Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

15 minutes ago, dfitzo53 said:

@nonniey What about you?

I already told you my #1 disqualifier is identity politics that eliminates anyone running as a Democrat. Now if he ran as an independent and repudiated the Dems identity politics stance  the answer would be yes.  

30 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Who would you take?  Obama or Trump?

Neither see my disqualifier criteria above.

6 minutes ago, nonniey said:

I already told you my #1 disqualifier is identity politics that eliminates anyone running as a Democrat. Now if he ran as an independent and repudiated the Dems identity politics stance  the answer would be yes.  

Neither see my disqualifier criteria above.

Does the identity politics disqualify Trump?

Using the previous stated disqualifiers, in your adult lifetime, who are the major party presidential nominees who met those criteria?  

1 hour ago, LadySkinsFan said:

If you think the Republicans don't use identity politics you haven't been paying attention.

Identity politics regarding working to bring rights and freedoms to marginalized people = bad

Identity politics of working to deny rights to marginalized people and also spread hate and fear of those same people = hey that’s not so bad 

5 hours ago, scruffylookin said:

That was 20 years ago and republicans still attempted to impeach him. 

It is amusing to hear right wingers now lament “hyperpartisianship” when their “side” is responsible for it. 

Refuse to work with President Obama? It’s Obama’s fault not them. 

Unprecedented stealing of a Supreme Court seat? Nothing to see here. Let’s just move on and not address it. 

The partisanship problem that is destroying this country is coming from one side. Until the republicans fix their party and root out the selfish nihilism that has infected them, this will continue. 

Thats the hilarious part. The GOP for the last 2 decades has engaged in nothing but hyper partisanship yet it’s the Dems that must figure out way to stop it to earn the votes of the people that have been voting GOP during all this 

22 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Thats the hilarious part. The GOP for the last 2 decades has engaged in nothing but hyper partisanship yet it’s the Dems that must figure out way to stop it to earn the votes of the people that have been voting GOP during all this 

yeah...if you've recently lost the White house after 8 years and running against Donald Trump. Yeah, figure it out

Its not me....its you

It's time to start discussing the potential 2020 candidates. There could be 20 to 30 candidates running, at one point. Once we actually get to the primaries, I expect that number to be cut in half.

Time for an early look at the contenders and admittingly , I don't  know much about many of them.

The top 15 Democratic presidential candidates for 2020, ranked

That article from July 6, ranked the Top 15 potential Democratic candidates:

15. Oprah Winfrey

14. New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu

13. Sen. Sherrod Brown (Ohio)

12. New York Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo

11. Sen. Chris Murphy (Conn.)

10. Former New York mayor Michael Bloomberg

9. Former U.S. attorney general Eric H. Holder Jr

8. Former Virginia governor Terry McAuliffe

7. Former Massachusetts governor Deval Patrick

6. Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (N.Y.)

5. Sen. Cory Booker (N.J.)

4. Former vice president Joe Biden

3. Sen. Kamala D. Harris (Calif.)

2. Sen. Elizabeth Warren (Mass.)

1. Sen. Bernie Sanders (Vt.)

Worth watching: Montana Gov. Steve Bullock, former HUD secretary Julián Castro, California Gov. Jerry Brown, Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper, Sen. Amy Klobuchar (Minn.), Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti, Sen. Jeff Merkley (Ore.), former Starbucks executive chairman Howard Schultz, Rep. Luis V. Gutiérrez (Ill.), New York Mayor Bill de Blasio, Washington Gov. Jay Inslee

I'll add Hillary Clinton to that list.

Some early thoughts on those 2020 potential candidates:

Before talking about the Dems, a quick thought on the GOP.

Trump will have a primary challenger but that challenger will do jack. Trump will crush any and all challengers for the GOP nomination.

John Kasich, Jeff Flake, Bob Corker, Ben Sass are the names you hear as potential challengers.  Their run will be over by Super Tuesday.  Trump will get at least 70% to 80%  of the GOP primary vote.  They could run as independents. I doubt any of them would be able to raise the money, to run a credible fall campaign. Also, running as independents wouldn't win the presidency but they might take enough GOP votes from Trump; to deny him reelection. Would they want to be known, as the candidate who helped elect a democrat?   

On the the real race, the Democratic 2020 Race.

Hillary Clinton - Can understand why she would run again.  She did win the popular vote.  She can say the Russians and Comey, basically help steal the election from her. Considering how many Dems plan to run, she could wait to let them tear each other apart. Then come in later in the process and make the case why should she be given a second chance.  Big mistake if she ran.  She will not get the nomination. The Dems needs someone fresh.  Hillary wouldn't be able to beat Trump. You'd probably have more people vote for Trump, if she was the nominee.

Bernie Sanders - He will be 75.  They are other candidates, who can take on the issues he cares about.  He wouldn't survive the GOP attack machine. He wasn't vetted in 2016 and would've survive a true vetting in 2020. Also, he couldn't draw the black vote.

Elizabeth Warren - Probably the best candidate to take the Sanders mantel. A strong favorite for the nomination???  Can she get the black vote?  I have trouble seeing her be able to beat Trump.  He will Pocahantas her to death.

Kamala Harris - Another candidate to take the Sanders mantle. I don't know much about her.  I'm not so sure, she can go toe to toe with Trump.  In this racist era of Trump, a black women probably won't win. Especially, with the intense hatred of America's first black president still there.

Joe Biden - He will be 78.  Too old.  Is is heart really in it.  I do think he can go toe to toe with Trump.  He will be a gaffe machine though.  If he says that he will only serve one term and pick a young progressive veep; he might one ticket to beat Trump.

