Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nazis showing up at places uninvited.

No Excuses

Cops Bust Unicorn Protesting White Supremacy at Indiana Farmer’s Market

The arrest of an inflatable purple unicorn on Saturday wasn’t even close to the strangest event to unfold at Bloomington, Indiana’s Community Farmers’ Market this year.

The market was once the peaceful home of fresh vegetables and goat cheese. But after the owners of a market stall were outed as supporters of a white supremacist group, it has become the center of a fierce debate on bigotry and free speech. The controversy has led to new rules about where people can hold signs and distribute flyers in the market—and on Saturday, five anti-racist protesters were arrested for allegedly breaking those rules.

The unicorn was the first to go. Dressed in an inflatable purple pony suit with a golden horn, protester Forrest Gilmore was removed from the market by two police officers, each gripping one of his purple hooves.

191111-Weill-Cops-protesters-unicorn_sui

Gilmore is part of the Purple Shirt Brigade, an activist coalition that formed this year in response to allegations of white supremacists working at the Bloomington Community Farmers’ Market. Those allegations began after the arrest of Indiana resident Nolan Brewer for spray-painting Nazi flags on the side of a synagogue and setting off a fire outside. Brewer told authorities he was a dues-paying member of the hate group Identity Evropa, and described getting dinner with another member: Sarah Dye and her husband Douglas Mackey. Brewer also told investigators the screenname Dye used in an Identity Evropa chat room. Local activists then matched that name to Dye and a series of racist messages she posted as “Volkmom.” (Dye denies being a white supremacist, but describes herself as an “identitarian,” a term with little to no meaningful distinction from white supremacy, and which has become popular among white supremacists hoping for more mainstream acceptance.)

Click on the link for the full article

• Sad 2

21 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Two dudes holding a flag? Not very straight, bro. Only way that's acceptable is if it's a flag for a sports team.

Yeah, I notice that, too.  The straight pride festival attracted . . . two guys.  

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Bang said:

Still think a war isn't beginning here?

How many people have to be at war for it to be a war?

Best be ready. 

~Bang

We are thinking about going to rent a cabin way out in the woods for a week or so around Election Day just to see how things play out.

You’ve talked about a war is coming, etc.  What’s your plan if something actually happens?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

We are thinking about going to rent a cabin way out in the woods for a week or so around Election Day just to see how things play out.

You’ve talked about a war is coming, etc.  What’s your plan if something actually happens?

hunker down, load up and hope. Watch the wind.
I am of the hope the military sides with the people. If they do, any revolt will be short lived.
if they don't, there is no hope.
i'm a peasant

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bang said:

I am of the hope the military sides with the people. If they do, any revolt will be short lived.

You’re not the first one to mention the military and what they will do (not to mention police departments, etc) but forget that the response from those groups would almost guaranteedly be split.  There isn’t much reason to believe that the country would fall into a state of violence but that the military and such would not have a similar split.

3 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

You’re not the first one to mention the military and what they will do (not to mention police departments, etc) but forget that the response from those groups would almost guaranteedly be split.  There isn’t much reason to believe that the country would fall into a state of violence but that the military and such would not have a similar split.

Did you just declare that there's no reason to assume that the military (for example) will not exhibit any more unit cohesiveness or respect for command than a random group of civilians would?  

3 minutes ago, Larry said:

Did you just declare that there's no reason to assume that the military (for example) will not exhibit any more unit cohesiveness or respect for command than a random group of civilians would?  

No.  I pointed out that it is stupid to think that their would be 100% “unit cohesiveness or respect for command”.  

Just now, TheGreatBuzz said:

No.  I pointed out that it is stupid to think that their would be 100% “unit cohesiveness or respect for command”.  

I've always been curious, doesnt the enlistment oath include loyalty to the constitution and the president?  Is defending the constitution the priority over the orders of commander in chief?

2 hours ago, Bang said:

hunker down, load up and hope. Watch the wind.
if they don't, there is no hope.
i'm a peasant

~Bang

You and @TheGreatBuzz bring up interesting plans.  I try to be optimist, but I'm glad wifey wants to learn how to shot. Practice makes perfect.

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I've always been curious, doesnt the enlistment oath include loyalty to the constitution and the president?  Is defending the constitution the priority over the orders of commander in chief?

I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

As to which one takes precedence, I don’t believe we know the answer to that.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

As to which one takes precedence, I don’t believe we know the answer to that.

I find these things written purposely. Therefore, Constitution takes precedence.

1 - it is mentioned 1st

2 - it has no qualifier

3 - President and superior Officer orders are mentioned second

4 - POTUS and Officer orders have qualifier “according to refs and UCMJ.....”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, thegreaterbuzzette said:

I find these things written purposely. Therefore, Constitution takes precedence.

1 - it is mentioned 1st

2 - it has no qualifier

3 - President and superior Officer orders are mentioned second

4 - POTUS and Officer orders have qualifier “according to refs and UCMJ.....”

We can debate the true meaning of the placement of a comma.  Very 2nd amendment-ish.