Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

58 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

In the early 2016 GOP primary (ones that occurred in February), Trump got 32% of the vote, but Cruz, Rubio, Kasich , Carson and Bush split 65% of the vote. 

On Super Tuesday in March, Trump got 34% of the vote, Cruz, Rubio, Kasich, and Carson split 64% of the vote.

I get it. I’m saying, Kasich is the only good candidate in that bunch. You can’t say that the reasonable vote was split between Cruz, Rubio, Carson, and Kasich. Carson is supremely unqualified. Cruz is a punchable turd. Rubio... ok. I mean, he sucks but I’ll grade him on a curve.

32 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I get it. I’m saying, Kasich is the only good candidate in that bunch. You can’t say that the reasonable vote was split between Cruz, Rubio, Carson, and Kasich. Carson is supremely unqualified. Cruz is a punchable turd. Rubio... ok. I mean, he sucks but I’ll grade him on a curve.

Ooohhh, you meant "reasonable reasonable" not "GOP reasonable."  That is another thing altogether. 

6 hours ago, No Excuses said:

Sherrod Brown is a Democrat winning Senate elections in a state that has gone deeply Trumpian. Would be silly if he ran. 

No.  A Dem that can win in a state that was solidly Trump and before 2016 was a swing state.  Also, Ohio is a Midwestern state.

It makes perfect sense as a Presidential candidate.  Now, in terms of the Senate; it doesn't. Since the current Ohio Gov. is GOP, meaning Sherrod's replacement would be a REpublican. A loss of a Democratic seat.

25 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

I don't think it would be getting this far it it was just normal. I'm sure the other candidates are high strung too but don't hear about them throwing things at folks.

Lyndon Johnson was no peach, and he was pretty effective.

I don't really care about these stories. I don't have to work for her.

She'd have to work for me, and so far I haven't seen anything disqualifying.

45 minutes ago, techboy said:

Lyndon Johnson was no peach, and he was pretty effective.

I don't really care about these stories. I don't have to work for her.

She'd have to work for me, and so far I haven't seen anything disqualifying.

Perhaps, but gaining power and influence often increases stuff like this and it tends to bleed into other aspects. 

It may seem small now, but if she becomes President it could balloon into something else entirely.  

Now I don't know if it's disqualifying since I'm not sure how much is being inflated or exaggerated, but maybe it's something she needs to show some commitment or introspection towards working on or correcting.

1 hour ago, visionary said:

Perhaps, but gaining power and influence often increases stuff like this and it tends to bleed into other aspects. 

It may seem small now, but if she becomes President it could balloon into something else entirely.  

Now I don't know if it's disqualifying since I'm not sure how much is being inflated or exaggerated, but maybe it's something she needs to show some commitment or introspection towards working on or correcting.

Toxic leaders should never be in a leadership position period.

4 hours ago, nonniey said:

I have. Or at least a few.  You all seem to always forget my opinion of Trump.

It's easy to forget, because you still vocally support Republicans. 

Like it or not, we live in a two party system, and the ONLY method of punishing the Republicans for Trump, and changing their behavior, is to vote for Democrats. 

Mitch McConnell doesn't like Trump either, but he'll work for Trump as long as it keeps Republicans in power. 

Mitch McConnell doesn't care if people vote third party. 

Mitch McConnell doesn't care if people say mean things about Trump and still vote Republican.

The ONLY thing that Mitch McConnell cares about is if people elect Democrats in response to Trump, and he becomes more afraid of that than he is of the Trump base in the primaries. 

Until you are willing to take that step, you might as well not offer your opinion of Trump at all. It's totally and completely worthless.

1 minute ago, techboy said:

Like it or not, we live in a two party system, and the ONLY method of punishing the Republicans for Trump, and changing their behavior, is to vote for Democrats. 

Mitch McConnell doesn't like Trump either, but he'll work for Trump as long as it keeps Republicans in power. 

Mitch McConnell doesn't care if people say mean things about Trump and still vote Republican.

The ONLY thing that Mitch McConnell cares about is if people elect Democrats in response to Trump, and he becomes more afraid of that than he is of the Trump base in the primaries. 

Until you are willing to take that step, you might as well not offer your opinion of Trump at all. It's totally and completely worthless.

I think on this, and this alone, many people are ready for a second helping.

I don't have a real issue with some of these contenders being knocked off early, before the debates begin.   Most of them are going to be so similar on policy anyway that we don't really have the need for 20 Dems on the stage attacking each other over petty things, trying to go for the lowest common denominator attacks to try and edge themselves ahead.  Primary season is going to be messy, not to mention I am sure Trump will be live tweeting the debates the entire time.

