Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

17 hours ago, justice98 said:

Those people dont even really care about winning.  They know full well they have no shot.  I'm guessing being able to say you ran for President is rather lucrative.  In a 20-something person field, that bottom half is in it for the money.

Except Trump disproved that. What was he polling in the summer of 2015? He had no shot.

12 hours ago, visionary said:

Well you guys can't deny that the Dems are falling into the bat **** crazy lane now can you? So looks like the Dems said heck with if Repubs can do Bat chit crazy we'll top them in that category.

12 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I said long ago I thought he should be the VP pick and I’d be happy with him there because his GOTV ability would be hugely beneficial to the ticket. 

I don’t want him running for the Senate though. That ship has sailed. 

We dont have to agree, but to me hes jus a pretty face that can string some words together.  I'm not interested in his reparations plan, it's a non-starter cause it's never gonna happen.  He really does need to drop out and run for Senate, get on some intelligence committees,  then try again.

1 hour ago, nonniey said:

Except Trump disproved that. What was he polling in the summer of 2015? He had no shot.

I think Trump proved it more than disproves it.  He was only in it for the money and didnt care about winning either.  Even on election night he didn't think he was gonna win.  

And even then, he was a charismatic celebrity.  These jokers are as anonymous and dull as longshot candidate could be.

2 hours ago, nonniey said:

Trump was the favorite and ahead in the polls in July 2015 and never really relinquished that lead for the rest of the primary. You idiots flocked to him once he started opening his racist moronic mouth. 

21 hours ago, nonniey said:

Well you guys can't deny that the Dems are falling into the bat **** crazy lane now can you? So looks like the Dems said heck with if Repubs can do Bat chit crazy we'll top them in that category.

Trump didn't declare until June.  He was in first place in the RCP in mid July.

He didn't have no shot based on the polls.  People thought the voters would wake up and realize he would be a mess of a President.

Why?

I think you guys give Trump too much credit with the 2016 polling. I believe it was 70%/30% for Clinton/Trump respectfully, so she would win about of out of 3 elections if there were that many. Trump just happened to win the first one. There are also somethings you have to take into consideration:

1. Comey coming out and saying Clinton was under FBI investigation (but didn't mention Trump) clearly hurt and dropped her poll number just a couple of weeks before the election.

2. Polling isn't as accurate when it comes to presidential races, the EC really muddies the water when you try to get the full picture on what you predict is going to happen.

3. Clinton wasn't a very strong/likable candidate.

3 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

No, I don't think Paul thinks that there is a lot of evidence supporting the automation thesis is right or he wouldn't have written an OP-ED saying it is wrong.  If he knew that, I suspect he'd not have written such an OP-ED.

I suspect that Paul thinks he's right and that there isn't a lot of evidence that people pushing that automation is killing jobs are wrong.

(I said years ago during the Great Recession, I knew people that were leaving the labor force, moving to less nice areas and home schooling their kids.  And in some cases it was the fathers.  Those people aren't coming back into the labor force at least until their kids transition to a normal school (which might not be until college) and that isn't happening yet (their kids are at most in their early teens).

The other thing you have is mid-20s is still in school for more and more people.  We are going to have redefine prime ages.

The labor participation rate for people 35-39 years old in May was 82.9%.  The average based on data going back to 1982 was 83.5%.

We're 0.6% below the average.  Pretty similar for 30-34 year olds 0.7 points below the average.

For people that were less likely to have young kids during the great recession and are less affected by having to go to school longer, the labor participation rate is pretty much what you'd expect based on historical data and not indicative of a large change due to automation.

The decline in the labor participation rate is heavily tied to things related to having kids (and for males has been declining for 60 some years).

https://equitablegrowth.org/declining-labor-force-participation-rate-causes-consequences-path-forward/

There is no reason to invoke issues related to automation when talking about the labor participation rate.  People in the US get to a point where it makes more sense to stop working and stay home and raise kids due to the associated costs and as more women have gotten better jobs more males have taken on that role.)

3 minutes ago, twa said:

you Dems should be ashamed of yourselves.

Seems like the main sentiment from the article isn't that Dems have an issue with a female candidate/President, but fear that a female candidate would have a harder time winning votes from independents and possible GOP converts. 

46 minutes ago, twa said:

you Dems should be ashamed of yourselves.

I bet that number is triple  among the GOP. They prefer the Sarah Palin,  Michelle Bachman types.

56 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Funny but quite sad that another Bush was the GOP's voter's likely choice for the nomination before Trump swooped in and stole their blackened hearts. 

He didn't steal their hearts. They welcomed him into their hearts. He awoke their true nature.

Archived