Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nazis showing up at places uninvited.

No Excuses

Just now, Kilmer17 said:

It should be easy to support the freedoms provided in the Constitution for speech and assembly, while also finding laws within the inches thick book the police have at their disposal to arrest enough of these dopes to stop the entire thing. 

"Should" and "will" are miles apart when it comes to this issue in America. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

its too easy to write them off as Trump's base

its more than that

as far as i'm concerned, anyone who is silent on them, is just as despicable. people don't get to ride the sidelines on this one

This is what moderate whites will never get.

Good to see the police holding restraint against hateful armed white men who only seek to antagonize. Would love to see that with oppressed persons on day. (Ha!)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Kilmer17 said:

It should be easy to support the freedoms provided in the Constitution for speech and assembly, while also finding laws within the inches thick book the police have at their disposal to arrest enough of these dopes to stop the entire thing. 

If they didn't get a permit, then they could arrest all of them immediately.

As I already posted, anyone with a mask could be arrested for a felony.

For what it's worth the police have declare it an unlawful assembly and are ordering everyone off the streets.

Good luck with that.

8 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

While I found this funny, we have to stop treating ppl like this as fringe members of society 

these are normal ppl with regular jobs and families. And that is what makes it 100x worse 

I don't know man, I really don't think these people are part of polite society.  They're white trash from bumbledick VA.  The reason they're like this is because they're the dying fringe of society.  The internet is what lets them find each other and appear so organized and ubiquitous.  Any normal white person who watches this will react with horror and shame.  That's the only response a properly socialized human being could feel.

I think it's a major problem that hateful pieces of garbage like these people can find each other and create toxic echo chambers via the internet.  We haven't really even recognized this issue as a problem yet, much less figured out a way to address it.  But I think it's a mistake to see all of these people and assume this represents a widespread white point of view.

• Like 4

To be fair to the police. This happened ridiculously fast today. The alt right side was walking around with pieces of body armor on, helmets, and guns. It takes time to amass a police force that can clear out that many people safely. 

They have the force ready and on standby for tonight. Today was a bit if a surprise. 

• Like 1

This is not good. There are a lot of radicals on both sides of the aisle ready for violence. Hopefully things don't escalate too much and nobody gets hurt out there. I'm still holding out hope that the more sane among us can resolve our political disputes with words. 

Edited by s0crates

15 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

They cant shut this down. The lack of a single dark-skinned protestor on that side leaves their hands tied. This is yet another example of the vast difference between how minorities are treated compared to white people. 

I don't think they were sympathetic, I think they were scared.  They immediately lost control of this situation.  Maybe their leadership was sympathetic.

The police and the University behaved like chicken **** in this ordeal.  The University has an obligation not to let armed and torchbearing Nazis march through their campus, harassing and beating up their students.

If I were a BLM organizer I'd be taking notes.  Next time have everyone show up with torches and open carrying.

• Like 1

Just now, stevemcqueen1 said:

If I were a BLM organizer I'd be taking notes.  Next time have everyone show up with torches and open carrying.

cops out here getting off by saying they feared for their life from UNARMED black people, yet you think this will work?

you are smarter than this Steve

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

The police and the University behaved like chicken **** in this ordeal.  The University has an obligation not to let armed and torchbearing Nazis march through their campus, harassing and beating up their students.

Can you point me to the part where they marched through the campus and beat up students?  I'm not for what's going on, but flaming the situation with false facts doesn't help either.

2 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

cops out here getting off by saying they feared for their life from UNARMED black people, yet you think this will work?

If you are a cop what is easier:

Go attack and beat up an unarmed black group

or

Go attack and beat up an armed, somewhat body armored, helmeted, white group

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

It is easy.

I've seen dudes be arrested because one, singular, civilian witness said they saw, from within one moving vehicle, a person, in another moving vehicle with tinted windows, brandishing a firearm.  That's a misdemeanor.  Cops got the license plate, went to the guy's house, arrested and charged him.  No gun recovered from home.

Virginia has so damn many laws that if the police wanted they could arrest everyone, make them felons, and then proceed to violate all people in the state for violating the terms of their probation.

