Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nazis showing up at places uninvited.

No Excuses

5 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

-The Declaration of Independence (which does not carry the weight of law). 

Right. Not the Constitution so just aspirational unlike the actual laws

The Declaration of Independence to free the US of tyranny which they replace with a different type.

• Like 1

Feds Arrest ‘Crying Nazi’ Chris Cantwell on Threat Charges

Federal law enforcement agents arrested neo-Nazi leader Chris Cantwell in New Hampshire on Thursday, marking new legal trouble for one of the leaders at the deadly 2017 white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia.

Cantwell, who became notorious after the rally as the “crying Nazi” profiled by Vice News, was arrested on two federal charges related to making interstate threats. Daily Beast contributor Seamus Hughes first reported a new indictment against Cantwell on Twitter. Cantwell could not be immediately reached for comment.

The charges against Cantwell related to an alleged attempt to pressure someone to reveal personal information about a Cantwell enemy, according to the indictment. In messages sent on Telegram, an encrypted messaging app that’s become a haven for white supremacists, Cantwell allegedly pressured someone to give up what’s described in the indictment as “personal identifying information” about a man known by the “on-line pseudonym ‘VM.’”

“So if you don’t want me to come and f*ck your wife in front of your kids, then you should make yourself scarce,” Cantwell allegedly wrote in a June 16 message. “Give me Vic, it’s your only out.” 

Click on the link for the full article

15 hours ago, Corcaigh said:

Right. Not the Constitution so just aspirational unlike the actual laws

The Declaration of Independence to free the US of tyranny which they replace with a different type.

Right, that's my point.  The exact right people had the exact right ideas, they just put them on the wrong piece of paper.  Now gun nuts think their right to amass for a giant threat display is an inalienable right (and it probably is, legally, with only a few limitations). 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2020 at 9:25 AM, Larry said:

Just wondering - do we have a thread for Nazis showing up invited?  Or do they just go in the "Trump and his cabinet" thread?  

I'm here all week, folks.  Try the veal.  

I specifically came in here to write a post wondering if Nazis have ever been invited anywhere by anyone EVER who is not a Nazi.   🙂

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

I couldn't open it. But that would be a major departure from established military policy.  Who were the officials who said this?

Edit. I found it yeah active participation will get you booted. Frankly way I see it the only way it comes to the attention of the commander is if you are active.

Edited by nonniey
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, nonniey said:

I couldn't open it. But that would be a major departure from established military policy.  Who were the officials who said this?

Membership in a white supremacist or neo-Nazi group won't necessarily get a U.S. service member tossed out of the military, defense officials told a House subcommittee Tuesday.

The officials, including representatives of Naval Criminal Investigative Service and the Army's Criminal Investigation Division, appeared to make a distinction between membership in an extremist organization and "active participation" in deciding on recruitment and retention.

The officials also told a hearing of the House Armed Services subcommittee on personnel that they had no reliable data on how many service members had been administratively discharged for espousing white supremacist ideology or how many potential recruits had been barred from enlisting.

The testimony appeared to stun several members of the committee.

"I am flummoxed by what I've heard today," Rep. Jackie Speier, D-California, chair of the Subcommittee, said after questioning Robert Grabosky, deputy director of Law Enforcement at the Air Force Office of Special Investigations.

Grabosky said that membership in a white nationalist group "is not prohibited," but "active participation" in the group could lead to an administrative discharge, at a commander's discretion.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Membership in a white supremacist or neo-Nazi group won't necessarily get a U.S. service member tossed out of the military, defense officials told a House subcommittee Tuesday.

The officials, including representatives of Naval Criminal Investigative Service and the Army's Criminal Investigation Division, appeared to make a distinction between membership in an extremist organization and "active participation" in deciding on recruitment and retention.

The officials also told a hearing of the House Armed Services subcommittee on personnel that they had no reliable data on how many service members had been administratively discharged for espousing white supremacist ideology or how many potential recruits had been barred from enlisting.

The testimony appeared to stun several members of the committee.

"I am flummoxed by what I've heard today," Rep. Jackie Speier, D-California, chair of the Subcommittee, said after questioning Robert Grabosky, deputy director of Law Enforcement at the Air Force Office of Special Investigations.

Grabosky said that membership in a white nationalist group "is not prohibited," but "active participation" in the group could lead to an administrative discharge, at a commander's discretion.

OK yeah that is the way it has been. Of course active participation is very broad and if it comes to a commanders attention it would have to be active imo.

i popped in only to make a joke on the title at first, but saw yours and it's better

On 2/9/2020 at 6:25 AM, Larry said:

Just wondering - do we have a thread for Nazis showing up invited?  Or do they just go in the "Trump and his cabinet" thread?  

i'll add this per above posts---if you're a member of that kind of ****, foreign or domestic, that should be enough...that active participation loophole seems like weaksauce to me and they definitely should have (likely do and are lying) data, and that data should be publicly accessible

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jumbo said:

i'll add this per above posts---if you're a member of that kind of ****, foreign or domestic, that should be enough...that active participation loophole seems like weaksauce to me and they definitely should have (likely do and are lying) data, and that data should be publicly accessible

I can see some dumb kid (but i repeat myself) "sign up" at like 15, and now they're a member, but smarten up by 16 and realize that the group's values are abhorrent and made up of terrible people or whatever.  Or just lose interest as teenagers do.  But I don't think these types of groups necessarily have an unsubscribe option.  So the kid is "a member" forever, even if he's long since left the group and never really bought in anyways.  

I dunno, I'm not real big on punishing people for the stupid **** they did when they were dumb**** teenagers.  That said, the person in question should definitely be subjected to a thorough investigation to make sure they really are totally removed from it.  

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Like 3

I know that when I enlisted we all stood and took an oath that in itself would be incompatible with white supremacist ideology. On a very basic level that ought to be sufficient grounds for the military to divest themselves of these nutjobs. Unfortunately it seems they are more worried about PR fallout than whether or not they are training terrorists.