Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nazis showing up at places uninvited.

No Excuses

36 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

The bit I saw earlier isn't bad when you include context.  It was something to the effect of "why didn't X get blasted when they used the word n*****?"

Maybe context softens it a bit but got to watch your language on a corporate conference call.

44 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Maybe context softens it a bit but got to watch your language on a corporate conference call.

Or when doing a podcast.

Or during the White House Correspondants Dinner.  Or is that one okay because it ends with a instead of er?

Point being that dude was NOT using it as a slur directed at someone.  My understanding is he was calling out a different company person for using it.  It's a non-issue I think.  I don't think he should have apologized.  I'm open to hearing people who disagree though and why one was okay and one wasn't.

Edited by TheGreatBuzz
Forgot important word
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

The bit I saw earlier isn't bad when you include context.  It was something to the effect of "why didn't X get blasted when they used the word n*****?"

Is this like when a racist person complains because a rapper can say it casually, but when the racist person wants to use it as a slur against black people, everyone criticizes them?

• Haha 1

Just now, visionary said:

Is this like when a racist person complains because a rapper can say it casually, but when the racist person wants to use it as a slur against black people, everyone criticizes them?

You tell me.  Do you take it that way?

The music bit to me I don't like but whatever.  It is part of their expression.  But it was being used as part of a discussion on racism.  One should not have to apologize for using the most racist word there is when discussing racism (unless it is used in a negative way obviously).

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

You tell me.  Do you take it that way?

The music bit to me I don't like but whatever.  It is part of their expression.  But it was being used as part of a discussion on racism.  One should not have to apologize for using the most racist word there is when discussing racism (unless it is used in a negative way obviously).

I don't know, reading the article, it seems he could have said it differently...and I'm not really sure what he was talking about.   

3 minutes ago, visionary said:

I don't know, reading the article, it seems he could have said it differently...and I'm not really sure what he was talking about.   

I've heard a bit of it but have yet to find a recording with a minute before and after he said it to add full context.  But my understanding is it was something about how Colonel Sanders said N***** and never got any backlash.

I guarantee that if there is a recording of him saying it, there is a recording that includes more of the conversation.  Yet no one is really sharing it.  Makes me suspicious. 

7 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Or when doing a podcast.

Or during the White House Correspondants Dinner.  Or is that one okay because it ends with a instead of er?

Point being that dude was NOT using it as a slur directed at someone.  My understanding is he was calling out a different company person for using it.  It's a non-issue I think.  I don't think he should have apologized.  I'm open to hearing people who disagree though and why one was okay and one wasn't.

Different circumstances. He was comparing himself to Colonel Sanders who used the word and never faced backlash. The word was not needed in that situation especially coming from dude.

Just now, Cooked Crack said:

Different circumstances. He was comparing himself to Colonel Sanders who used the word and never faced backlash. The word was not needed in that situation especially coming from dude.

That is why I want to hear more.  If he had said "I wish I could say n***** like Colonel Sanders did.  "n-word"." I would say case closed.  Doesn't seem that clear here.  I bet there is more of the reporting.  Someone didn't get lucky enough to only grab that bit.  Why not include more of it?

If you want proper context on the Papa John thing, you should start with the fact that he was against the NFL players kneeling. So much so that they pulled sponcership. That basically makes you a white supremacist to my community. Hate to break it to you but if you follow a white supremacist (Trump, duh) and his arguments to the point of distorting reality and you put your money where your mouth is people will judge you accordingly. 

Then you add in the N word and well you get what's coming to you. 

Hope the **** wasted his money and is broke by Sunday. 

EDIT: Also, isnt this the dude that didnt want to give his employees health insurance because it would cost him 11 cents more per pizza. And was shocked that the reaction to that was negative? Its almost like.....hes a ****ty person. 

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

The fixation some of my fellow white folks have with being able to use that word is mind-boggling.  Here's my view - white people, don't use it.  Period.  Also, don't cry if black people want to use it. 

• Like 1

I like Cube addressing that with Maher. I think I may have seen that before. Bill seemed like he was tired of the backlash he got. Regardless, the only thing I take issue with is Cube saying," That's our word now." I hate that word so much. I don't say it at all. I don't like black people saying it, and damn sure don't like other races saying it either. 

As a kid, with my friends, we used to use it in a friendly manner to describe one another. One time my grandfather overheard me say it. My grandfather was never a man to raise his voice, but this was one of two times where I saw him do so. He pulled me aside and told me about every time that word had been used as a weapon against him, every time a white person used it to belittle him, to his face. He was disappointed to realize my generation had decided it would be cool to use amongst ourselves. Most of us really haven't experienced the level of blatant outright racism that our parents and grandparents have. What he said stayed with me, and out of respect for him, I stopped saying it. 

Now when I hear it from other black people, I don't preach at them about it but I don't approve. Although it may never fully stopping being used with my generation, I hope future generations remove it from their vocabulary. It needs to die. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Llevron said:

If you want proper context on the Papa John thing, you should start with the fact that he was against the NFL players kneeling. So much so that they pulled sponcership. That basically makes you a white supremacist to my community.

That basically makes your community wrong.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HooHog said:

The fixation some of my fellow white folks have with being able to use that word is mind-boggling.  Here's my view - white people, don't use it.  Period.  Also, don't cry if black people want to use it. 

This.

I listen to plenty of hip hop.  If Eminem can do it then so can you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

That basically makes your community wrong.

You can disagree all you want but perception is not up to you. And it's not about facts either. 

If you put out heinous **** people with think heinous **** about you. You folks on the right love to complain about it but feel like immigrants are all MS13. Please. Miss me with the righteousness here playa.

edit: not you. From what I can tell you aint that type of cat

Edited by Llevron