It's entirely up to police discretion who gets arrested, when, and for what.  I'm disappointed they don't use that discretion now.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, daveakl said:

If you are a cop what is easier:

Go attack and beat up an unarmed black group

or

Go attack and beat up an armed, somewhat body armored, helmeted, white group

if you are a cop and this is how you base your decisions, you shouldn't be a ****ing cop

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, s0crates said:

This is not good. There are a lot of radicals on both sides of the aisle ready for violence. Hopefully things don't escalate too much and nobody gets hurt out there. I'm still holding out hope that the more sane among us can resolve our political disputes with words. 

Get the **** out with the both sides nonsense in here. 

No one on the left is marching while praising the Nazis. 

No one on the left is voting for extremists like Corey Stewart. 

This rally has explicit ties to the VA GOP. 

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 10

Just now, StillUnknown said:

Well it looks like the cops are shutting down the protests today so it's a moot point.  But say it's 1,000 armed black people organized as a militia who were protesting.  You'd get a different response from the cops then.  That's what got these cops ****ting their pants and doing nothing.

The political blowback from that would be terrible though.  That'd convince the Fox News audience that black people are out to kill them in their homes and they better rally around the racists and support policies to oppress them.

I'm watching this on TV and the lack of consistent uniforms makes it hard to distinguish the good white people from the bad ones.  They knew they'd be on TV, the least they could have done is enforced a color scheme.   

I'm amazed at how many people have wooden clubs of some sort without any of them being an actual baseball bat.  Was there a rule against bats?  Is there a big pile of chairs missing legs somewhere? 

Shields.  So many shields.  Is it legal to sell cheap plastic shields at a protest?  I might have a business idea.  

Why did the police allow protestors and counter protestors to attack each other with weapons like it's no big deal.  Pretty sure swinging clubs at people is considered a serious crime.  Can't really tell where the lines are at white protests.  Guns, clubs, pepper spray... sure why not.  At an immigration rally holding a dixie cup in an aggressive manner might attract a rubber bullet.  

During the the previous administration i'd have found comfort in the fact that these racists would end up on a government list.  Now I still think they might, but it will just be for campaign fundraising purposes.  

• Like 12

1 minute ago, StillUnknown said:

if you are a cop and this is how you base your decisions, you shouldn't be a ****ing cop

I don't disagree, but which protest are you going to run into if both are largely illegal (no permits, minor property issues, etc)

6 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

There would be blood in the streets. 

Remember, they brought out tanks against protestors in Ferguson. And the police were armed like they were invading Mosul. 

Whether some of them are sympathetic or not, they are likely being to told to stand down from above if any of them wanted to stop it, and did not prepare for this protest the same way they prepare for a PoC or LBGT rally/protest. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Gamebreaker said:

Whether some of them are sympathetic or not, they are likely being to told to stand down from above if any of them wanted to stop it, and did not prepare for this protest the same way they prepare for a PoC or LBGT rally/protest. 

True.  Which makes me think that someone high up in the chain of command was sympathetic to the cause.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Get the **** out with the both sides nonsense in here. 

No one on the left is marching while praising the Nazis. 

No one on the left is voting for extremists like Corey Stewart. 

This rally has explicit ties to the VA GOP. 

Quite a few in this thread have openly advocated exterminating these poor ignorant slobs, do you not think that's a radical solution to the problem? Suppose that was the reaction to an antifa rally with communist flags if it helps.

Edited by s0crates

18 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I don't know man, I really don't think these people are part of polite society.  They're white trash from bumbledick VA.  The reason they're like this is because they're the dying fringe of society.  The internet is what lets them find each other and appear so organized and ubiquitous.  Any normal white person who watches this will react with horror and shame.  That's the only response a properly socialized human being could feel.

I don't agree with you here Steve. 

This isn't fringe. The only reason Corey Stewart isn't the GOP nominee is because there were enough GOP voters in NoVA to prevent him. 

But an explicit white supremacist carried the GOP vote pretty much everywhere else in VA.

There are a lot of people in VA who sympathize with today's rally. 

Just now, s0crates said:

Quite a few in this thread have openly advocated exterminating these poor ignorant slobs, do you not think that's a radical solution,

These aren't poor ignorant sobs. These are armed radicals who advocate for the genocide and oppression of colored people. Stop downplaying what they are.

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, s0crates said:

No. 

Im not dealing with this "it's both sides that are like this" bull**** today. The other side isn't showing its ass in Charlottesville right now. Stop trying to deflect from what this really is. Whenever the other side gets violent, it's always in direct response to what the PoS that are in Charlottesville are doing or have done. The root of the issue is these PoS in Charlottesville and their millions of sympathizers across the nation. 

• Like 7