect the hell out of a time limit when he needs an out. Yea sure buddy. 

Last night was better.  Didn’t change much for me.  Still like Biden, Buttiguig, Harris and Sanders.  Yang was OK with his ideas, but he lacks any personality.

I think I agree with Buttiguig a lot on stuff, especially college.

Theres a few things that Dems are pressing that I just can’t get on board with and free college to all is one of them.  Loan forgiveness another.

There is one thing that Bernie is REALLY good at, and that’s pointing out who the enemy is.  He’s great at hammering republicans and rich companies.  Other Dems do it but Sanders does it way better.

5 hours ago, visionary said:

I thought I heard on the news this morning that Warren walked it back.  Did she also or did I hear it wrong?

Mayor Pete reminds me of Obama.  I may not agree with what he says but damn if I don't like listening to him talk.  My concern with him his he could be peaking too early in his life.  If he were to become president, what is he going to do for 40 years after that?  Though I also felt that way about Obama.  Some of these younger people need to work their way up so the Dems can get as much out of them as possible.

16 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Theres a few things that Dems are pressing that I just can’t get on board with and free college to all is one of them.  Loan forgiveness another.

Im sure you have said it before but whats the problem with this stuff if we can find a way to pay for it? 

16 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I thought I heard on the news this morning that Warren walked it back.  Did she also or did I hear it wrong?

Mayor Pete reminds me of Obama.  I may not agree with what he says but damn if I don't like listening to him talk.  My concern with him his he could be peaking too early in his life.  If he were to become president, what is he going to do for 40 years after that?  Though I also felt that way about Obama.  Some of these younger people need to work their way up so the Dems can get as much out of them as possible.

Buy a ranch, show up to library, hospital wings, airports, and streets named in his honor, write 3 books.

7 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Well remember 4 people didn't make it and one person just got in. There's room room for change at the bottom.

22 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Mayor Pete has clearly been thinking about a presidential run for some time. I too like a lot of what he says, but i'm curious as to why he didnt run his spot in a way that didnt leave him vulnerable on race/policing issues in south bend.

5 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Im sure you have said it before but whats the problem with this stuff if we can find a way to pay for it? 

Well I think it devalues college.  As it stands right now, we have too many college graduates and not enough jobs for them.  Thus, a massive college debt problem.  Plus, if college was just there, then people would take it just as seriously as they do high school.

I think a better investment would be in vocational training, or community colleges if you want to go that route.

I think Pete’s idea of being able to refinance a student loan is great.  I think someone also mentioned delaying payment until someone is actually making money.  I’m ok with that.

Also, to add on, I think that Democrats are really shooting for the moon on this one.  They are proposing several things that are essentially “free”.  I think they’re biting off more than they can chew.  Start with health care and get that done.  Hammer it home.

Yang - He's too smart for politics, he's gotta slow down, he's not pitching VC's he's talking to people of all levels of intellect.

Petey - I like him, The Swalwell moment was a fair dig at Pete but its an ongoing investigation so we gotta see how that plays out before we place blame on Pete.

Kamala - I don't like her, she has an abrasive personality and I don't think people will work with her.  Also, after her long rant, she ended in saying that her state uses body cams as if that was why she was the better choice, to me it was a weak way to end what seemed to be a long passionate point she was trying to make.

Joe - He was just ok, he seemed to get lost in his points at times

Bernie - He just bugs the **** out of me, I can't imagine having to listen to him for 4 years.

Kirsten Gillibrand - I like her, she's tough and understands the underlying issues even though its unlikely the underbelly of Washington can ever be fixed. 

Marianne Williams - Was she doing schtick? 

13 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Mayor Pete has clearly been thinking about a presidential run for some time. I too like a lot of what he says, but i'm curious as to why he didnt run his spot in a way that didnt leave him vulnerable on race/policing issues in south bend.

Because he is an elitist who isn’t around black people often. 

He got really lucky Williamson entered the race question leading to Biden’s massacre because Stallwell pressed his neck on that BS answer he gave and Buttigieg had no response.

When someone asks about the housing stuff in South Bend he will look even worse.

He is a poor mans Obama with no black support. He has no chance of getting the nomination.

13 minutes ago, Springfield said:

As it stands right now, we have too many college graduates and not enough jobs for them.  Thus, a massive college debt problem.

This is one reason why but it is very low on the list of reasons. If it was a list of 100, it would be near the bottom.

Archived