Cory Booker -  Will have the same problem Kamala Harris will.  In this racist era of Trump, will voters want to vote for the 2nd black President. There's something pretty boy about him.

Kirsten Gillibrand - She should ran in 2016.  I don't know if her tacking to the left would help her in the general election against Trump.

Deval Patrick - Did he have a successful run in Massachusetts? Obama is said to be pushing him to run.  Same problem Kamala and Cory will have.

Terry McAuliffe - No way he goes far.  The guy is represents everything that Dems hate about politics.  Pure sleaze.  

Eric H. Holder Jr - :rofl89:Besides the same problem that the other black candidates will have; he was one of the mosted hated people in the Obama administration.  

Michael Bloomberg -  I don't think he can win a Democratic nomination.  I do think he could run as an independent but he might throw the election to Trump; if he did that. The Dem nominee would have to be really bad for him to run as an independent.

Chris Murphy - Don't know much about him, no clue.

Andrew M. Cuomo - He definitely could go toe to toe with Trump but progressives hate him; so he wouldn't get their vote. Also, there's plenty of scandal with him isn't there?

Sherrod Brown - Could Sherrod really take away votes from Trump in the Rust Belt?  If he can, he could be President.  Of course, he would have to get the nomination first.

Mitch Landrieu - Don't know a thing about him.  If a mayor is to win the nomination, then it would be either  Garcetti or De Blasio.

Oprah Winfrey - Probably the only black person who could overcome the racism in this era. I don't think she has it in her.  What experience does she have?  Didn't we already try that with Trump. We don't need another non-politician. 

Other than Jerry brown, too old; don't know about the other potential candidates much.

Kind of sad, that right now; only Joe Biden looks like the candidate to beat Trump. 

32 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

That list doesn’t include a bunch that I think have the best chance. But if that list, Cuomo would be the best candidate to oppose Trump. 

Who do you think have the best chance?  Haven't you mentioned Hickenlooper in the past?

Too early to look at the 2020 Dem field through the “who can beat Trump” lens. There’s like a 50/50 chance he won’t be President by 2020 and at least a 33% chance he’s in jail. 

GOP primary would be wide open again without Trump. Pence, Kasich, and Cruz probably frontrunners for the nomination. 

17 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

On the the real race, the Democratic 2020 Race.

Hillary Clinton - Can understand why she would run again.  She did win the popular vote.  She can say the Russians and Comey, basically help steal the election from her. Considering how many Dems plan to run, she could wait to let them tear each other apart. Then come in later in the process and make the case why should she be given a second chance.  Big mistake if she ran.  She will not get the nomination. The Dems needs someone fresh.  Hillary wouldn't be able to beat Trump. You'd probably have more people vote for Trump, if she was the nominee.

Bernie Sanders - He will be 75.  They are other candidates, who can take on the issues he cares about.  He wouldn't survive the GOP attack machine. He wasn't vetted in 2016 and would've survive a true vetting in 2020. Also, he couldn't draw the black vote.

Elizabeth Warren - Probably the best candidate to take the Sanders mantel. A strong favorite for the nomination???  Can she get the black vote?  I have trouble seeing her be able to beat Trump.  He will Pocahantas her to death.

Kamala Harris - Another candidate to take the Sanders mantle. I don't know much about her.  I'm not so sure, she can go toe to toe with Trump.  In this racist era of Trump, a black women probably won't win. Especially, with the intense hatred of America's first black president still there.

Joe Biden - He will be 78.  Too old.  Is is heart really in it.  I do think he can go toe to toe with Trump.  He will be a gaffe machine though.  If he says that he will only serve one term and pick a young progressive veep; he might one ticket to beat Trump.

Cory Booker -  Will have the same problem Kamala Harris will.  In this racist era of Trump, will voters want to vote for the 2nd black President. There's something pretty boy about him.

Kirsten Gillibrand - She should ran in 2016.  I don't know if her tacking to the left would help her in the general election against Trump.

Deval Patrick - Did he have a successful run in Massachusetts? Obama is said to be pushing him to run.  Same problem Kamala and Cory will have.

Terry McAuliffe - No way he goes far.  The guy is represents everything that Dems hate about politics.  Pure sleaze.  

Eric H. Holder Jr - :rofl89:Besides the same problem that the other black candidates will have; he was one of the mosted hated people in the Obama administration.  

Michael Bloomberg -  I don't think he can win a Democratic nomination.  I do think he could run as an independent but he might throw the election to Trump; if he did that. The Dem nominee would have to be really bad for him to run as an independent.

Chris Murphy - Don't know much about him, no clue.

Andrew M. Cuomo - He definitely could go toe to toe with Trump but progressives hate him; so he wouldn't get their vote. Also, there's plenty of scandal with him isn't there?

Sherrod Brown - Could Sherrod really take away votes from Trump in the Rust Belt?  If he can, he could be President.  Of course, he would have to get the nomination first.

Mitch Landrieu - Don't know a thing about him.  If a mayor is to win the nomination, then it would be either  Garcetti or De Blasio.

Oprah Winfrey - Probably the only black person who could overcome the racism in this era. I don't think she has it in her.  What experience does she have?  Didn't we already try that with Trump. We don't need another non-politician. 

Other than Jerry brown, too old; don't know about the other potential candidates much.

Kind of sad, that right now; only Joe Biden looks like the candidate to beat Trump. 

I guess given your analysis Bloomberg is a lock for an Independent run?

Archived