Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

I think Warren and Harris are the two most likely to win the nomination right now.  It’s also possible Bernie could endorse Warren as some have been predicting.  I’m not really a fan of hers, but while she may lose some Republican votes (hard to be sure on those anyway, since quite a few will likely vote third party or with Trump no matter who the nominee is), I think she has a better chance to win over the left and the working class including some Trump voters.

3 hours ago, visionary said:

I think Warren and Harris are the two most likely to win the nomination right now.  It’s also possible Bernie could endorse Warren as some have been predicting.  I’m not really a fan of hers, but while she may lose some Republican votes (hard to be sure on those anyway, since quite a few will likely vote third party or with Trump no matter who the nominee is), I think she has a better chance to win over the left and the working class including some Trump voters.

I don't see Warren performing nearly as well as most people do. If she does win the nomination she'll be one of the easier targets from the GOP. 

5 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

I think the scandal over her claiming to be Native American is so dumb and overplayed. I have doubts she intentionally was deceptive. I like Warren and I think she is going to articulate her policies and positions very well.

Totally agree.  

Elizabeth Warren is smart AF and, more than anyone else that is or is likely to vie for the Dem nomination, has come up with original ideas to unrig our society.  I don't really give a damn about the other stuff. 

Snowstorms only still happen because Jews control the weather. Pacman might make it rain, but only Jared can make it snow. All Hail King Donald, keeping Murica safe from her unseen enemies. And a pox upon the Southern Poverty Law apostates, who denounce us Proud Folk as hate groups. Was I not so fervently opposed to abortion, I would wish their mothers had abandoned them.

Here's my take, it is VERY early, the convention won't be held for what, almost a year and a half? Having a field that ranges from Warren to Harris to Booker to Brown to Castro to Klobuchar and beyond guarantees that we will all have the opportunity to hear and see actual intelligent adult conversations in politics. Wouldn't that in itself be an amazing change? There won't be some facile fixation on "the women candidate" or "the ethnic candidate" or some other simple soundbite pigeonholing condescension. Simply by it's nature of a very deep and wide field this could be a transformational experience in how candidates run for higher office. I cannot even try to guess who the Dem candidate will be at this point, and TBH I don't care yet. I AM very interested and attentive to how this might go forward in terms of the public discourse. We have all become addicted to two dimensional cartoon candidates that satisfy some guilty pleasure in watching, divorced from the reality that the cartoon character might end up with the launch codes. I think that Warren is an important voice, Booker will add to the conversation, Kamala Harris will bring zero ****s to a debate, let the hellishly Darwinian thinning begin!

6 minutes ago, Burgold said:

On top of that, I really, really don't care how people eat their fried chicken.

But sadly a sizable number of Americans do care if you like it or not. The South should be called the fried chicken belt, not bible belt.

25 minutes ago, Zguy28 said:

But sadly a sizable number of Americans do care if you like it or not. The South should be called the fried chicken belt, not bible belt.

I'm sorry. If you base your vote on how people eat their chicken you are... well, you really, really need to reset your priorities.

34 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

Here's my take, it is VERY early, the convention won't be held for what, almost a year and a half? Having a field that ranges from Warren to Harris to Booker to Brown to Castro to Klobuchar and beyond guarantees that we will all have the opportunity to hear and see actual intelligent adult conversations in politics. Wouldn't that in itself be an amazing change? There won't be some facile fixation on "the women candidate" or "the ethnic candidate" or some other simple soundbite pigeonholing condescension. Simply by it's nature of a very deep and wide field this could be a transformational experience in how candidates run for higher office. I cannot even try to guess who the Dem candidate will be at this point, and TBH I don't care yet. I AM very interested and attentive to how this might go forward in terms of the public discourse. We have all become addicted to two dimensional cartoon candidates that satisfy some guilty pleasure in watching, divorced from the reality that the cartoon character might end up with the launch codes. I think that Warren is an important voice, Booker will add to the conversation, Kamala Harris will bring zero ****s to a debate, let the hellishly Darwinian thinning begin!

This is why I was happy to see Klobuchar go ahead and get in.  I'd welcome Biden too.  I want to see a lot of great political conversation leading up the Dems settling on a candidate, because I can't imagine a scenario at this point where I'd vote for Trump. 

Archived