Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

3 minutes ago, Springfield said:

As long as all you ****ers fall in line if Biden/Butigeg/Sanders/Warren gets the nomination then we’ll be ok.

That seems racist.

2 minutes ago, twa said:

That seems racist.

Same goes for any candidate, but Harris’s name hasn’t been tossed around a lot lately and Booker is gasping for air.

The thing with Trump, is that most republicans voted for him just because he was an R.  Some Democrats didn’t like Hillary and just didn’t vote.  That can’t happen this time.

11 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I mean, he's not actually Maltese, he's Indianian.

5 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

Did people already forget the 2016 GOP primary? Do you remember any of them holding back on each other?  

Actually, I remember all of them being very timid about complaining about Trump's obvious catering to racists.  

Although granted, that was because every one of them knew that, if they successfully knocked off Trump, they wanted those racist votes for themselves.  

12 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

First, prop 8 did not pass because of black voters. People wanted it to be that way because it was easier to blame black people (as is the case in most things with America):

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/stop-blaming-californias_b_142018

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2009/01/prop-8-and-blaming-the-blacks/6548/

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/prop-8-myths/

Second, Buttigeg's issue in the black community isn't that he is gay. Its that his campaign has barely done any outreach to black voters except eating at Slyvia's in Harlem with Al Sharpton. His campaign has catered to affluent white liberal voters.

Lastly, um Buttigieg has a shaky record on race issues in South Bend. 

I think Buttigieg being gay would def hurt him on a national stage but blaming black voters for it is something that needs to be stopped. America is still a very homophobic country. 

Also another interesting thing, Buttigieg is Maltese. His last name was anglicized from the Arabic word أبو الدجاج (Abu d-dajāj)j, meaning chicken owner.

Did you read your links?

The first one is just irrelevant.

The second one says it wasn't 70%, but 58%, which was still higher than the average (52%).  The exact numbers don't really matter to my point

(Oh and the Hispanic number was 59% (and what other group did I mention in my post?))

And the last one has to new with first time voters.  Which is completely irrelevant to my point.

Though, I do agree part of Buttigieg's problem is that he hasn't done enough out reach.

It is possible for somebody to have more than one (and even more than two) problems with attracting votes even from a subset of the population.

25 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

Did you read your links?

The first one is just irrelevant.

The second one says it wasn't 70%, but 58%, which was still higher than the average (52%).  The exact numbers don't really matter to my point

(Oh and the Hispanic number was 59% (and what other group did I mention in my post?))

Only 5% of the state is black. 

26 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

Though, I do agree part of Buttigieg's problem is that he hasn't done enough out reach.

It is possible for somebody to have more than one (and even more than two) problems with attracting votes even from a subset of the population.

I’m not denying this at all. America is very homophobic.

Im just saying black people weren’t the reason prop 8 didn’t pass in Cali.

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

I'm said it earlier but Booker as a VP on Bidens ticket makes too much sense. The only drawback (strategically) is they both are New Englanders.

Biden probably won't get the chance.  He's crashing on his own and the dirt on his son, will be be the final nail.  I thought Lizzie would be this cycles biggest bust, but it's probably going to be Biden.

11 hours ago, Springfield said:

I too wish there wasn’t so much infighting, but then I remember the republican primaries.  It was pretty contentious.

As long as all you ****ers fall in line if Biden/Butigeg/Sanders/Warren gets the nomination then we’ll be ok.

We won't hear any "size" comparisons from Democrats that's for sure. Unlike the Republican clowncar show from 2016 in which Trump participated heartily. The scum.

33 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:
I don’t think Buttigieg knows how to talk to or be around black people.

The local black community in Indiana doesn't seem so enamored with Mayor Pete. 

I doubt any of these candidates are going to inspire black people to vote this election cycle. 

1 hour ago, Mooka said:

The local black community in Indiana doesn't seem so enamored with Mayor Pete. 

I doubt any of these candidates are going to inspire black people to vote this election cycle. 

trump will provide them the motivation to vote against him for making racism a core part of his administration.

Just now, Skintime said:

trump will provide them the motivation to vote against him for making racism a core part of his administration.

That's more collectively then specifically the black vote.

And if 2016 is evidence, Trump's racist pandering brings out the white racist vote moreso then enticing minorities to vote against him.

Archived