PCS

Share those pics part 2

A barn on my property in Orange county, VA.  The wind last week just peeled back the tin roof.

ZWid7OF.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Last night.

You should send up the drone and get some cool shots of the snow covered countryside.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, China said:

You should send up the drone and get some cool shots of the snow covered countryside.

Had to be productive today, now the snow is almost all gone. :kickcan:

15 hours ago, China said:

A barn on my property in Orange county, VA.  The wind last week just peeled back the tin roof.

Looks like a Frank Gehry opera house. 

Edited by Elessar78

On 3/12/2018 at 8:19 PM, China said:

A barn on my property

Was it Made In China? :)

Found a great horned owl nest this AM.   Can’t wait to see some cute babies in the next week or two...

FB83CFF5-2795-4734-8896-C723FA454911.jpeg

• Like 3

Trying to find a new hobby.  Bought a used camera off Craigslist a few weeks ago and have been playing around with it.  Here are a few pics I took walking around Virginia Beach after I played with some editing software (free downloads of course).

DSC_0016.JPG

DSC_0187.JPG

DSC_0229.JPG

DSC_0246.JPG

DSC_0380.JPG

• Like 4

Went out to First Landing State Park today and took these pics.  I was hoping for more colors since it is technically spring but whatever, it got me outside.  I think the second to last one is my favorite.  What are your thoughts?

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0038.jpg

DSC_0124.jpg

DSC_0139.jpg

DSC_0148.jpg

DSC_0150.jpg

DSC_0153.jpg

• Like 2

I had no idea that was no longer Seashore State Park. I used to ride my bike through there to the oceanfront every weekday for a summer job, long ago. There was a little roaming gang of bike thieves that you had to look out for. They'd try to get people to stop somehow, so they could try to gang up and jack their bikes. I'd blaze past them every few weeks or so.  It's a really atmospheric and pretty cool park. Early mornings it was beautiful. Evening time was pretty buggy.

Any of you guys know where to get film developed in Northern VA?  I took some roles of film lately for the first time in about 4 or 5 years.  Last time I took film the Costco in Sterling was still developing film, there was a CVS in McLean that did it, too.

I checked those places, they don't do it anymore.  I don't think any of the Costcos do.  Walgreens does but they send it away to a 3rd party, it costs 15 bucks a roll and they'll give you back a CD but they don't give your negatives back.  WTF.

Looks like I'm going to have to bite the bullet and buy the developing chemicals, a film scanner and everything but I wanted to see if you guys knew of a place that could do it for a reasonable price.

Haven't done it in years. I'm think a local camera store here in Ashburn does it, or they may have good recommendations.

www.acephoto.net

Edited by Corcaigh

hey guys i just go into photography.  i have a few questions.

1) where do you get canvas made?

2) where do you host your raw photos?

3) how do i learn the correct settings for my camera

I have a nikon d3400

On 4/14/2018 at 11:40 PM, Spaceman Spiff said:

Any of you guys know where to get film developed in Northern VA?  I took some roles of film lately for the first time in about 4 or 5 years.  Last time I took film the Costco in Sterling was still developing film, there was a CVS in McLean that did it, too.

I checked those places, they don't do it anymore.  I don't think any of the Costcos do.  Walgreens does but they send it away to a 3rd party, it costs 15 bucks a roll and they'll give you back a CD but they don't give your negatives back.  WTF.

Looks like I'm going to have to bite the bullet and buy the developing chemicals, a film scanner and everything but I wanted to see if you guys knew of a place that could do it for a reasonable price.

Our local photography shop does it:  Dominion Camera.

http://dominioncamera.com/film-processing.html

On 4/8/2018 at 5:50 PM, TheGreatBuzz said:

Trying to find a new hobby.  Bought a used camera off Craigslist a few weeks ago and have been playing around with it.  Here are a few pics I took walking around Virginia Beach after I played with some editing software (free downloads of course).

"Nightmare Mansion"

I have a funny story about that place:

One year, back when I was washing dishes and had a fro, I was biking down Atlantic, saw that, and finally said "F it" and went in.  While I was getting the ticket, the lady in the booth went over the intercom "Okay, last person for the night, do what you do."

In my head I'm like "WTF is that supposed to mean?".  I went in anyway, it was cool, and was moving at a decent pace, could feel people behind me, and I was right.  I finally wrap around the corner and saw something b-line coming right at me, and I let out a grown man yell (shut up), and you know what it was?:  

My reflection with my hair out.

I could not stop laughing, and could see others in there supposed to scare me weak as well, we were all done.  It's hilarious to me, the only thing that scared me in that haunted house was me : )

6 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

hey guys i just go into photography.  i have a few questions.

1) where do you get canvas made?

2) where do you host your raw photos?

3) how do i learn the correct settings for my camera

I have a nikon d3400

Many a Photography print shop,(both big and small),offer canvas prints. Some,however,don't include mounting the print,( I do that myself). 

Many options there as well when it comes to photo sharing. If you're talking about actual raw format from the camera,that's an interesting one as some may not support that type of format. Raw format,(and especially TIFF which some good print shots will print from),can take up more memory space and some sites charge for that. I personally use SmugMug. 

"Correct" settings is a bit vague when it comes to photography. Correct can be many things depending on the most important part of photography. Lighting. That and what you're trying to capture and how.  3500 is a very nice little camera and should have a pretty good instruction booklet on the settings for your camera and what they do. I'd also recommend doing a youtube search for learning about it. Some great learning videos for that specific camera as well as photography in general. Learning about shutter speed,aperture,and then ISO and how the relate to each other in taking pictures is a good foundation to start from.