Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nazis showing up at places uninvited.

No Excuses

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dr-gridlock/wp/2018/08/10/uber-and-lyft-drivers-debate-whether-to-work-during-unite-the-right-rally/?utm_term=.d6151c682014

On message boards and Facebook groups, Uber and Lyft drivers — particularly those who are people of color — have been weighing whether they should drive in the District on Sunday. And, if they do, how they will respond if they’re matched with a passenger whose views are abhorrent to their own personhood.

“Stay away from Foggy Bottom this Sunday,” read one post on UberPeople, a message board that is popular with the platform’s drivers.

“Looks like a good time to drive out to Deep Creek and chill on the lake,” said another.

“The surge will be wild,” said one person on the message board. “I’m gonna sit this one out though.”

A few joked about what they would do if a white nationalist got in their car, seeking a ride to Lafayette Square. (“Pick them on DuPont, drive them to Leesburg and drop them there telling them that police don’t let you get closer,” one person quipped.)

:806:

1 minute ago, tshile said:

how is airbnb and uber going to ban participants?

will there be a Are you a Nazi question when you book?

Well, with Uber, if you get hailed and the person flagging you down is holding a tiki torch, just keep driving.  AirBNB is probably harder, maybe just don't rent your place out that weekend.  

• Haha 1

After briefly considering going full yuppie and reserving a table at POV at the W to watch Sunday's carnage while enjoying some top-shelf booze, it looks like I'll be watching on TV.  As such, I might as well invite some friends over and drink 20 beers.  And if that's happening, no reason not to make a drinking game out of it.  Before you get all bent out of shape that I am making light of this awful situation, I'll just say that (1) whatever happens Sunday is going to happen regardless and (2) if you can't have a laugh at the expense of Nazi incels, then what is the point of living?

The Unite the White 2018 DC Rally Drinking Game

1.  For ease of writing, I'm just going to collectively refer to one side as "nazis" and the other side as "antifa."  If you insist on further specificity or want to talk about the different ideologies within those respective groups, then you have already lost the game, must finish your current beer, and GTFO.  

1.  The word "Charlottesville" is 1 drink.

2.  Every time a nazi gets punched, 1 drink.

3.  If the punch knocks them down, 2 drinks.

4.  If law enforcement body slams a nazi, 3 drinks.

5.  If that law enforcement officer is a person of color, the first person to yell "white civil rights mother****er!" gets to make everyone else drink until he/she says stop.  

6.  If you see a nazi holding a sign with a clear spelling or grammatical error, 1 drink.

7.  If you see a nazi running away from antifa intent on inflicting bodily harm, cheers your neighbor and take 2 drinks.

8.  Every time the telecast repeats the phrase "very fine people" the first person to yell "on many sides!" gets to choose someone to refill everyone's beer until the next time that phrase is repeated.  The person chosen will be referred to as "The Very Fine Person." 

9.  If you spot a female nazi, 5 drinks.

10.  If a camera randomly catches Alex Ovechkin drunk and swimming in a fountain, do a kegstand out of a trophy.  

11.  When Trump tweets about it without condemning the nazis, finish your beer.  Hope he doesn't do this multiple times.

Feel free to add more.  

• Haha 2

Not for nothing PB, do you not drink on #7 if the roles are reversed?  I ask because some of the folks we saw in Charlottesville appear able bodied and capable of some violence, shields and crude weapons notwithstanding.  And the recent Antifa arrests had some older people who looked like they had escaped a senior living facility.

Edited by Forehead

23 minutes ago, Forehead said:

Not for nothing PB, do you not drink on #7 if the roles are reversed?  I ask because some of the folks we saw in Charlottesville appear able bodied and capable of some violence, shields and crude weapons notwithstanding.  And the recent Antifa arrests had some older people who looked like they had escaped a senior living facility.

Like Monopoly, you may modify the rules to enhance your playing experience.

Unlike Charlottesville, I have a feeling that the antinazis are going to outnumber the actual nazis by an order of magnitude.  

29 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

it's almost noon here  PB so imma gonna have to wait till i sober up a bit to do that list right

Starts on Sunday.  

49 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

After briefly considering going full yuppie and reserving a table at POV at the W to watch Sunday's carnage while enjoying some top-shelf booze, it looks like I'll be watching on TV

I thought this was Saturday so i thought my wife and I would be able to reflect on our years of marriage with the rumblings of nazi shouting.

Alas we'll be celebrating saturday night and they'll be marching sunday. 

• Thanks 1