1 hour ago, techboy said:

I like Mitch McConnell. But do you know who else hates him? -Trumpsters.  (Oh and BTW I was offering my opinion of Amy and being consistent while doing so).

11 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I don't have a real issue with some of these contenders being knocked off early, before the debates begin.   Most of them are going to be so similar on policy anyway that we don't really have the need for 20 Dems on the stage attacking each other over petty things, trying to go for the lowest common denominator attacks to try and edge themselves ahead.  Primary season is going to be messy, not to mention I am sure Trump will be live tweeting the debates the entire time.

Like the attacks Bernie made about Hillary in the 2016 primary season. It just gave more ammunition to Republicans.

Let the candidates discuss their viewpoints and let the people vote in the primaries. Besides, there'll be more primaries. Then they all need to coalesce around the nominee. Without rancor.

10 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Let the candidates discuss their viewpoints and let the people vote in the primaries. Besides, there'll be more primaries. Then they all need to coalesce around the nominee. Without rancor.

Agreed.  Also, I hope Schultz is long gone before the actual debates begin because all he is going to do on that stage I bet is give more ammo to the GOP in their "The Dems have all gone insanely left" campaign, despite it not being true, especially if Biden happens to also be on the stage.

8 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Agreed.  Also, I hope Schultz is long gone before the actual debates begin because all he is going to do on that stage I bet is give more ammo to the GOP in their "The Dems have all gone insanely left" campaign, despite it not being true, especially if Biden happens to also be on the stage.

Seriously, **** this guy.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/02/13/howard-schultzs-campaign-about-nothing/?utm_term=.506283036c52

Howard Schultz’s campaign about nothing

At the start of the town hall CNN gave Howard Schultz on Tuesday night, anchor Poppy Harlow promised, “We’re going to talk about all the issues, because that’s what this is about.”

Unfortunately, Schultz spent the next hour studiously avoiding taking a position on much of anything.

When he was asked what he would do about climate change, he almost immediately shifted to attacking Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s (D-N.Y.) “Green New Deal” as pie in the sky. “Let’s be sensible about what we’re suggesting,” he said. “Let’s not just throw stuff against a wall because it’s a good slogan or we get a press release.”

He declined, however, to offer up any of his own proposals.

On taxes, he said he was in favor of higher taxes on wealthy people like him. But how much higher? He wasn’t sure. “I don’t know what the number is,” he said twice as Harlow sought even just a “ballpark” figure. He attacked Ocasio-Cortez’s idea to tax income beyond $10 million at 70 percent as a “punitive number.” Eventually Harlow asked him “is it higher than 2 percent more, for example?” Schultz finally committed, sort of: “I think it is.”

Asked whether China was an ally or an enemy, he chose neither but attacked Trump’s trade war. Asked what his illegal immigration plan was, Schultz attacked Democrats for wanting to abolish ICE and Republicans for separating families at the border, but he committed only to a path to citizenship.

On health care, Schultz attacked Republicans for going after Obamacare and Democrats for wanting Medicare-for-all, but all he would propose is more competition, easy access to care and cheaper prescription drugs. Those are all things that people like. In fact, they’re all goals President Trump has advocated. But they’re goals, not proposals.

57 minutes ago, techboy said:

I don't think this is fair.  If someone doesn't vote the way you like, their opinions are worthless?

I could understand if he was a mouth breathing, window licking Trumper.  But @nonniey has been helpful to discussion many times before.  Your statement is how you end up with an echo chamber.  And those dont help anyone.

The only thing Schultz has been right on thus far is not wanting Trump to be re-elected.

You'd think for a guy who thinks it's a good idea to jump into a Presidential race with zero other public service, he might have researched the issues a little bit, perhaps actually come up with his own policies he would like to see implemented since he claims to hate ever other idea on either side. 

The guy has been devoid of any substance so far.  Plus, No one is buying the "life long Democrat, but....." schtick either.  

27 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I don't think this is fair.  If someone doesn't vote the way you like, their opinions are worthless?

I could understand if he was a mouth breathing, window licking Trumper.  But @nonniey has been helpful to discussion many times before.  Your statement is how you end up with an echo chamber.  And those dont help anyone.

Yep, and if you flip his statement it justifies voting Trump over 3rd party.

Still better than Hillary.

46 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

16 minutes ago, twa said:

Yep, and if you flip his statement it justifies voting Trump over 3rd party.

Still better than Hillary.

@TheGreatBuzz @twa @nonniey please report to your nearest echo chamber for your re-indoctrination session.  

Archived