Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nazis showing up at places uninvited.

No Excuses

4 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Sorry, but what news value does it have? Racists are racist, got it. No need to give them more attention. Meh...

I agree with that. Way too much stupid stuff in the news cycle for way longer than it deserves (i.e. the week's worth of coverage on the Covington Christian deal when a more appropriate amount would have been closer to 0 minutes.) I and, I think, others read it as a politically influenced, defensive reflex action (not unusual nowadays).

But anyway, sometimes your posts make me scratch my head. Sometimes I really enjoy them though. My feeling is that generally, you seem like a really nice person. I hope that I can someday avenge the part of your brain that has been twisted by the GOP.

I think the tactic of ignore them and they go away has merit,, do not lower yourself, do not give them the validity of attention.

Unfortunately, it hasn't worked.  Them just going away where we can't see them is just a temporary solution, because like a fire, unless all embers are extinguished, the fire will start again.

I don't know what the answer is, and as much as i am against online vigilantism, out them. Ostracize them. They don't seem to care if society ignores them,, maybe if society expelled them it might make a difference.

~Bang 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

But anyway, sometimes your posts make me scratch my head. Sometimes I really enjoy them though. My feeling is that generally, you seem like a really nice person. I hope that I can someday avenge the part of your brain that has been twisted by the GOP.

OMG I am a really nice person.... i was desperately unaware that wanting racists to fall into a black hole and die was a GOP value!!! ( 😛 )

8 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I like how you turn “i’m not a fan of Paramount Network making money off the backs of dead mean and racists” into “we should ignore racism”

He (and I) accurately described your post. And you've continued to make exactly the same point, over and over again. 

The point is being made that racism in this country has reached the point that racists are now openly holding organized events at which they celebrate their racism by making celebrities of people who kill black children. 

And you keep trying to push the notion that the problem here is that people talk about it. 

Unless I missed it, the only point you've made in this thread is that people should ignore it. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Larry said:

He (and I) accurately described your post. And you've continued to make exactly the same point, over and over again. 

The point is being made that racism in this country has reached the point that racists are now openly holding organized events at which they celebrate their racism by making celebrities of people who kill black children. 

And you keep trying to push the notion that the problem here is that people talk about it.

No, i have a problem with a network giving these people air time. There are many ways (as i mentioned) to talk about racism. You could have documentaries that focus on the affects of racism. You could have talk about what george martin is doing without giving him air time, You could dox the people attending the “events”. Talking about racism isn’t a problem, making zimmerman feel important in any way, is, however. I think putting a big shiny camera in front of him does that. You’ve continually missed my point. 

Not trying to offend you but you keep accusing me of something that is completely different from what i said.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Sorry, but what news value does it have? Racists are racist, got it. No need to give them more attention. Meh...

At one time I agreed with that idea. Ignore the morons and hope other weakminded folk wouldn't follow.

However, the proliferation of media coverage, and cell phone footage, and online "news" sources presenting any situation from whatever angle any group wants news needs to be there. It simply can't be ignored anymore because the counter spin has to be addressed. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Larry said:

I think you're seeing something that ain't there. 

I see something there.. I was done thinking that he's totally ignorant about everything awhile ago.

He knows what he's doing in the arena of racism. And he is not as dumb as we desperately want to think he is.

Edited by Mr. Sinister